NBA Draft Combine | Page 23 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft Combine

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He had the flu. Pretty incredible that he took over in the last minute after logging 38 minutes in a game he was questionable to play in. And according to an article I read, he was responsible for the decision to start doubling Siakam, which turned the game around.

But, yes, please say White sucks and that the Celtics are terrible in close-out games. That would be a real service!
It’s been like that all playoffs (season) as far as guards having a field day when they play the Celtics.

There’s no denying his IQ.

White shouldn’t take more 3s than 2s! He’ll never get going that way. Blame Mozzarella who’s bound to drop one game he has no business losing a series!

invesible ink (I actually like Derrick White so this felt like:
IMG_4466.jpeg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It’s been like that all playoffs (season) as far as guards having a field day when they play the Celtics.

There’s no denying his IQ.

White shouldn’t take more 3s than 2s! He’ll never get going that way. Blame Mozzarella who’s bound to drop one game he has no business losing a series!

invesible ink (I actually like Derrick White so this felt like: View attachment 101011

Yeah I don't know what's been going on with the Celtics. They were ranked 1st in team defense but definitely lay eggs all the time. It's the NBA and good offense always beats good defense I guess.

Too many easy buckets in the first half. Although the team really buckled down in the second half and especially when it mattered.

As for White, it's just math. He shoots 39.6% from 3 and 55.5% from 2. 10 shots from each: 11.88 points from 3 and 11.00 from 2. His EFG% and TS% this year were higher than ever. I agree you've got to mix it up but coming into this series he was 37/85 from 3 (43.5%) in the postseason. Even in this series he's shooting 37.5%.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah I don't know what's been going on with the Celtics. They were ranked 1st in team defense but definitely lay eggs all the time. It's the NBA and good offense always beats good defense I guess.

Too many easy buckets in the first half. Although the team really buckled down in the second half and especially when it mattered.

As for White, it's just math. He shoots 39.6% from 3 and 55.5% from 2. 10 shots from each: 11.88 points from 3 and 11.00 from 2. His EFG% and TS% this year were higher than ever. I agree you've got to mix it up but coming into this series he was 37/85 from 3 (43.5%) in the postseason. Even in this series he's shooting 37.5%.
Yeah White is a reach. I really like him as a player. As an A+ role guy that’s his game too. But it’s all I could think of.
Shrugs What GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
They don't seem to have adjusted to the way the game's being whistled, and has been since the beginning of March. Look at the level of physicality, all the clutching & grabbing from other teams. Then compare that to the Celtics.

It's not exactly night and day, but they've been much less physical than what we've seen from the West, or what the Knicks were doing before they fell apart.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They don't seem to have adjusted to the way the game's being whistled, and has been since the beginning of March. Look at the level of physicality, all the clutching & grabbing from other teams. Then compare that to the Celtics.

It's not exactly night and day, but they've been much less physical than what we've seen from the West, or what the Knicks were doing before they fell apart.
It’s like UConn heading into Big East play. I think they’ve adjusted on offense and are whining less. But they haven’t really picked up the physicality on D. Maybe because they are so thin up front.

Reaction Score
It’s like UConn heading into Big East play. I think they’ve adjusted on offense and are whining less. But they haven’t really picked up the physicality on D. Maybe because they are so thin up front.
It's less the front court physicality than the back court. The NBA straight-up allows hand checking at the point of attack now, but our guys haven't clocked that.

Reaction Score
I thought game 3 was called tighter than most of the other games I've watched, and it actually didn't play to the Celtics advantage.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The college basketball world will be shaped this week

And not just by Alex

Reaction Score
I’m going through the mocks and AK is listed in the second round in the 40’s on many of them. But even if he is say #32 will he likely come back?

Reaction Score
I’m going through the mocks and AK is listed in the second round in the 40’s on many of them. But even if he is say #32 will he likely come back?
I used to think if he wasn’t projected to be a first-round pick, with guaranteed money, he’d come back.

The consensus, though, is that the draft will be deeper next year. So, if AK believes he’ll be selected, I now think he won’t be returning.

Reaction Score
I used to think if he wasn’t projected to be a first-round pick, with guaranteed money, he’d come back.

The consensus, though, is that the draft will be deeper next year. So, if AK believes he’ll be selected, I now think he won’t be returning.
There's also guaranteed money through the early 40s.

Reaction Score

It isn’t about first round as much as it is a org an nba contract.

You don’t have to use cap space to sign second round picks anymore. This is the third year of the rule. an over capped team can still give a contract offer above the minimum to a second rounder.

I don’t know where it ends, but early to mid second rounder typically get nba contracts. Back half of second. Round gets two way or overseas deals.

Which one is Karaban is the question. If he is promised an nba contract, he should take it. If teams want him to go two-way, he can do that next year and should return

Reaction Score
The superstar status Luka would ascend to if he brings this Mavs team to glory…
They aren’t beating Celtics. I know nba media is frustrated at the lack of excitement, but Boston is so much better than rest if nba this year.

They coasted to 64 wins, should have had 70. Had fortunate road too, I don’t think Mavs can guard the Celtics. Luka and kyrie are terrible defensive players.

Reaction Score
They aren’t beating Celtics. I know nba media is frustrated at the lack of excitement, but Boston is so much better than rest if nba this year.

They coasted to 64 wins, should have had 70. Had fortunate road too, I don’t think Mavs can guard the Celtics. Luka and kyrie are terrible defensive players.

Boston has had one of the easiest roads to the finals in the history of the league. The finals will not be anywhere as easy. They may win it. But int the next round they will have to earn it.

Reaction Score
Boston has had one of the easiest roads to the finals in the history of the league. The finals will not be anywhere as easy. They may win it. But int the next round they will have to earn it.
Was it easy? Yes. But, the Celtics were a big part of that. They would’ve easily beat the Heat and Cavs anyway. Halliburton plays, does nembhard go for 30+ and Mcconnll do what he does? No.

I think Boston still would have won in 5 against the Heat, 5 against Cavs and 5 against pacers if everyone was healthy.

The bucks? They are always hurt. Same with 76ers. You can’t count on them to be healthy.

Mavs 50-win, 5th place team in the west. Will it be tougher? Are we sure?

I always thought twolves were biggest threat because they are you g, athletic, okay Great defense and gobert really bothers Boston.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Josh Hart with some kind words for your boy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom