Navy Bus Trip- Interest? | The Boneyard

Navy Bus Trip- Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone-
Once I put the BC bus trip out there, several people emailed me about putting together a bus trip to Navy. The TBD gametime makes overnight trips like Navy tricky- I've priced it out and since it'd be a two-day trip, the bus cost is higher, we'd need a hotel (guessing $300/night; may be able to get lower but we'd stay outside of Annapolis in the BWI area for about $150-200/night) and logistically it's hard to get hotels to commit to a price when we don't know what night we need (Friday for a noon or 3:30 game, Saturday for a 7pm game).

Total price for bus/tailgate/ticket without the hotel is about $250/person (could be about $15-20 lower depending on ticket/tailgate prices)- are people interested at that price level? We'd need 30 people to make it work.

Let me know your thoughts and how many would be interested.

Reaction Score
Thinking about it; but, will likely turn it into a weekend trip with the family to the DC area. Aquarium in Baltimore, Zoo in DC, Sea Air & Space on the Mall & this game. If I am a nice husband, I will just take the boys with me and my wife can stroll around Annapolis admiring all of the uniformed, young, fit men around campus :)

Reaction Score
If I don't go to the Houston game, I'd be interested in going to Navy.

Reaction Score
Update on this-
Need at least 30 people to run it and need to know in the next 60 days or so to lock in the bus. We would leave Friday afternoon regardless of the gametime on Saturday and return Saturday after the game. Bus/ticket/tailgate would be about $200/person- still finalizing the bus cost options. Where we stop would depend on where people are coming from- we are fairly flexible.

Hotel is $129/nt plus taxes; NOT IN ANNAPOLIS given the block size needed (25+) and limited hotel options in the area. We'll be staying in the BWI area.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Reaction Score
i have booked my hotels , im not sure what our exact plan will be just yet , but i am interested

Reaction Score
Saw tweet this afternoon that game is Saturday at 3:30 pm.

We're driving down on Thursday, DC or Baltimore on Friday, game Saturday. Already have hotel room booked. Would join tailgate or group rate at different hotel if convenient.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just a note of advice - if you haven't been to Navy stadium, it is one giant PITA to get in and out of. Worse than old Schafer stadium in Foxboro, IMO. Make sure you give yourself an extra 60-90 minutes coming and going when figuring out your ETAs.

Reaction Score
Have a hotel in the BWI area for $129/nt plus tax- they have not sent me the link for the hotel yet. They did tell me they were the only hotel in the area with availability of more than 20 rooms. Will post once I get the link.

i have booked my hotels , im not sure what our exact plan will be just yet , but i am interested
How many bus seats would you be interested in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom