NBE | The Boneyard

NBE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With Rutgers winning today and recruiting well the last few years, I think we may be getting passed by and left behind by the better teams in the Big East. Louisville, Cincinnati, and now Rutgers seem poised to do well in the New Big East in the next few years. Throw in Boise State and probably BYU and we are probably middle of the road in the new Big East.

This was supposed to be the year we were going to be at least 7-5 or 6-6 and return to a bowl game.

pj

Reaction Score
We're still going to be at least 7-5 or 6-6 and return to a bowl game.

We'll be competitive with Louisville, Cincinnati, and Rutgers. Middle of the road in the NBE is a stepping stone to better places.

Reaction Score
The only winnable games I see this year are Syracuse, Buffalo, and Pittsburgh. Throw in a upset game and possibly we're going bowling at six and six?

Reaction Score
The only winnable games I see this year are Syracuse, Buffalo, and Pittsburgh. Throw in a upset game and possibly we're going bowling at six and six?

Things always look bleak the day of a loss, but all our remaining home games are winnable (Buffalo, Temple, Pitt, Cincy), and we can still pull off a couple road wins if we get our act together.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Haven't been passed. Our talent is better if not equal to the rest of the BE. But, to not recognize that we are at an inflection point due to realignment and the coaching change is a mistake. These next two years will dictate how attractive our program is to recruits going forward. Missing a bowl game and getting beat by mid level MAC teams two straight years is not something big time programs do.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Haven't been passed. Our talent is better if not equal to the rest of the BE.

That's crazy talk. We are far behind at all the skill positions on O. Out OL is creaky. Our D has been tough but most of those guys are seniors.

Reaction Score
This team has lacked playmakers at Quarterback,wide receiver,and running back.If things don't change,we'll be in the bottom half of the league untill death do us part.

Reaction Score
That's crazy talk. We are far behind at all the skill positions on O. Out OL is creaky. Our D has been tough but most of those guys are seniors.

I think our play makers are fine when they get the ball in their hands..Our wide receivers and McCombs can handle their own against anyone in the BE or NBE.. But its always going to be tough treading when you have a young and inexperienced quarterback trying to get the ball in their hands and a block head designing plays to do so.....He doesn't put them in highly successful situations....Our OL is well middling at best....

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm not a talent evaluator or an X's and O's evaluator... but based on some of the things we've heard especially after the NC state game, I'm more likely to question the complexity of the scheming (GDL) than the talent on the OL.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
With Rutgers winning today and recruiting well the last few years, I think we may be getting passed by and left behind by the better teams in the Big East. Louisville, Cincinnati, and now Rutgers seem poised to do well in the New Big East in the next few years. Throw in Boise State and probably BYU and we are probably middle of the road in the new Big East.

This was supposed to be the year we were going to be at least 7-5 or 6-6 and return to a bowl game.
Heh... seems like ever since ~2003 we see one of these "Oh no, Rutgers is passing us by" threads every other year or so. They win a BCS game and start building some hype, but the hype never lasts more than a couple months. They haven't won a conference title yet, when they win 2 in a row then we can hit the panic button. Overall, yeah UConn is a middle of the BE team, but so is every other BE team. Boise beat BYU 7-0 on a defensive touchdown. I'll worry about us being dominated when one team starts actually dominating, even WVU didn't reach that level on a league wide level.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Heh... seems like ever since ~2003 we see one of these "Oh no, Rutgers is passing us by" threads every other year or so. They win a BCS game against a BCS school and start building some hype, but the hype never lasts more than a couple months. They haven't won a conference title yet, when they win 2 in a row then we can hit the panic button. Overall, yeah UConn is a middle of the BE team, but so is every other BE team. Boise beat BYU 7-0 on a defensive touchdown. I'll worry about us being dominated when one team starts actually dominating, even WVU didn't reach that level on a league wide level.

Fixed it for you.

Reaction Score
Slightly better week for the NBE (5-4/7-4): 2 of 3 losses to top 15 talent.....No blowouts.....(but never good getting blanked by San Jose St.)

WINS
Buffalo 17 @ UCONN 24
VATECH 24 @ CINCY 27
(19) Louisville 21 @ S. Miss 17
(24) Boise St. 32 @ New Mexico 29
Houston 35 @ Rice 14

Losses
(4) FL. ST. 30 @ South FL. 17
(15) TCU 24 @ SMU 16
Mizzou 21 @ UCF 16
San Jose St. 12 @ Navy 0

Game Still in Progress