Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
comish couldn't get the votes. just on the ocho

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
andy katz*, why can't any1 edit a dam title these days?

this is horrible news. this brings things to a halt. tex/ok/b12 saga will go on for a while now. and without that sorting itself out, those school will make everyone else wait to do things. the only thin i see happenign now is maybe b10 wakes back up and does something to get to 14 so that they kind of force ND's hand a bit. pick between us and acc(which the b10 should feel confident about).

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I wonder what OU will do now if their demands aren't met?

There is now an eight member conference with two legitimate anchor schools (UT & OU) looking to expand. UL, Cinci and WVU have to be on their short list (along with BYU).

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Reaction Score
They needed 9 votes from the PAC-12. I guess they didn't get them. 3/4 yes/no ratio is hard to get.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I wonder what OU will do now if their demands aren't met?

There is now an eight member conference with two legitimate anchor schools (UT & OU) looking to expand. UL, Cinci and WVU have to be on their short list (along with BYU).

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope the just decide to stay at 8 or 9 schools and go back to a true round robin format. Otherwise, this could be horrible news for us!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
BYU is higher on the list than any Big East school.

I suspect that the Big 12 North would join the Big East if not for the punitive departure fees.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
They needed 9 votes from the PAC-12. I guess they didn't get them. 3/4 yes/no ratio is hard to get.
According to Schad (on ESPN) the four schools that will be in the pod aligned with the four B-12 members (AZ, ASU, Utah and Colorado) weren't happy with the idea of not being aligned at all with any true pacific coast schools and being stuck competing in football where they would be the bottom tier (to the four newcomers). Evidently in the proposed pod system, for football two pods would form one division.

There won't be a way to get everyone in the P-12 on the same page. The only way for that conference to expand to sixteen (shy of seeing it as a requirement if the other major conferences all end up there) would have been to have done it last year jumping from ten.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
BYU is higher on the list than any Big East school.

I suspect that the Big 12 North would join the Big East if not for the punitive departure fees.
My doomsday scenario has three BE schools (WVU, UL, Cincy) and BYU joining, returning that conference to twelve members.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That and the fact that the Colorado President was actively campaigning against adding Texas and Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Well lets see if this story has changed by this time tomorrow. This may just mean that Okie and Okie St and Mizzou go to the SEC bringing them to 16 (along with TAMU) and then we have our first 16 team super conference and things will go from there. Um well at least I hope.

Reaction Score
That and the fact that the Colorado President was actively campaigning against adding Texas and Oklahoma.

According to Schad (on ESPN) the four schools that will be in the pod aligned with the four B-12 members (AZ, ASU, Utah and Colorado) weren't happy with the idea of not being aligned at all with any true pacific coast schools and being stuck competing in football where they would be the bottom tier (to the four newcomers). Evidently in the proposed pod system, for football two pods would form one division.

There won't be a way to get everyone in the P-12 on the same page. The only way for that conference to expand to sixteen (shy of seeing it as a requirement if the other major conferences all end up there) would have been to have done it last year jumping from ten.

Makes sense that the Arizonas, CO and Utah would've been the NOs. I'm surprised the last two get votes before they even play in-conference.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
My doomsday scenario has three BE schools (WVU, UL, Cincy) and BYU joining, returning that conference to twelve members.

That is truly the one scenario where we are screwed.

That would leave the Big East with: UConn, Rutgers and USF. TCU most likely goes back to the Mtn West.

What would we do at that point?

Reaction Score
LOL, why did they ever add Colorado and Utah before Texas and Oklahoma? And those two schools have the gall to veto expansion? Hard to believe.

Reaction Score
That is truly the one scenario where we are screwed.

That would leave the Big East with: UConn, Rutgers and USF. TCU most likely goes back to the Mtn West.

What would we do at that point?

Pray that ESPN posts more Coach Pasqualoni and Coach Calhoun headlines. I honestly don't know. ESPN would hate to lose the spring product we offer and might find us a home. Otherwise, time to call Malloy and lobby for raised taxes in Bristol.

Reaction Score
LOL, why did they ever add Colorado and Utah before Texas and Oklahoma? And those two schools have the gall to veto expansion? Hard to believe.

I know it's amusing but Joe said 9 votes. Maybe it's 9 out of 10? At that point you might as well call it unanimous.

Reaction Score
@kbohls
Pac-12 commish Larry Scott could have gotten the votes, decided it wasn't worth the hassle on Texas and its network, pulled the plug.

Reporter from Austin for what its worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom