New Haven Food Favorites Shipped Nationally | The Boneyard

New Haven Food Favorites Shipped Nationally

Reaction Score
Since moving from CT to GA, I’ve missed some of my New Haven favorites since I only get back up there every few years. I always knew I wasn’t the only one, but it turns out there’s a company, New Haven Direct Connect, through which you can order many of your favorites and have them shipped to you anywhere across the country. Here’s the website: New Haven CT Italian Gourmet Foods Delivered - New Haven Direct Connect.

Shipping isn’t cheap but compared to the cost of a nice dinner out, it’s a bargain to get some favorite comfort foods and associated good memories shipped to your doorstep.

I just got my first order, including Hummels hot dogs, Lucibello’s pastries, Foxon Park soda, and a few pies from Grand Apizza.

Thought I’d share the info with any other CT expats in the same boat, along with some pictures!

IMG_5955.jpeg

IMG_5954.jpeg

Reaction Score
I was literally just telling a coworker of mine who has only ever lived in GA that the second best pizza here is Digiornos.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Since moving from CT to GA, I’ve missed some of my New Haven favorites since I only get back up there every few years. I always knew I wasn’t the only one, but it turns out there’s a company, New Haven Direct Connect, through which you can order many of your favorites and have them shipped to you anywhere across the country. Here’s the website: New Haven CT Italian Gourmet Foods Delivered - New Haven Direct Connect.

Shipping isn’t cheap but compared to the cost of a nice dinner out, it’s a bargain to get some favorite comfort foods and associated good memories shipped to your doorstep.

I just got my first order, including Hummels hot dogs, Lucibello’s pastries, Foxon Park soda, and a few pies from Grand Apizza.

Thought I’d share the info with any other CT expats in the same boat, along with some pictures!

View attachment 100056

View attachment 100055
Great news. I also transferred to GA little more than 3 years ago. Savannah area. I will be ordering. There are many northeast transfers that are having serious withdrawals. Thanks for the post.

Reaction Score
Zuppardi's also ships pies. If you're expecting them to taste like the real deal you'll be disappointed, but they're better than any frozen pie I've ever had.

The best thing I ever did when I moved to North Carolina was to buy a pizza steel and follow this recipe:
New Haven Style Apizza

These homemade pies do a tremendous job of scratching the itch.

And if you want to go really overboard, there's a boneyard-style forum on pizzamaking

Reaction Score
Zuppardi's also ships pies. If you're expecting them to taste like the real deal you'll be disappointed, but they're better than any frozen pie I've ever had.

The best thing I ever did when I moved to North Carolina was to buy a pizza steel and follow this recipe:
New Haven Style Apizza

These homemade pies do a tremendous job of scratching the itch.

And if you want to go really overboard, there's a boneyard-style forum on pizzamaking
Thanks for the suggestion but I’m pretty sure if it’s the best frozen pizza you’ve ever had then that makes it the best Pizza in the greater Atlanta area. I did run into a food truck that made “New Haven Style Apizza” in L.A. last year but I guess there’s only so much you can do with a food truck oven.

Reaction Score
Goldbelly.com also has a lot of food options from Connecticut and the rest of the country. It’s also pricy.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the suggestion but I’m pretty sure if it’s the best frozen pizza you’ve ever had then that makes it the best Pizza in the greater Atlanta area. I did run into a food truck that made “New Haven Style Apizza” in L.A. last year but I guess there’s only so much you can do with a food truck oven.

I actually don't mind Antico. It's not as good as they say it is, but it's solid

Reaction Score
I actually don't mind Antico. It's not as good as they say it is, but it's solid
Same. It’s the only one I get here now. Except for the “mall pizza” at Jeans in Ponce city. If you order it well done it’s decent

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom