Natalie Butler To Make Her UConn Debut on Monday in TN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Natalie Butler To Make Her UConn Debut on Monday in TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Prescription for Natalie: Rebound, outlet to Mo or Kia on the Move , set good screens, be in position to provide help defense, rinse recycle & repeat.
I'm hoping she also blocks, denies, frustrates, and intimidates down low ...over and over and over. :eek:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Most likely Natalie will come off the bench on Monday. And don't worry, she can run the floor.

Her left hand will be in a splint, she's right handed. And she will score. She has the short bank shot off the glass. Watch her in warm-ups and you will see.

Reaction Score
I have very modest expectations for Natalie at this time. She injured her shooting hand, right? I expect her to be rusty. I hope fans are not expecting double-doubles right off the bat...

I've looked at a bunch of news articles about Natalie's injury but none say whether she's a lefty or a righty. It's her left thumb in which she tore ligaments. Have I missed something, or are journalists just too dumb to say the obvious: "The injury is/is not to her shooting hand."? I'm guessing she's a righty.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Some chat on ND Board that Turner may have reinjured her shoulder.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I've looked at a bunch of news articles about Natalie's injury but none say whether she's a lefty or a righty. It's her left thumb in which she tore ligaments. Have I missed something, or are journalists just too dumb to say the obvious: "The injury is/is not to her shooting hand."? I'm guessing she's a righty.
I think you are right - I watched the game today and looked for her splint and it's on her left hand...

Reaction Score
I have very modest expectations for Natalie at this time. She injured her shooting hand, right? I expect her to be rusty. I hope fans are not expecting double-doubles right off the bat...
Agree, she has no game experience with this team.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Prescription for Natalie: Rebound, outlet to Mo or Kia on the Move , set good screens, be in position to provide help defense, rinse recycle & repeat.
And post up and be a threat to score inside. She can do it.

Reaction Score
I found Genos post game comments to be interesting. He complimented all of his players. Talked about the 4 games in 8 days. Also mentioned the team could have a different look by next weekend. I still believe NB in the middle will make everyone else better once she gets a few games under her belt. Time will tell. The teams growth will be fun to watch this week.

Reaction Score
I don't mind optimism but that's plain bad form, harsh, unnecessary and arrogant. We don't need to denegrate others to praise UCONN.

Not to mention, it's not accurate. ND beat UCLA without Turner and with Reimer playing 24 minutes. BTW, UCLA had 5 players foul out. No one on ND had as many as 4 pf's (the game went into OT) and ND took 46 FT's to UCLA's 26.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't get too excited. How are we possibly going to fit another quality post player in the rotation? We are doomed!
How about we play a short quarter before each game and the best Husky players that day get to play in the actual game? Sort of a mini play off, or sudden death kin of a thing..

Reaction Score
Not to mention, it's not accurate. ND beat UCLA without Turner and with Reimer playing 24 minutes. BTW, UCLA had 5 players foul out. No one on ND had as many as 4 pf's (the game went into OT) and ND took 46 FT's to UCLA's 26.

You have three choices, pick one:

A. UCLA is uber aggressive
B. ND players are uber floppers
C. Both of the above

Reaction Score
I don't mind optimism but that's plain bad form, harsh, unnecessary and arrogant. We don't need to denegrate others to praise UCONN.
except when referring to nd, no shot is cheap

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is great news as she'll have 2 games, Chattanooga & DePaul before the ND game!
She's been doing everything possible at practice that doesn't concern her left hand, her off hand!
If we can get Boykin back in a week or so we'll be all set! She's warmed up in 2 games just can't go full speed yet!
Vegas odds on the UCONN/ND game have just gone up, UCONN now 30 point favorites! Since ND has only 1 great player, Turner and 1 good player, Allen, the match-ups will be ridiculous! The rest of ND are stiffs, so Turner guards Tuck, unsuccessfully, and Allen guards MoJeff, unsuccessfully, Stewie, Gabby, Nurse, Butler, Saniya, Collier, KLS, have favorable match-ups! Gee , I sound like tonyc Jr.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Experience has taught me to respect the Las Vegas odds maker's lines. They're usually spot on, or very very close. They're professionals, and they're very good at what they do.

While I love the Huskies, I don't think I'd make a bet that spots ND 30 points. 15 maybe, but not 30.

While I'd love nothing better than for UConn to cover this spread, I'd settle for a convincing (dominating, spirit and will breaking) 20+ point win. Heh heh heh. :D

In my opinion, a 20+ point loss to UConn at this point in the season, would send shock waves throughout Notre Dame Nation, and give Muffet and company cause for concern.

Based on the team's recent performances, and with the probability of having Natalie Butler available, along with this game being played at Gampel Pavilion,

I can see UConn being a huge favorite. As we all know, Gampel is a very difficult venue to play in if you're not wearing a UConn uniform. :cool: Go Huskies.

Reaction Score

Biff- - -I realize I might in yours or others eyes been harsh, etc. in my calling "the rest of ND are stiffs," but I have never been one for candy coating any of my comments! I say how I feel and let the chips fall where they may! Love it or hate it I don't care! To some BONEYARDERS I was especially hard on Elizabeth Williams of Duke, but to me she was way overrated!
Unlike a bunch on the BONEYARD I do not kneel at the belief that The Muffett/ND is included in the great programs or coaches!
I am tired of her crying that she gets no respect, her and her players despicable behavior at the press conference where Stewie was named POY, letting Diggins run the team in her 4 years there, and other actions that brought The Muffett down in my opinion! I will give her some credit as a very good recruiter!
If The Muffett was as great a coach as many believe her to be, she & ND would have more than that one title in 2001, that UCONN gave her! If Shea & Svet weren't injured and if Geno hadn't gone berserk in the locker room at 1/2 time, there is no way they would have given back that 15 point lead and gone on to beat either Purdue or SMS from the other bracket! In essence who ever won the ND/UCONN game was going to be the Champion! Which would have given UCONN 5 Titles in a row!
The Muffett & ND have been in 5 Finals! They accepted the gift from UCONN in 2001, then reached the Finals in 2011 vs TX A&M, 2012 vs Baylor, 2014 vs UCONN & 2015 vs UCONN, and lost all 4! If The Muffett is to be considered in THE GREAT COACH category she had to have won at least 2 or 3 of those 4 games! Geno on the other hand has been in 10 Final Games and won all 10, THAT IS GREATNESS!
So I am not a fan of ND and looking at the match-ups for the Dec. 5th game at Gampel I can see even if both teams are at full strength, UCONN is capable of beating ND by 30 points! IMO the only 2 players ND has that are any good is Turner & Allen! None of the rest of the ND team could make the first 2 teams on UCONN's depth chart! Thereby my comment!

Reaction Score
This is great news as she'll have 2 games, Chattanooga & DePaul before the ND game!
She's been doing everything possible at practice that doesn't concern her left hand, her off hand!
If we can get Boykin back in a week or so we'll be all set! She's warmed up in 2 games just can't go full speed yet!
Vegas odds on the UCONN/ND game have just gone up, UCONN now 30 point favorites! Since ND has only 1 great player, Turner and 1 good player, Allen, the match-ups will be ridiculous! The rest of ND are stiffs, so Turner guards Tuck, unsuccessfully, and Allen guards MoJeff, unsuccessfully, Stewie, Gabby, Nurse, Butler, Saniya, Collier, KLS, have favorable match-ups! Gee , I sound like tonyc Jr.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I always thought Madison Cable was a pretty good player, but I never thought Reimer was that good.

Reaction Score
Biff- - -I realize I might in yours or others eyes been harsh, etc. in my calling "the rest of ND are stiffs," but I have never been one for candy coating any of my comments! I say how I feel and let the chips fall where they may! Love it or hate it I don't care! To some BONEYARDERS I was especially hard on Elizabeth Williams of Duke, but to me she was way overrated!
Unlike a bunch on the BONEYARD I do not kneel at the belief that The Muffett/ND is included in the great programs or coaches!
I am tired of her crying that she gets no respect, her and her players despicable behavior at the press conference where Stewie was named POY, letting Diggins run the team in her 4 years there, and other actions that brought The Muffett down in my opinion! I will give her some credit as a very good recruiter!
If The Muffett was as great a coach as many believe her to be, she & ND would have more than that one title in 2001, that UCONN gave her! If Shea & Svet weren't injured and if Geno hadn't gone berserk in the locker room at 1/2 time, there is no way they would have given back that 15 point lead and gone on to beat either Purdue or SMS from the other bracket! In essence who ever won the ND/UCONN game was going to be the Champion! Which would have given UCONN 5 Titles in a row!
The Muffett & ND have been in 5 Finals! They accepted the gift from UCONN in 2001, then reached the Finals in 2011 vs TX A&M, 2012 vs Baylor, 2014 vs UCONN & 2015 vs UCONN, and lost all 4! If The Muffett is to be considered in THE GREAT COACH category she had to have won at least 2 or 3 of those 4 games! Geno on the other hand has been in 10 Final Games and won all 10, THAT IS GREATNESS!
So I am not a fan of ND and looking at the match-ups for the Dec. 5th game at Gampel I can see even if both teams are at full strength, UCONN is capable of beating ND by 30 points! IMO the only 2 players ND has that are any good is Turner & Allen! None of the rest of the ND team could make the first 2 teams on UCONN's depth chart! Thereby my comment!
Thank you Donald.

Reaction Score
What I'm looking for is the time when Butler, Collier and/or KLS come off the bench together and break the game open.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't expect Butler to play a lot today. Chattanooga is a very guard oriented team. If you look at THE pre-game report you'll see they only really play 1 player over 6-0. On the other hand UCONN should be able to feast on the inside.

Reaction Score
I don't expect Butler to play a lot today. Chattanooga is a very guard oriented team. If you look at THE pre-game report you'll see they only really play 1 player over 6-0. On the other hand UCONN should be able to feast on the inside.

I'd just like to see Natalie get on the court with her teammates after all the hard work she put in last season and after all the disappointment she must have experienced after suffering the hand injury at the moment she was ready to put on her uniform and FINALLY realize her dream to play for UConn.

I expect it will be for only a few minutes, too, but I'll bet she's going to be off-the-wall excited. I will be, too! But there shouldn't be any pressure put on Natalie. How well she plays in her first game is not important. What does matter is that she has fun and feels good, knocks off some rust, and walks away from the game in good health.

All of UConn is with you, Nat. Good luck.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

I tend to agree. But I do think Natalie will get 15 to 20 minutes of playing time. Who she subs in for is anybody's guess. I assume Geno will want to see a big front line with Butler at the 5, Stewie at the 3 and Tuck at the 4. If this big line can completely dominate an opponent, then you will know which direction Geno will go in for the future.

Come next Monday, I would expect Butler to see significant minutes against ND, especially if Turner plays. And that one is a big if right now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I got Avery excited by quite a bit during the Nebraska game, but I sent nuts when the Butler news was announced.

That was very nice. Everyone loves a nice nut basket..

zqb-8219_1z.jpg

By the way, I'm glad you enjoyed the game, but what you and Avery do during the games is really your own business.;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34