New Coach, New QB, New Assistants, New Food Options, New England Opponent (Mike Anthony) | The Boneyard

New Coach, New QB, New Assistants, New Food Options, New England Opponent (Mike Anthony)

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
New Coach, New QB, New Assistants, New Food Options, New England Opponent

"It's not going to be any different because it's not about me," Edsall said of walking out of the tunnel as UConn coach again. "It really isn't. It's about those kids. Granted, there are going to be a lot of people in the stands who were here to support us when we were here before, and I appreciate that very, very much. But for me, it's just going out and making sure I do the best job I can do to help these kids win and achieve their goals. I haven't even given any thought to it, and I won't give any thought to it, because all that's going to do is take away my focus and concentration from what my job is."

Edsall, entering his 18th year as a head coach, spent last season as a special assistant for the NFL's Detroit Lions. He has called that a valuable experience, and describes himself as a coach with the same basic principles with tweaks to his football philosophies in order to keep up the ever-changing style of play in college football.

"You're always learning," Edsall said. "I still don't know everything and I won't know everything and I'm always looking to be better. … If there are things I wouldn't have taken from that [Detroit] experience, I would have just been cheating myself and I shouldn't even be coaching. That experience was wonderful and you don't [often] get that experience, where you take a sabbatical and take a step back. I was grateful for that."

Reaction Score
"You're always learning," Edsall said. "I still don't know everything and I won't know everything and I'm always looking to be better. …."

Ah come on Randy, Diaco was a know it all in his 40's.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy
Top Bottom