NCAA may work with power 5 conferences | The Boneyard

NCAA may work with power 5 conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For some reason, I still think we will be okay. Its not 'our' end but our beginning, just requires more patience than originally expected. Ollie and Geno are still building powerhouses, we just need or football counterparts to do the same. Remember UConn is not irrelevant, its quite the opposite.

Reaction Score
For some reason, I still think we will be okay. Its not 'our' end but our beginning, just requires more patience than originally expected. Ollie and Geno are still building powerhouses, we just need or football counterparts to do the same. Remember UConn is not irrelevant, its quite the opposite.
I was referring to the entire scene. I'll always follow UConn teams, but if the "Power 5" want to be like the NFL, well, that won't be happening for me.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
rws5s5.jpg

This guy right here.

Reaction Score
"While athletes struggle to pay for basic expenses"

Welcome to being a college student. Take out a student loan like the rest of us do, they're already getting a free ride. If you want to pay college athletes I say you no longer give athletic scholarships. At that point you can quit hiding behind the facade that they're there for an education and just pay them for what they're really there for (certainly doesn't apply to all athletes)

Reaction Score
"While athletes struggle to pay for basic expenses"

Welcome to being a college student. Take out a student loan like the rest of us do, they're already getting a free ride. If you want to pay college athletes I say you no longer give athletic scholarships. At that point you can quit hiding behind the facade that they're there for an education and just pay them for what they're really there for (certainly doesn't apply to all athletes)
The argument is always that non-athlete students can get jobs but that student athletes don't have any extra time to get a job because they are spending so much time on their sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom