New Big East headquarters | The Boneyard

New Big East headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Legitimate question: Once the Catholic's leave can we please move Big East HQ to NYC where it belongs? Or...what would be a suitable place? Hartford? Halfway between Storrs & Houston?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have been puzzled by the obsession with the headquarters. It's 2013. They could outsource the headquarters to Mumbai. Somehow Walmart has survived in Arkansas and Buffett suffers through Omaha.

Reaction Score
Didn't know there was an obsession. Just seems that once Providence is no longer part of the same league UConn is in it would only be prudent to relocate the headquarters to a more strategic location.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, where the conference gets its mail is about the least of its problems. I say we put it in Cincinnati to attach the stank of the conference to the Bearcats.

Or, if Mike Aresco has a spare bedroom in his house, that's good enough. We just need a file cabinet, maybe a fax machine and a GMail address.

(NNNNNBE@GMail.com)

Reaction Score
Honestly, where the conference gets its mail is about the least of its problems.

If Mike Aresco has a spare bedroom in his house, that's good enough. We just need a file cabinet, maybe a fax machine and a GMail address.

(NNNNNBE@GMail.com)

I think we should get some sort of efax with an 877 number. That would really say "big time".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have been puzzled by the obsession with the headquarters. It's 2013. They could outsource the headquarters to Mumbai. Somehow Walmart has survived in Arkansas and Buffett suffers through Omaha.
Symbolism. Move it to NYC.

Reaction Score
Well you knew the cynics would come crawling out of the woodwork. No constructive replies, just more of that good ole fashion CT cynicism. If the sky is blue it ain't blue enough.

Reaction Score
Legitimate question: Once the Catholic's leave can we please move Big East HQ to NYC where it belongs? Or...what would be a suitable place? Hartford? Halfway between Storrs & Houston?

First thing you have said lately that I agree with. Long overdue in my book.

Reaction Score
We don't need a HQs really. They could just meet on Skype with whoever happens to bein the conference on that given day.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well you knew the cynics would come crawling out of the woodwork. No constructive replies, just more of that good ole fashion CT cynicism. If the sky is blue it ain't blue enough.

It's not cynical. In 2013 it does not much matter where you set up your office. Move it to NYC - ok - what happens then that doesn't happen now?

Seriously what do you think the outcome is? If your reas

The ACC is in Greensboro. Do they get an extra 2 million per team per year if they move it to Atlanta? Does Duke play 98% of all games on national TV instead of 95%? Does Florida State stop choking away football games?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Symbolism. Move it to NYC.

With what little money the new TV contract will bring, I'm afraid the conference won't be able to afford rent in NYC.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I was a huge proponent of moving BE HQ to NYC a few years ago. I believed that the BE never got credit for having a footprint in the most populous part of the country. I thought that if TV contracts are decided by the # of tv sets, then it was important that the BE was synonymous with NYC...not Providence.

But...now that UConn is the only school in the BE with any NY presence (no St. Johns/RU/Cuse)..it just doesn't make sense anymore. The BE is no longer a Northeast-centric conference. It's too late to claim NYC.

To me...it's yet another failure and missed opportunity by the previous leaders of the conference that has resulted in UConn and the conference being in this rancid situation.

Reaction Score
In a van down by the river.

Reaction Score
Didn't know there was an obsession. Just seems that once Providence is no longer part of the same league UConn is in it would only be prudent to relocate the headquarters to a more strategic location.
Just a few and not being cynical but who in NY is part of it? Just too many questions at this point.
I am sure there will be more meetings in court rooms than the office in the next few years. What kind of lease are they bound to in Providence?
Will the ACC be getting MSG for their BB tourney? This over the new Little East.
Will a new TV contract with what we have cover the cost of NY? I doubt it.
How about Hartford where half the offices are empty and they could broker a deal, that and possibly get a ten year tax abatement.
Again not being negative just real, our cash cows have all left the barn. Until we and the marketers find out what we can do on the field and the court etc, where the office is located is of little significance.
I do agree though that when the dust clears and contracts are done or bought out a office move would be appropriate. For now it is the least of the worries...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We've obtained such a random collection of schools that no city anywhere on earth actually makes sense for a headquarters.

I say we embrace the randomness and stay light on our feet. Where is our headquarters? It is wherever we want it to be whenever we want it to be there. Want to meet with our commissioner? Get a map. Want to know where we are so that you can fax a letter telling us that you're leaving the conference? Gotta find us first, bitch.

Tell Aresco that his compensation package now includes an EZ Pass, a prepaid cellphone plan and Travel Centers of America debit card.

WB2.jpg

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
We've obtained such a random collection of schools that no city anywhere on earth actually makes sense for a headquarters.

I say we embrace the randomness and stay light on our feet. Where is our headquarters? It is wherever we want it to be whenever we want it to be there. Want to meet with our commissioner? Get a map. Want to know where we are so that you can fax a letter telling us that you're leaving the conference? Gotta find us first, bitch.

Tell Aresco that his compensation package now includes an EZ Pass, a prepaid cellphone plan and Travel Centers of America debit card.

WB2.jpg
Don't forget AAA for Conference Breakdowns ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom