Never too early to ask about our Baylor trip to your place Nov. 17 | The Boneyard

Never too early to ask about our Baylor trip to your place Nov. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Six years ago our game was in Hartford. I thoroughly enjoyed it (although my teaching schedule did not allow for anything other than quick trip in/the game/out the next am.) It was moonless dark outside when we got there and still dark the next am going to the airport so I saw nothing of your homeland. This year I'll hope for a better itinerary.

Preseason schedule says game site Nov. 17 to be Storrs/Hartford. At what point is the decision made to play which court? Marketing ticket sales? Geno's random choice? Is it already made and the schedule just doesn't show it?

And then here's the BIG question. IF in Storrs, which of you Boneyarders are going to broker this friendly rival fan one or two ducats (any seat, any where, just to be in the arena at Storrs). I'm assuming that will be a tough ticket to get except for StubHub highball offers.

But never too early to ask as I work on my Fall teaching schedule.

I'll probably make the trip even if it's played at Hartford Center and I'm assuming tickets will be available there in our allotted BU block. But my bball soul has a deep NEED to add a game AT STORRS to my fan resume.

Hope your guys all stay healthy during Fall workouts.

And while I'm at it and maybe TMI-----Whatever you're reading about Baylor in the media about sexual violence on our campus, and much of it is true, it seems contained to within the football culture. Our now departed head coach was a gunslinger coach who cared for nothing but football and turned his head when any sign of problems began surfacing. The real problems were the President and AD who NEVER created a Title IX comprehensive program on campus for reporting, so to a slight degree, the football head coach was hung out to dry listening to he said/she said whenever a victim would report to him about one of his players.
But at the end of the day, the fired coach could have avoided SOME of the tragedies of damaged lives. He was just to fixated on continuing the rebuilding of BU football.

Just wanted you to hear it from a baylor guy that the sordid football stuff may not be over for a long time until an entire culture of recruits graduate. But our athletic program is not runamuck with criminals.

Back to tickets. One or two--price negotiable I assume.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
@baylorprof. Wonderful post in all regards.

Be advised that here on the Boneyard our fixation is more on Coach Mulkey's sartorial splendors than the distasteful incidents of the past. We have turned the page on everything Baylor except women's basketball.

As for your tickets, you should be able to purchase them online directly from UConn. I don't believe single game tix have been made available yet. Good luck with that.

Be assured you will receive a warm welcome at Gampel or the XL Center in November.:)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Thank goodness your WNBA team graduated a few player so that we don't have to put our girls out on the court against a bunch of professionals.

I am looking forward to the game and I can't believe that the season is getting close.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Thank goodness your WNBA team graduated a few player so that we don't have to put our girls out on the court against a bunch of professionals.

I am looking forward to the game and I can't believe that the season is getting close.
You guys have a couple of pro's on your team this year plus one future pro. It'll be a tough haul for The UConn even at home against your ladies.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we still don't know the location yet as well. I think they wait until after the season ticket sales are over so people won't cherry pick the location (2 different ticket packages) where they buy their tickets.

Reaction Score
Six years ago our game was in Hartford. I thoroughly enjoyed it (although my teaching schedule did not allow for anything other than quick trip in/the game/out the next am.) It was moonless dark outside when we got there and still dark the next am going to the airport so I saw nothing of your homeland. This year I'll hope for a better itinerary.

Preseason schedule says game site Nov. 17 to be Storrs/Hartford. At what point is the decision made to play which court? Marketing ticket sales? Geno's random choice? Is it already made and the schedule just doesn't show it?

And then here's the BIG question. IF in Storrs, which of you Boneyarders are going to broker this friendly rival fan one or two ducats (any seat, any where, just to be in the arena at Storrs). I'm assuming that will be a tough ticket to get except for StubHub highball offers.

But never too early to ask as I work on my Fall teaching schedule.

I'll probably make the trip even if it's played at Hartford Center and I'm assuming tickets will be available there in our allotted BU block. But my bball soul has a deep NEED to add a game AT STORRS to my fan resume.

Hope your guys all stay healthy during Fall workouts.

And while I'm at it and maybe TMI-----Whatever you're reading about Baylor in the media about sexual violence on our campus, and much of it is true, it seems contained to within the football culture. Our now departed head coach was a gunslinger coach who cared for nothing but football and turned his head when any sign of problems began surfacing. The real problems were the President and AD who NEVER created a Title IX comprehensive program on campus for reporting, so to a slight degree, the football head coach was hung out to dry listening to he said/she said whenever a victim would report to him about one of his players.
But at the end of the day, the fired coach could have avoided SOME of the tragedies of damaged lives. He was just to fixated on continuing the rebuilding of BU football.

Just wanted you to hear it from a baylor guy that the sordid football stuff may not be over for a long time until an entire culture of recruits graduate. But our athletic program is not runamuck with criminals.

Back to tickets. One or two--price negotiable I assume.
Don't feel bad---I had the same experience when I worked in South Windsor for 10 years. Only saw the sun on the weekends. Hardly every in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom