NC State Post Game Thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

NC State Post Game Thread

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Ono was in enough trouble with the two missed foul shots, fortunately appears to have gotten the benefit of a slightly long count here.
The question is did it take longer than five seconds to inbound the ball to Azzi.
Won’t be the first or last time that a ref had a long 3 second count. How many 3 second violations were called during the game? Maybe the ref(s) were using long 3 second counts all game for both sides. You need to go back and review every possession of the game and see if anyone else was in the lane longer than 3 seconds. Maybe that’s just the way the refs called the game.

There was no three second call because no one was in the lane. The question is whether or not ONO inbounded the ball in five or less seconds. I believe she just made it. The ref was counting it out.

Reaction Score
Good question; it really don't think that person was Shea, though. I'd love to know if there were former players there besides Megan.

Attachments

• 20220328_213739.jpg
    20220328_213739.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 20220328_213920.jpg
    20220328_213920.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 108
Reaction Score
FWIW... I don't think McNutt is anti UConn. I just think she is a former BE GTown alumni who is always going to have that competitive edge to her commentary. I actually enjoy it when she teases other commentators not to sleep on UConn and she says it with disdainful truth.

Reaction Score
Paige was absolute money in crunch time, no doubt. But let's not forget she played a poor first half and those other teammates kept us in the game with a lead. It's fine to celebrate Paige, but don't do it at the detriment of our other players.
:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
To go along with the above post about the nation wide appeal of that game and the Huskies, I get a text from my daughter last night (she works on a cardiac monitoring floor at a community hospital outside of Charlottesville, Virginia) and she says one of her patients is watching the game and tells her that Geno Auriemma is a friend. She didn't say how the game was affecting the heart monitor...
I live in Charlottesville too. Give me her name and I’ll take flowers to her.

Reaction Score
It was a terrific game and congratulations to UConn and their fans. It was well earned and one of the most entertaining I've watched. NCSU played very well and came up a bit short at the end.

To be honest, I had UConn winning this game in my initial bracket and moving on to the FF along with Stanford, SC, and Louisville. I figure it will be a wonderful tournament and this year again feels "normal", but last night make it thrilling.
Before the sweet sixteen, I had a want list (all the lowest seeds to assure UCONN winning the NC), a reality list (had some upsets), and a think list (my real thoughts that would be the most difficult path to the NC).

The "Think" list had this game vs. NC State, Stanford at MN, and whomever wins between SC & Louisville. Which will be cool to "erase" one of the loses of the year, and our UCONN women will have had to defeat three of the four #1 seeds to achieve what seemed unachieveable had Paige not returned, and then prove that she is "Still the BEST! Better than ALL the REST!" [as Tina Turner would sing....] of those UCONN has faced and will face.

When Paige scored the first 5 points of the second OT, it put all the other UCONN women on the court at ease so they could be the best version of themselves: AZZI feeding CW, AE with the putback off the medium rebound from the missed 3 pt shot, AE making both FTs, AND no one lost hope when AE fouled out on a "belly rub" with 32 seconds remaining.

I also loved CW's comment after ONO gets the ball into Azzi [near a 5 second violation] who shovels the ball to Evina, who finds CW after sequential traps has ALL of the NC State players by the UCONN bench: "I just made the layup..."

When the game went to OT and the first stat that was posted at the bottom of the screen said, "UCONN is 0-5 in OT in the NCAAT," I immediately said, "Today is the day that stat line will be broken!" When the women continued onto Double OT, I said, "Hey, we did not lose in OT! Time to win in Double OT!!!! They got this!!!" ...and of course, Paige gets the first five points for UCONN, which spread the floor for everyone else.

The entirety of both teams effort and skill was tremendous, but my sentiments were summed up by CW [in one of the post-game presser clips], "I was thinking the whole time, 'We have Paige and they don't!'"

Can't wait to see what Paige's homecoming (MN) first game looks like....

Go Huskies!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The question is did it take longer than five seconds to inbound the ball to Azzi.

There was no three second call because no one was in the lane. The question is whether or not ONO inbounded the ball in five or less seconds. I believe she just made it. The ref was counting it out.
I was counting it with her. By my count she got rid of it in time.

Reaction Score
Can't expect Paige to do that again though right? We are going to need something more than we got last game from the others. Considering how well NC State played though another performance like that one might be enough.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Can't expect Paige to do that again though right?
Really? Paige will probably put up 30 in regulation tomorrow night. As Rebecca said about her, “She was built for these moments.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom