My oh my Gabby! | The Boneyard

My oh my Gabby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have derived such enjoyment and entertainment watching the development of Gabby Williams. Her ability to elevate and snag rebounds and to read the angles of the glass and put the ball in the hole is ...well, "wow! " I say repeatedly as I watch her play. . I had thought all along that it was remarkable that she has learned post moves so quickly- I had always thought post players had to practice those moves over and over until it becomes second nature. But she has a knack to get to the hole... And I am guessing is putting in a ton of time working at her moves. Sue Bird seemed seriously impressed during yesterday's game, in the first half, reminding people how hard it is to change positions in a scripted way. Then, in the 2nd half, she sounded off the script and genuinely impressed with Gabby's moves. Made me feel vindicated!

Reaction Score
I agree. Gabby's game has been remarkable. I loved that improvised alley-oop attempt on Sunday. I sure wish Geno would give them the green light on that. I could see a lot of baskets by Stewie and Gabby coming from lightning quick and accurate catch-it bank-it alley-oop passes from Mo, Kia, and KML.

Reaction Score
Gabby is a special athlete with exceptional leaping ability. Anyone who has
played one on one basketball can develop moves especially if you are undersized.
Some kids just have exceptional athletic ability and determination like Gabby.

Once she develops an outside shot and can make a free throw she will be tough
to deal with.

Watch her missed free throws, they almost always hit the back of the rim. She just
needs to move off the free throw line about six inches or try to just get the ball just
over the front of the rim.

Reaction Score
You're all messed up. She's even better than that.

Reaction Score
Add to all the above the comment Geno made that she changes the game when she enters. To me, that says it all. SHE CHANGES THE GAME!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She's okay, for a guard playing out of position.;)

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
I loved that improvised alley-oop attempt on Sunday. I sure wish Geno would give them the green light on that. I could see a lot of baskets by Stewie and Gabby coming from lightning quick and accurate catch-it bank-it alley-oop passes from Mo, Kia, and KML.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
I loved that improvised alley-oop attempt on Sunday. I sure wish Geno would give them the green light on that. I could see a lot of baskets by Stewie and Gabby coming from lightning quick and accurate catch-it bank-it alley-oop passes from Mo, Kia, and KML.

Well, I hate those plays because I figure that there's a chance that Mo, Kia or KML might occasionally throw a not-so-perfect alley-oop pass. Now, Stewie or Gabby won't let it fly by, but instinctually will adjust for that pass, possibly altering balance or getting them into an awkward position while high in air, leaving them vulnerable to injury (possibly assisted by a body block). Can you spell d-a-n-g-e-r, just to show off for the crowd (or show up the foe). The potential cost is way to high, the payoff meager at best.

Reaction Score
What i love in Gabby (and in Kia as well) is the fighting spirit and determination she shows. In Gabby's case, when she goes for rebounds it is clear that she wants it more than the other player/s and she gets it!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Maya scored off the alley oop a few times...so, I don't think Geno is against it. He will be against it, however, if Gabby keeps missing...once she makes a few...Geno will think it is a great thing.

Reaction Score
Gabby reminds me of Nina Davis from Baylor and former UConn great Swin Cash. Once she starts to hit the mid range J she will be unstoppable

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Well, I hate those plays because I figure that there's a chance that Mo, Kia or KML might occasionally throw a not-so-perfect alley-oop pass. Now, Stewie or Gabby won't let it fly by, but instinctually will adjust for that pass, possibly altering balance or getting them into an awkward position while high in air, leaving them vulnerable to injury (possibly assisted by a body block). Can you spell d-a-n-g-e-r, just to show off for the crowd (or show up the foe). The potential cost is way to high, the payoff meager at best.

Notre Dame has had that play in their arsenal for several seasons now.
No reason for us not to embrace it.
Despite misfires, it has the psychological ability to really deflate the other team (especially in the woman's game).
An important consequence, not to be underestimated.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
If I am remembering correctly, Gabby Williams is a high jumper - probably uses the modern technique going over the bar backwards on her back after a big leap straight up after run up. Sort of like playing the center position, back to the basket???

An awesome athlete for sure!!!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
If I am remembering correctly, Gabby Williams is a high jumper - probably uses the modern technique going over the bar backwards on her back after a big leap straight up after run up. Sort of like playing the center position, back to the basket???

An awesome athlete for sure!!!
espnhs_2012_ot_gabby_williams_hj_pre_576x324.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member