ND released statement on playing UCONN 2014-2015 | The Boneyard

ND released statement on playing UCONN 2014-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
STORRS, Conn. — University of Connecticut women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma said Wednesday he was pleased to hear Notre Dame’s claim it had an opening on its schedule for the 2014-15 season and that the Irish were interested in filling it with the Huskies.

Notre Dame released a statement earlier in the day disputing comments from UConn senior women’s administrator Deb Corum’s to SNYUConn.com that the Irish “were not interested in playing us in the near future.”

“I’m not in charge of scheduling,” Auriemma said after the Huskies’ workout at Gampel Pavilion in preparation for Thursday’s game against UC Davis at the XL Center (7 p.m., SNY). “I just go by what Deb and I discuss and the teams that we can get on our schedule we get them on our schedule. I’m happy to hear there’s a chance we’ll get Notre Dame on our schedule. That’s all I’m going to say.”

After playing 15 times in the previous four seasons, UConn and Notre Dame are not playing this regular season as the Huskies moved to the American Athletic Conference and the Irish to the Atlantic Coast Conference.

See Carl Adamec tweet

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Intriguing... Wonder if there was some misunderstanding on Deb's part, or if this was a "get them on the schedule" ploy....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Intriguing... Wonder if there was some misunderstanding on Deb's part, or if this was a "get them on the schedule" ploy....
There was no need for a ploy on ND's part - it always wanted to play UConn. I'm thinking miscommunication or misunderstanding.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There was no need for a ploy on ND's part - it always wanted to play UConn. I'm thinking miscommunication or misunderstanding.
And poorly played game of professional league phone tag.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm thinking some gamesmanship on both sides.

Remember after ND announced it was moving to the ACC one of the first things its WBB program said was it wanted to play UConn next year. UConn already had contracts in place for its OOC games and wasn't going to cancel one of those just to play ND.

Then, in May, Muffet says that she hasn't heard anything from UConn and closes with "we're waiting." UConn's Deb Corum says she'll reach out to ND in October to discuss scheduling, which presumably she did. With no or little response from ND, UConn decides to return the volley (from May) and says it's unfortunate that ND doesn't want to schedule UConn (Thanksgiving week voice mail message notwithstanding). ND responds by talking about the voice mail message left on November 25 saying hey, we're ready to talk about scheduling and reminds everyone (in case we've forgotten) that ND wanted to play UConn this year. Muffet was quoted in a SBT article today saying ND wants to play in December.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All this he said, she said, he didn't say, she didn't say. I hope I'm alive when all the robots and computers take over this world.:cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just bleepin' childish. It might as well be Reed and Boehner. For the good of the game these two programs should hang out and pummel each other. Get it done children!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Whatever.... I'm glad we scheduled S. Carolina and UCLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom