National Lampoon's Vacation Reboot? | The Boneyard

National Lampoon's Vacation Reboot?

Reaction Score
Seriously? They're so out of ideas it's obvious. Say hello to Vacation without Chevy Chase:

Sadly, it'll probably do great.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Its not like they are remaking the Godfather with Adam Sandler as Vito Corleone and Justin Beiber as Michael. This is a sequel to a goofball comedy that had some dodgy sequels (European Vacation) the first go around.

Reaction Score
Its not like they are remaking the Godfather with Adam Sandler as Vito Corleone and Justin Beiber as Michael. This is a sequel to a goofball comedy that had some dodgy sequels (European Vacation) the first go around.

First, it's a classic. Second, it's a goofy comedy. It's like when Steve Martin remade the Pink Panther movies. Stupid. Come up with a new idea. It's not hard to do goofy. Maybe they'll attract some fans back into the seats if they do for more than comic book movies.

There's a reason why television is kicking the big screen's a-s. Television is trying new things.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So, it's a PG-13 rated version of The Hangover with a side of We're the Millers. It's going to suck because no one will believe a family spends a week in a car that doesn't include everyone watching movies on their tablets the entire trip.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I just saw the movie on HBO and it was actually pretty funny. Helms is ok, but Christina Applegate is probably the best comedic actress of our generation. She has held together some sketchy movies like Hall Pass that would have sucked with most other actresses. The cameos are good for the most part. This is mindless fun, and on that basis I enjoyed the movie.

Reaction Score
I just watched it on HBO as well. It was not bad at all. There were some stupid things, but overall it was pretty funny. For anyone thats a fan of the originals, I recommend it.

Reaction Score
Watchable, but not much funnier than Las Vegas Vacation on the comedy spectrum and too reliant on dumb vulgarity. Vulgarity can be funny---like when Chevy Chase is playing the straight man gone nuts. But the writers seemed to think having an 8 year old swear over and over was in and of itself funny. No more comedy necessary. And it isn't. Some wit or comedic timing still helps.

Also, Chevy Chase has aged poorly. Looks like an old Martin Brando. Fat.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Everything about Cousin Eddie's family in the first Vacation was for shock value.

I thought the movie had a lot of good moments. The car fob was very funny. Crashing the ATV into the cow was very funny. The first hot tub scene with the son and the cute girl was completely predictable, and very funny.

I agree on Chevy Chase.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom