New 2015 Commit ~ (SS/WR) Hergy Mayala - NY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New 2015 Commit ~ (SS/WR) Hergy Mayala - NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hergy did not make it down for the Rutgers - Michigan game.

I miss our GF from Rutgirls. Such long schlong. Like no kid would ever choose UConn if he could play for Kyle Flood & live in New Brunswick for 5.

And Canadians ?? I've beaten the drum for years. After we dropped the BYU age argument, it struck me that our Canucks are always older. And we stil get 4/5 years. Both Ontario & QC have the extra year before college. Plus Prep - Rutherford & now HM.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Great to see so much enthusiasm and involvement by Tyler Davis - he's all over the recruiting scene!

Yeah, if he doesn't make it as QB, he has a sure job as recruiting coordinator.

Reaction Score
I miss our GF from Rutgirls. Such long schlong. Like no kid would ever choose UConn if he could play for Kyle Flood & live in New Brunswick for 5.

And Canadians ?? I've beaten the drum for years. After we dropped the BYU age argument, it struck me that our Canucks are always older. And we stil get 4/5 years. Both Ontario & QC have the extra year before college. Plus Prep - Rutherford & now HM.

Meant no disrespect to Hergy, and wasn't arguing that he was recruited by Rutgers, just pointing out that he wasn't able to make the trip down - it happens. Just came by to gauge fan reaction as some people are pretty on him. Not sure what my 'long schlong' has to do with it (although the Freddie Simmons commit on the same day might have). Best of luck to Mayala.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller10:27am via TweetDeck
#UConn commit Hergy Mayala coming to game day after catching 5 passes for 141 yards in game at Salisbury
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/11/mayala-eager-to-get-to-uconn.html

>>Mayala, playing in Connecticut for the last time before heading to UConn, had five catches for 141 yards including a 71-yard touchdown pass. He added two tackles, had two pass breakups on consecutive plays and averaged nearly 40 yards on three punts as Trinity-Pawling won 23-14 at Salisbury.<<

>>"They definitely want me to be a big part of the offense, come in and contribute right away," Mayala said. As for the class he will be coming in with, Mayala said "I talk to them every day. We have a group and every day we talk to each other, let each other know how things are going. "We will change the program."<<

Reaction Score
Love that last sentence!

And I think we owe a tip of the the hat to Trinity-Pawling for positively influencing Hergy's older friend who had good things to say about the New York state prep school.

Good deal all around!

Reaction Score
Good size to him. Photos on the staff to find a guy in one of the private schools. As far Tyler Phommachanh goes, they are on par with Avon Old Farms, Salisbury etc.

Reaction Score
Nice! With the dearth of talent on the current roster (particularly at skill positions), I have to believe that a lot of these players can compete for immediate playing time. This is likely one of the staff's key selling points for some of these recruits.

Stop hat, there are ay talented players on this squad.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller10:27am via TweetDeck
#UConn commit Hergy Mayala coming to game day after catching 5 passes for 141 yards in game at Salisbury
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/11/mayala-eager-to-get-to-uconn.html

>>Mayala, playing in Connecticut for the last time before heading to UConn, had five catches for 141 yards including a 71-yard touchdown pass. He added two tackles, had two pass breakups on consecutive plays and averaged nearly 40 yards on three punts as Trinity-Pawling won 23-14 at Salisbury.<<

>>"They definitely want me to be a big part of the offense, come in and contribute right away," Mayala said. As for the class he will be coming in with, Mayala said "I talk to them every day. We have a group and every day we talk to each other, let each other know how things are going. "We will change the program."<<

BigPlayHm 6:59pm via Twitter for iPhone
Big Win Today #huskynation

Reaction Score
Hergy Mayala ‏@BigPlayHm 4m4 minutes ago
Feeling bless to be a Husky
1f43e.png
1f43e.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online