Natalie Butler | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have been in Europe for the past 2 weeks. Has anybody heard anything about Butler?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not a peep. But I sure hope she's working on her offensive and defensive footwork, upper body strength, and her outside shot. And here's hoping she finishes most of her layups this year.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
I summoned a World of Warcraft mage and she is casting her Big Mama Stef spell on Natalie as you read this.

Reaction Score
Natalie needs to be a major factor this year. She needs to be a double/double every game. Hopefully she can channel "Big Mama Stef".
I would be happy with 8 pts 8 rebs. There may be teams where there's no defensive match up for her and they go small. I think Gus has a good point. 100% healthy thumb and mentally strong. I'll add that she can't hesitate on that short jump shot.

Reaction Score
I'd really like to see her come back with a kind of "attack mode" attitude. I don't think it comes naturally to her and the great Tina Charles also had to develop it over time. Especially as a big, you need to play the game looking to impose your will on your opponent. That doesn't necessarily mean play physical, but just be more aggressive.

Reaction Score
It never gets mentioned,but take a look at the practice competition that Natalie has had for a couple of years now.She has had Stokes,Stewart, and Tuck to bang or chase around the court.If we add in the transfers this coming year she will have gone up against some of the best competition that college basketball could ever have to offer.Now lets add in the practice guys and if she is healthy i expect that her learning curve should be nearly completed.She needs major minutes in real games this year and i have every confidence that Natalie will be a bellweather on both ends of the court.Only at UCONN and a very few other schools would this skills transition be able to take place.If any of the bigs from the class of 2018 want the very best chance to succeed, you have three guesses as to where to attend school and the first two don't count.

Reaction Score
Right now the top 4 in the WNBA advanced stats, are Nneka, Tina, Stewie, and Maya, so Natalie practiced all year with one of the best. As long as she's healthy , she should do well.

Reaction Score
I would be happy with 8 pts 8 rebs. There may be teams where there's no defensive match up for her and they go small. I think Gus has a good point. 100% healthy thumb and mentally strong. I'll add that she can't hesitate on that short jump shot.
In Stef's junior year, she averaged about 13.8 points and 7.3 rebounds a game so for those expecting her to Mama Stef, she wouldn't have to average a double, double at all.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Right now the top 4 in the WNBA advanced stats, are Nneka, Tina, Stewie, and Maya, so Natalie practiced all year with one of the best. As long as she's healthy , she should do well.
That's pretty much the MVP race as well.

Reaction Score
The thumb injury couldn't have come at a worse time for Natalie! She worked her butt off transfer year and preseason then hurt the thumb right before the season started taking away everything + confidence she had built up and could never get it back in season, so this off season is tremendously important to get back that "edge" she had pre-injury!
I have complete faith Natalie will shine This season and beyond!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The thumb injury couldn't have come at a worse time for Natalie! She worked her butt off transfer year and preseason then hurt the thumb right before the season started taking away everything + confidence she had built up and could never get it back in season, so this off season is tremendously important to get back that "edge" she had pre-injury!
I have complete faith Natalie will shine This season and beyond!
This, imo, says it all. That injury and the timing of it caused more problems than many seem to realize.

Reaction Score
Not a peep. But I sure hope she's working on her offensive and defensive footwork, upper body strength, and her outside shot. And here's hoping she finishes most of her layups this year.

Amen to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69