New AP poll is out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New AP poll is out

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How South Florida is ranked is beyond me. They lost by 80 to UCONN... and lost to Long Beach State. Their best non-conference win of the season is arguably UNC... UNC !!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Was he the big dude decked out in the sloppy sweats at the UConn game?

Yes. He's that big dude whose daughter is the star. He has solid coaching credentials based on success in Ohio hsbb. But the arrangement clearly does not seem to be working.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
To recap, previously-vanquished UConn opponents, with South Carolina coming up as well:

#2 Baylor
#3 Maryland
#6 Notre Dame
#7 Florida State
#12 Texas
#16 Ohio State
#19 DePaul
#22 Kansas State
#23 USF

I love our schedule this season; it's unassailable, conference strength notwithstanding.

Just think how much higher some of these teams would be ranked if UCONN would stop beating them all. Then your SOS would be even more impressive. You are your own worst enemy.

Reaction Score
I think FSU and ND are better than Miss State and South Carolina.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I get a great kick out of the title on the articles: UConn still number 1 .... like it's a shock!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

I sure hope you're right because that South Carolina game is going to be a telative doozy. The Transitive Property of Sports is never perfect, but if two teams we've beaten on the road are better than this South Carolina team we play at home, I like our chances as much as @Kibitzer.

Reaction Score
Rankings are based on opinions. Once published the rankings become verifiable fact. But I see why you would want it to be one way,but it ain't.

Publishing does not make an opinion a fact. It only makes it a published opinion. It may be a fact that Mauvunga was the #23 ranked player in her class by HoopGurlz, but it doesn't mean that she was in fact really the 23rd best player in the class. It was just the opinion of Dan Olson (and whoever is in his group).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Publishing does not make an opinion a fact. It only makes it a published opinion. It may be a fact that Mauvunga was the #23 ranked player in her class by HoopGurlz, but it doesn't mean that she was in fact really the 23rd best player in the class. It was just the opinion of Dan Olson (and whoever is in his group).
It is fact that Mauvunga was the #23 ranked player in her class by HoopGurlz.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Think again ND just lost to Tenn, while I think FSU is better then MSU they have nothing for SC especially in the post.

Reaction Score
It is fact that Mauvunga was the #23 ranked player in her class by HoopGurlz.

Once again, it was a fact that that is where someone ranked her, but it does mean in fact she was. It is an opinion that she was the 23rd best player. Why don't you understand this simple distinction?

It's the same as it is the consensus opinion that Megan Walker is the #1 player in the 2017 class. It is a fact that the rankings were published and factually represented someone's opinion. It doesn't mean that she is the #1 player in the class. That will never be a fact because there is no way to make it any more than an opinion. Hopefully she will demonstrate during her freshman year that it was the correct call and therefore an actual fact.

Opinions are never facts. There is nothing else to understand.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Once again, it was a fact that that is where someone ranked her, but it does mean in fact she was. It is an opinion that she was the 23rd best player. Why don't you understand this simple distinction?

It's the same as it is the consensus opinion that Megan Walker is the #1 player in the 2017 class. It is a fact that the rankings were published and factually represented someone's opinion. It doesn't mean that she is the #1 player in the class. That will never be a fact because there is no way to make it any more than an opinion. Hopefully she will demonstrate during her freshman year that it was the correct call and therefore an actual fact.

The hole is dug. Quit digging. Please.:)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Once again, it was a fact that that is where someone ranked her, but it does mean in fact she was. It is an opinion that she was the 23rd best player. Why don't you understand this simple distinction? It's the same as it is the consensus opinion that Megan Walker is the #1 player in the 2017 class. It is a fact that the rankings were published and factually represented someone's opinion. It doesn't mean that she is the #1 player in the class. That will never be a fact because there is no way to make it any more than an opinion. Hopefully she will demonstrate during her freshman year that it was the correct call and therefore an actual fact.

Head bang
Reading is fundamental, or nah. At no time did I very state that Muvunga was the 23rd best player in the class. I stated where she was ranked 23rd.
It is fact that Harper was the #5 ranked player in her class by HoopGurlz.
It is fact that Mavunga was the #23 ranked player in her class by HoopGurlz.
It is fact that Calhoun was the #16 ranked player in her class by HoopGurlz.
It is fact that McCoy was the #10 ranked player in her class by HoopGurl.
It is fact that Caretti was the #31 ranked player in her class by HoopGurlz.
It is fact that Lewis was the #24 ranked player in her class by HoopGurlz.
Since facts are verifiable would you like me to provide the links because....

things-i-don-t-have-time-for_design.png
:D

Reaction Score

Not being argumentative, but just wanted to point out that rankings are also relative. If an entire class stinks, SOMEONE is going to be the #1 stinker in the group, even though they may end up with splinters in their backside for the next four years. Conversely, a player outside of the top 50 in a great class could be a Star at the next level.

It's an inexact science.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom