Need a New coach but.... | The Boneyard

Need a New coach but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OUR team had ZERO heart today. They didn't play to even try to win. There was numerous plays where the Oliver was still moving his legs and 3-5 of our d were standing yards away WATCHING. That's piss poor effort on there part. And I noticed this way before the game was even close to out of hand. Also how bout the O-line getting bull rushed at will. P needs to go but the whole team needs to look in the mirror.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It must get pretty tiring getting throw under the bus by a zombie every week.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
OUR team had ZERO heart today. They didn't play to even try to win. There was numerous plays where the Oliver was still moving his legs and 3-5 of our d were standing yards away WATCHING. That's piss poor effort on there part. And I noticed this way before the game was even close to out of hand. Also how bout the O-line getting bull rushed at will. P needs to go but the whole team needs to look in the mirror.

Once a team quits on a coach it's time to get a new coach.

Reaction Score
If college kids quit on a coach that's pathetic. You play for your "brothers" you don't play for an old .. You bleed for the person next to you. Come on now.

Reaction Score
If college kids quit on a coach that's pathetic. You play for your "brothers" you don't play for an old .. You bleed for the person next to you. Come on now.

This is exactly what the players did against Michigan. Very tough to carry that over to a road game in the college equivalent of the Oakland stadium (when the A's play there, not Sio Moore's Raiders).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is exactly what the players did against Michigan. Very tough to carry that over to a road game in the college equivalent of the Oakland stadium (when the A's play there, not Sio Moore's Raiders).

Guy they lost by 30.

Reaction Score
Guy they lost by 30.

Understood. Watched all 60 minutes. Not saying their wasn't half-hearted effort out there. But the absence and failure of leadership is a much worse problem. The next coach can weed out the quitters, not this guy

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I was going to start a thread about this but this one works too. I know that these coaches are bad and need to be replaced and their schemes don't work etc. But how long are we going to ignore a bigger issue on this team. There is NO LEADERSHIP from the players. I only was able to listen to the game on the radio but I can't even count the number of times Kevin Nathan said the demeanor on the sideline was awful. WHere are the players who should be getting in the faces of others? Bad coaches or not you are getting blown out by BUFFALO!!!!! Who got in the locker room and got pissed at players? I read on twitter Taylor Mack say something about not pointing fingers. Well guess what? It's time someone on this team does just that. If I'm Chandler Whitmer I'm all over my O-Line. If I'm a defensive player I'm all over my teammates to get them to wake up.

This team lacks any type of player leadership and while a majority is the coaches fault, I'm putting this loss on the players as well. They are more talented than Buffalo and played like they were still a FCS school. Who on that team was getting others to rally with them? The answer was no one. Maybe this program needs to not only reassess its coaching situation but it's leadership problems on the team as well. I can't recall the last time I have seen a UConn team that just rolls over and quits on their coach or team.

Screw the coach, play for some pride. No one on this team has shown me they wanna do that....

Reaction Score
dude we got our ASSES handed to us.. There is ZERO heart in this team... ZERO. We got blown off the line by FCS level Towson. If you have heart you can get a sack one in a great freaking while. How many did we have today? ZERO. How about Buffalo? that's right they had 5. Oh yeah they have worse "recruits" but somehow they can get 5 sacks? Dude its not all on the coaching. The players are piss poor with there heart they could care less. Yes the Michigan loss might have hurt some spirits but it should have fired up the whole locker room and motivated them to go on and win the remaining games. Because that game showed they can play with and pretty much beat 95% of the teams out there if they play inspired ball. But they cant even play with heart or emotion.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
dude we got our ASSES handed to us.. There is ZERO heart in this team... ZERO. We got blown off the line by FCS level Towson. If you have heart you can get a sack one in a great freaking while. How many did we have today? ZERO. How about Buffalo? that's right they had 5. Oh yeah they have worse "recruits" but somehow they can get 5 sacks? Dude its not all on the coaching. The players are piss poor with there heart they could care less. Yes the Michigan loss might have hurt some spirits but it should have fired up the whole locker room and motivated them to go on and win the remaining games. Because that game showed they can play with and pretty much beat 95% of the teams out there if they play inspired ball. But they cant even play with heart or emotion.

So no blame for the coaching staff, just the players...It starts at the top on down. The captain has to take blame and HCPP is the captain and GDL is his first mate.

You can't fire a team, but you can fire a coach

Reaction Score
I was never in the military but I'm guessing if PP was leading a platoon, there would be a friendly fire investigation.

It's hard to fight and bleed for your brother when your captain keeps giving you guns with blanks in them.

If teams only needed to fight for each other there would be no need for a head coach. I'll say it again....until you've walked in their shoes.....

Reaction Score
Every time P complains about the cupboard being bare he is throwing every starter on the team under the bus, today it appears the players gave P their rebuttal....they aren't playing for him anymore.

Warde needs to make a change tomorrow or we are going 0 -12.

Reaction Score
Dude have you ever played ANY sports? even as a tot? Come on the coaches can only do so freaking much. Its up to the players to have heart and actually make a play once in a while. The coach cant go out there and sack the quarterback for ya, or open a whole for the backs. Or complete a couple passes without turnovers. Stop the crap with the coaches. Yes they deserve blame but that's old. The team needs to show heart. Look how many coaches are good at one school go to another and flame out. Coaches can only do so much. You wont win games with lackluster no heart talent.

Reaction Score

Agreed. I was disappointed in the effort by some of the players today. I saw our backs get drilled and not one offensive lineman run over to pick them up.

Reaction Score
Coaches suck and must be replaced but I hate repeating this, the effort sucked. Foxx got knocked into holy heaven because he is jogging, and i mean jogging on one of Whitmer's interceptions. In addition to the scoreboard, when your're dogging it, and the other team is going full speed you run the risk of getting seriously hurt out there. I"m not going to single him out again but one player in particular drew my ire by what I saw from him in terms of effort. If he starts again, that is all I need to know about how these guys break down film.

Reaction Score
So no blame for the coaching staff, just the players...It starts at the top on down. The captain has to take blame and HCPP is the captain and GDL is his first mate.

You can't fire a team, but you can fire a coach

That is not what the OP said (players are ONLY to blame). The loss margin should tell you something. It was a close loss to Michigan despite the poor coach and thanks to the players. Likewise today, we have poor coaching and a worse opponent, yet, the loss margin is larger. Ok, so the players have given up on the coach? Shame, if the players effort is predicated on the coach and their dislike of him trumps their desire to win for the school, teammates, fans and themselves..

Reaction Score
Effort and attitude are a reflection of coaching. Players can't step up if this is not the expectation of coaches.

PP was a good college coach at one time in his life, but the college game has passed him by. He clearly is not motivating the players and it is time for him to go.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Dude have you ever played ANY sports? even as a tot? Come on the coaches can only do so freaking much. Its up to the players to have heart and actually make a play once in a while. The coach cant go out there and sack the quarterback for ya, or open a whole for the backs. Or complete a couple passes without turnovers. Stop the crap with the coaches. Yes they deserve blame but that's old. The team needs to show heart. Look how many coaches are good at one school go to another and flame out. Coaches can only do so much. You wont win games with lackluster no heart talent.

Yep I played sports and agree about the effort, but did you every think they quit on him because he had already packed it in? There was no excuse for the coaching staff or players today. It was just horrendous from start to finish

Reaction Score
Effort and attitude are a reflection of coaching. Players can't step up if this is not the expectation of coaches.

PP was a good college coach at one time in his life, but the college game has passed him by. He clearly is not motivating the players and it is time for him to go.

We all agree, the coach stinks and he is a poor motivator etc. But... you are down 3 touchdowns to Buffalo in the first half, do you really, really need motivation at that point? We get it, coach PP is a negative, but is that all there is for these players?

Reaction Score
Ok, so the players have given up on the coach?

It's not coach, it's coaches. There were plenty of players that weren't big fans of RE but they respected him and after a couple years these same players would go through brick walls for him. They always had hope.

These players (most of the starters) were thrust into this coaching staff and when the head coach is clueless and the OL coach and former OC is a fricking tyrant, after a while you become defeated.

If anyone on here has played big boy football they will tell you it takes a team effort and if you don't believe in your coaches you will fail. This team gave it a serious effort for 2 plus years and today it finally fell apart.

That crap about playing for each other works for a game or 2 but after that you need a plan and a coach you can believe in.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Every time P complains about the cupboard being bare he is throwing every starter on the team under the bus, today it appears the players gave P their rebuttal....they aren't playing for him anymore.

Warde needs to make a change tomorrow or we are going 0 -12.

Exactly. And Picozzi giving P cover and apologizing for him. There is no way the local media spins this tomorrow other than Pasqualoni needs to be removed prior to USF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom