Multiple QBs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Multiple QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Petrino ran multiple QB's pretty effectively to develop Brian Brohm as well.

Reaction Score
Diaco has already said the reason he wants to do this is to incentivize the QBs.. Players who know they will see the field work harder. This is his way of making sure that the QBs are ready.

Reaction Score
tduconn said:
I'll give the coach some slack, but based on use of multiple QB's in different situations in past UConn offensive schemes ....it was a disaster. No fooling defensive coordinators on other teams. If McCummings was in, pass options were basically negated......almost 100% of the time he ran. The other QB was mostly hand=off or pass. He couldn't scramble. Saying we have different QB's with "different skiil sets" is the same thing all over. It sounds like we do not have one QB that is sufficiently competetent in all offensive play aspects. The use of multiple QB's in the past certainly did not challenge opposing defensive coordinator schemes.

" Saying we have different QBs with "different skiil sets" is the same thing all over. It sounds like we do not have one QB that is sufficiently competetent in all offensive play aspects."

There is No way Casey isn't competent. This discussion about QBs battling for the job, doubting if one has the talent etc. is silly. Casey does, he showed it with the best performances we've seen in many years. Casey is the QB, the rest is coach talk to keep guys competing because you are always one play away from putting in your backup. I'd give some credence to the idea that the job is up for grabs if Foley weren't there, but I'm telling you, he has got to be a huge Casey fan. The kid knew how to use the time he had to move the ball or at minimum, keep possession if it. 3 and out with Casey was not much of an issue nor were turnovers. His ability to make a 10 yard + throw when needed was money in bank.

Reaction Score
Diaco has already said the reason he wants to do this is to incentivize the QBs.. Players who know they will see the field work harder. This is his way of making sure that the QBs are ready.
All three QB's have been working like crazy. Boyle is bigger and stronger. Chandler has been working hard on mechanics. Casey has trimmed down to be more mobile. They all see a real possibility of playing. Given that Cochran has been a poor practice player in the past it will be interesting to see how Whitmer competes for the job this month. His arm is stronger and if he protects the ball better, he will play. But in the end, the intangible leadership skills of Casey may be the trump card. Whoever the team responds to better will start but all three should get playing time. The wild card will be if Boyle is asked to redshirt.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I think ultimatly he has to name a starter, and it will be Whitmer. I think he sees Cochren and Boyle as 'projects' still. But if Whitmer turns over the ball he won't be in there. If this year next year once we have the transfer from NC State- #4 Bryant Shirreffs then making sure Diaco keeps Whitmer wouldn't be such a big issue IMO. Plus we'll have the big kid from Long Island coming in, Tyler Davis- who looks legit!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
The feeling I got was their is a QB for every play situation depending on how the D lines up, or maybe I heard him wrong

Reaction Score
Was watching fox sports with Bob Rumbold and he interviewed Diaco and asked him about using 2 QB's and Diaco responded that he does not believe in using 2 QB's.

The interview is on their website, but for some reason its cut short and does not show the portion I am talking about.

Reaction Score
Was watching fox sports with Bob Rumbold and he interviewed Diaco and asked him about using 2 QB's and Diaco responded that he does not believe in using 2 QB's.

The interview is on their website, but for some reason its cut short and does not show the portion I am talking about.

Go figure! ha

Reaction Score

That's only because he wants to use 3 QB's. :cool:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The words spread and wildcat will be non grata around here for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
Wow, Mike. I'm not judging anything I'm sharing my opinion that multiple QBs (even for a few plays/game) doesn't seem like a great idea. Did you listen to HCBD's answer on the subject? It seemed pretty convincing that he was leaning towards doing this - - of course we'll have to see what happens. But, isn't the point of a message board to share opinions? I have high hopes for this coach and his staff but you have to admit, watching what happened under HCPP with this was tough to watch.
Really tough to watch HCPP and his clowns. And I did root for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom