New Coaches Poll | The Boneyard

New Coaches Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The Coaches poll has UConn again one vote short of a unanimous #1. Moderate differences about teams like MD and USCar between the polls. Rutgers drops to a #39 spot, and USF up at #40.

Reaction Score
After yesterday's game, that's a crock. Someone is not playing fair, or is a serious UConn hater. You'd think the coaches poll would be better than that. Makes them all look bad without knowing who it is. They'd be best served by a bit of transparency.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
After yesterday's game, that's a crock. Someone is not playing fair, or is a serious UConn hater. You'd think the coaches poll would be better than that. Makes them all look bad without knowing who it is. They'd be best served by a bit of transparency.
Sure, but even last night you heard Beth and Steph on ESPN asking whether ND would be the overall #1 seed in the tourney if both teams finish their conference tourneys undefeated. So it's not exactly surprising that one voter would go with ND, and at least now we won't be having to read any of those "Is UConn Too Dominant for Women's College Basketball" articles since the Irish are getting someone's vote.

Reaction Score
Looking at it that way, I suppose it has merit, but I still am not please that after beating #3 so convincingly, that the dang poll is anonymous.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sure, but even last night you heard Beth and Steph on ESPN asking whether ND would be the overall #1 seed in the tourney if both teams finish their conference tourneys undefeated. So it's not exactly surprising that one voter would go with ND, and at least now we won't be having to read any of those "Is UConn Too Dominant for Women's College Basketball" articles since the Irish are getting someone's vote.
Personally I hope we end up as the 4th ranked number one seed as that would pretty well guarantee us headed to NE

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Personally I hope we end up as the 4th ranked number one seed as that would pretty well guarantee us headed to NE

If UConn heads to NE, and are unbeaten, it certainly won't be because they are the #4, number 1, it will be because the NCAA locations have boxed them in to avoiding UConn and LVille in the same region, and if LVille is indeed a 1 seed, where else but NE would UConn logically wind up.? It's pretty hard to see why UConn shouldn't wind up in NE. It's also the region where they get the #8 team as a 2 seed, which is the way it should be. If LVille falls to a 2 seed because they've lost 3 times to us, and we have to play them a 4th time on their court, that is also screwing us, at least on paper.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If UConn heads to NE, and are unbeaten, it certainly won't be because they are the #4, number 1, it will be because the NCAA locations have boxed them in to avoiding UConn and LVille in the same region, and if LVille is indeed a 1 seed, where else but NE would UConn logically wind up.? It's pretty hard to see why UConn shouldn't wind up in NE. It's also the region where they get the #8 team as a 2 seed, which is the way it should be. If LVille falls to a 2 seed because they've lost 3 times to us, and we have to play them a 4th time on their court, that is also screwing us, at least on paper.

When was the last time it actually ended up that way.... I know for sure it didnt happen in 2011 and 2013.... cant recall the other years if it did or didnt happen.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
When was the last time it actually ended up that way.... I know for sure it didnt happen in 2011 and 2013.... cant recall the other years if it did or didnt happen.
Very true. Last year Duke was the top 2-seed and Notre Dame (the 2nd ranked 1-seed behind Baylor) was sent to Norfolk, Virginia to play Duke. Stanford has often been the 4th 1-seed but because of the G-curve, they usually have the easiest 2-seed. Wasn't it Tennessee last year?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
maybe it's Muffet's vote????
I'm not sure if you are joking or not, but it cannot be Muffet, as she doesn't have a vote. The ACC is represented by the Virginia coach.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Looking at it that way, I suppose it has merit, but I still am not please that after beating #3 so convincingly, that the dang poll is anonymous.
The coaches' vote is only temporarily anonymous. All the votes are released at the conclusion of the season, so you can later figure out who voted ND #1.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Very true. Last year Duke was the top 2-seed and Notre Dame (the 2nd ranked 1-seed behind Baylor) was sent to Norfolk, Virginia to play Duke. Stanford has often been the 4th 1-seed but because of the G-curve, they usually have the easiest 2-seed. Wasn't it Tennessee last year?

Last year... Stanford had Cal as its #2. The year that still burns me is 2011. Duke being the #2 seed in UCONN's region. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Judging by the numbers Duke should have either been a #1 seed.. or the #2 seed in either's TN or Stanford's region. I think the #2 seed in Stanford's region that year was a UCLA squad with 6 or 7 losses

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Last year... Stanford had Cal as its #2. The year that still burns me is 2011. Duke being the #2 seed in UCONN's region. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Judging by the numbers Duke should have either been a #1 seed.. or the #2 seed in either's TN or Stanford's region. I think the #2 seed in Stanford's region that year was a UCLA squad with 6 or 7 losses
Thanks for the correction.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Actually the #2 was an Xavier squad that like #3 seed UCLA and #4 seed KY went out in the second round, so Stanford had the #5, #7 and #11 seeds with them in the regional semis. The west regional often does have some strength issues, and it's certainly a place that the UConn men's team has loved going to. And hey, WCBB teams from the west regional did win back to back in 2005 and 2006.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Actually the #2 was an Xavier squad that like #3 seed UCLA and #4 seed KY went out in the second round, so Stanford had the #5, #7 and #11 seeds with them in the regional semis. The west regional often does have some strength issues, and it's certainly a place that the UConn men's team has loved going to. And hey, WCBB teams from the west regional did win back to back in 2005 and 2006.

Yep.... i knew Xavier was out there.... wasnt sure if they got the #2 or #3. That was the crazy year that Louisville beat Xavier, Zaga beat UCLA.. and the tarheels knocked of UKY. Kentucky should have lost that first round game vs Hampton.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Didn't say that an unbeaten UConn would definitely get the 8th team in, but meant that in Nebraska there's a decent chance at it. More to the point, was going to NE would more likely mean they are the overall #1 if only because of how the regional sites have been set and also an attempt to have the overall #1 have to play LVille at the Ville should the Cards be two seed. Frankly, while anything is possible, ultimately I think UConn makes the FF out of any region, including Louisville, especially since they won't be in NDs region.

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme has said almost all season that UCONN won't go to Nebraska because of regional/closer site rules! But it doesn't make any sense for them to go anywhere but Nebr. The NCAA screwed everything up by going to school regional sites for 1 year I can't see them screwing it up again by putting 2 potential #1 seeds in L'ville! But then again it is the NCAA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom