?New 2014 Commit - Steve Hashemi (6-6 265lb OT) | The Boneyard

?New 2014 Commit - Steve Hashemi (6-6 265lb OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fordham flip

Thebigshembino7:51pm via Twitter for iPhone
@SPBowley @Quick60 T Steven Hashemi from SJ committed to UCONN football team tonight.

NHRJimFuller8:20pm via TweetDeck
St. Joseph coach Joe Dellavecchia confirms that OT Steve Hashemi has committed to #UConn and OG Pete Mestre headed to Bryant

St. Joseph Trumbull CT

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1744467

2013 Walter Camp First Team. http://www.gametimect.com/2013-walter-camp-connecticut-state-team/
2013 MSG All Metro Second Team. http://www.msgvarsity.com/2013-all-metro-football-second-team-1.1550341
2013 Hartford Courant All State Team: http://articles.courant.com/2013-12-30/sports/hc-football-coaches-allstate-teams-20131230_1_football
2013 Hearst Super 33 All Star Team: http://www.ctpost.com/highschool/article/Hearst-Super-33-All-Star-Football-Team-5114255.php

Last edited:
Reaction Score
St. Joes was an offensive juggernaut!
He's got 18 months to put on about 30 lbs.

Reaction Score
Excited to have Steve on board. Saw him play and he looks like he has a great upside with all the physical attributes.

Yeah!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
St. Joes was an offensive juggernaut!
He's got 18 months to put on about 30 lbs.
He's gained 25 since the OP (see ramblings blog)

Reaction Score
He's gained 25 since the OP (see ramblings blog)

Ha - saw that. I plucked weight off Hudl video and MaxPrep site and can't edit header. Coach is probably closer!!! Hell, his basketball profile had him @ 240!

Reaction Score
You see Fordham flip and think WTF? Then you watch the highlight and see a big kid that can move. If you subscribe to the theory that CT is somewhat under recruited, and I do, I think this kid will be a contributor down the line. Nice pick up.

Also, If i'm not mistaken, wasn't he going head to head against Zach Allen? If he was I think he more than held his own. If he is indeed 290lbs, he carries it very well.

Reaction Score
Get him in here...redshirt him..put some weight on him and let's see what happens. Tells me that both Fo,ey and Cummins both looked at him and think he can play...both guys who have a history of developing OL. I remember a kid from Waterford CT who worked out pretty well.

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Plays basketball? Maybe KO can borrow him for a wide body in the middle.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/spo...-off-St-Joseph-in-boys-basketball-5122663.php

"Steve brings a lot of energy," St. Joseph head coach Chris Watts said. "From the locker room, to the bench and on the floor, he brings energy like no one else on the team. If you could put his energy in five guys, I don't think we would lose a game this year. So that was huge not having him."

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
DID SOMEONE SAY ENERGY BUCKET?!?!

Well no not in that quote but I like hearing about his energy.

Reaction Score
Welcome aboard!!! New staff moved on him pretty quickly so they must have liked what they saw.

I dont get too hung up on reported weights. It is too easy to over/under report, differences between in/off season, and is it fat or muscle?

Reaction Score
UCconn had a ton of early success with Ct born and bred offensive linemen. Edsall would bring them in and develop them for 2 or 3 years and they would become major contributors. I don't know what happened to the Ct OL pipeline, but after Kuraczea from Ansonia it dried up. Maybe with GDL and P they just didn't fit the prototype.

Good pickup even from a symbolic standpoint.....an in-state, Fairfield County kid.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Steve!!!

Reaction Score
Of all the positions linemen probably the hardest to predict in high school. Donald Thomas and Will Beatty playing on Sundays. Zach Hurd just missed.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I am hopeful we just found Zach Hurd part II. The frame is there and you have to love that his coach says he is a high energy guy.

Now lets scoop up a Center or DT next for the trenches. A JC transfer for any spot on the O-line would be good too....and perhaps imperative.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There was a kid with the recruits and coaches last night (I would say sitting but he sat for all of about 45 seconds) who was huge. I said to my son "he has to be 6'4" or 6'5" and a good 285-290" (I am not exaggerating) with a sports (we used to call them vaarsity) jacket with an SJ on it. I'm guessing that this is that kid. He was next to coach Jones most of the night, spoke with Foley a few times and spent most of the game standing in the last row (my guess not to block anyone's view).

The kid looked like he could (as a lineman) add another 30 lbs to his frame. I like this as a start.

Reaction Score
I saw this kid play vs New Cannaan in Fciac championship. St.Joes definitely had a big o-line, at least we know he can pass protect with that O. Congrats and welcome to Uconn! Good to get Fairfield County kids and from my hometown to boot.

Reaction Score
Shelton's Hashemi discusses his commitment to UConn
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/sheltons-hashemi-discusses-his.html

"We went up the first night and it was absolutely fantastic. Saturday there was a tour of the entire campus and all the football facilities. On Saturday night we were eating in the alumni center before the UConn/Louisville (men’s basketball) game and one of the coaches tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to go to one of the offices. I was with my mother and my father and I was sitting down and Coach Diaco walked in, he shook my hand, shook my mother’s and father’s hand and we started talking about some dumb thing and finally he said ‘Steve, what would you think about coming to UConn?’ I said ‘Coach, there would be no other place I would rather go, anybody who plays football in Connecticut dreams that they would love to play football at UConn and represent the state.' He said what are your options and I said I did have a few other I-AA scholarships and they are all full (scholarships) and that was when he said ‘Steve, we would like to offer you a full scholarship.’ I said,‘Coach, I’d like to take it.’ He said ‘are you committing?’ I said ‘yes sir.’"

Reaction Score
It was a good write up , but there were grammar mistakes and missed words everywhere. Makes me wonder if he didn't proof read it.

Reaction Score
It was a good write up , but there were grammar mistakes and missed words everywhere. Makes me wonder if he didn't proof read it.
That was as bad as some of my posts on the boneyard. I can't believe how bad some of the stuff is! I blame smart phones.

Reaction Score
That was as bad as some of my posts on the boneyard. I can't believe how bad some of the stuff is! I blame smart phones.

if its your profession and you're blogging on a smart phone shame on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom