MUST GET: Justin Assad | The Boneyard

MUST GET: Justin Assad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
6'4" 215 lbs WR from Pingree High School in South Hamilton, MA. Looks like a man amongst boys.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Kid's got BYU written all over him

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
4 Schools : BCU, UMass, New Hampshire and UConn listed as "interested". At that size and speed, you would think there has to be something else going on for there to be zero offers.
He plays hoops as well so maybe he's going in that direction?

Reaction Score
Nino Leone is from that school so I'm sure the staff is already aware of him.

He plays hoops as well so maybe he's going in that direction?

Nino #45 Justin#24
Boys_V_Basketball_TEAM_2014.jpg

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
As a little aside, the Leone kid flashed me back to law school. We had a hoops league. Two guys who played were also lineman for the old Hartford Knights minor league football team. One had been all state hoops in CT. All I remember was running into one of them on a pick. Thought I'd hit a sequoia.

Reaction Score
In that pic Assad doesn't look 6'4.

How big is # 45 Nino? Kid looks wide and huge.

Is the #45 Nino kid a UCONN commit or being recruited by us?

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
In that pic Assad doesn't look 6'4.

How big is # 45 Nino? Kid looks wide and huge.

Is the #45 Nino kid a UCONN commit or being recruited by us?
Nino Leone. 6'4" 330lb OL. Verbal to UConn

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't routinely watch highlight films because they are just cherry picked plays, but I did watch this one. IF UConn has a commit from the same school, I'm sure the coaches have seen Assad play in actual game conditions and there is a reason UConn is only showing interest as opposed to having an offer outstanding. Perhaps one reason is that I've never seen more 5'-7" cornerbacks in one video. Corners at the FBS level are routinely taller and faster. If Assad gets an offer and commits, great. If not, I'm not losing any sleep over it. I certainly don't think he is a "must get" by any stretch. Especially with all the receivers UConn brought in last year and the two they have this year.

Reaction Score
The "backyard" is Holderness school, out in NH.

Husky is right. As someone who as seen a lot of HS FB, partic the preps, you often find teams that are effectively a few men playing with a lot of boys. It can make it hard to properly evaluate as they are not up against D1 CBs (you typically see a really good D1 talent or 2 and a lot of what you'd expect at a prep school. On the flip side, McLean seems to be off to a decent start.

For me, we have 2 WRs already in this class - not sure we need to dedicate a 3rd slot to that position. I'd be very happy if they went out and recruited an entire OL and a few DBs before they used another chit on the WR position

Reaction Score
I don't routinely watch highlight films because they are just cherry picked plays, but I did watch this one. IF UConn has a commit from the same school, I'm sure the coaches have seen Assad play in actual game conditions and there is a reason UConn is only showing interest as opposed to having an offer outstanding. Perhaps one reason is that I've never seen more 5'-7" cornerbacks in one video. Corners at the FBS level are routinely taller and faster. If Assad gets an offer and commits, great. If not, I'm not losing any sleep over it. I certainly don't think he is a "must get" by any stretch. Especially with all the receivers UConn brought in last year and the two they have this year.

True, but the more the merrier as far as consistent receiving threats go, assuming he's not a fluke. That's a fair point about skewed advantages against high school competition. Assuming his height measurements are legit, he should still have a few inches on the average college DB. He also displays pretty good speed; but again, skewed competition. Overall, very fair points you made.

Reaction Score
I dunno. On that first play, he looked like Superman flying into the endzone.

I have watched a lot of HS video too; this kid pops. Love to know his complete story; but, because we are in NE, we never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom