Mulkey story coming? ** ITS HERE | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mulkey story coming? ** ITS HERE

Reaction Score
Not taking a side in this but something has just felt very off about LSU this season, for defending champions there seem to be a lot of distractions and turmoil just my own speculation. Calling your team selfish after a tournament win just isn’t a good look.

You look at Hurley’s team there seems to be a lot more of a repoir together, everyone seems to be on the same page. You can tell he’s had a lot of conversations with Geno with how to deal with pressure and distractions.

Reaction Score
I'm curious, too. Now. What could there possibly be about Kim Mulkey that we don't already know? She's about as "out there" as we have among WCBB coaches.
Maybe, but I know I was gobsmacked when the article about Hillsman came out after the mass transfer exodus happened. Anything is possible.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
And the "hatchet job" that he did on Brian Kelly was basically an article about a 40-something Baton Rouge resident and touches on the fact that Kelly makes as much in a day as the average person in the area makes in a year.

Reaction Score
And the "hatchet job" that he did on Brian Kelly was basically an article about a 40-something Baton Rouge resident and touches on the fact that Kelly makes as much in a day as the average person in the area makes in a year.

I went searching for this article once she brought it up. What was so bizarre to me was how strongly she felt about an article wasn’t really attacking Kelly at all. Once I finished reading it yesterday, I was left thinking why would she be so bothered by the article’s content?

I’m interested to see what this particular piece targets because I don’t think she’s ever been this proactive in terms of defending herself.

Reaction Score
I went searching for this article once she brought it up. What was so bizarre to me was how strongly she felt about an article wasn’t really attacking Kelly at all. Once I finished reading it yesterday, I was left thinking why would she be so bothered by the article’s content?

I’m interested to see what this particular piece targets because I don’t think she’s ever been this proactive in terms of defending herself.

She's just characterizing the writer as unreliable and telling her base he's against them.

I see South Carolina is already getting dragged into it by LSU boards.

Reaction Score

99% of people won’t dig up the old article, so all they will know is that this guy writes hit pieces

As any political analyst will tell you, you want to define your opponent before they can define themselves. And she has made this into a “don’t trust the evil media who make up stuff and just want to get clicks.”

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
99% of people won’t dig up the old article, so all they will know is that this guy writes hit pieces

As any political analyst will tell you, you want to define your opponent before they can define themselves. And she has made this into a “don’t trust the evil media who make up stuff and just want to get clicks.”
So one more reason to doubt her credibility about literally anything that matters. It's insane to me how much folks will look the other way as long as they get the W.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

Wondering if this is a classic case of reading the headline & lede, and not much else, somewhat of a flyby that many folks do on social media, where they comment w/o reading the whole article.

Reaction Score
From a strictly coaching aspect, obviously Mulkey is a very good coach.

Unfortunately I don’t have much positive to speak on regarding her character as a person.

LSU fans and admins won’t care no matter what it is. Maybe it will turn off some recruits, but that’s it. People will still play for her regardless. (I’ll stay quiet on my opinions on that front.)
Why are you impugning her character?

Reaction Score
I'm curious, too. Now. What could there possibly be about Kim Mulkey that we don't already know? She's about as "out there" as we have among WCBB coaches.
I don't know anything about what this story is about, but regardless of what program it might happen to, I suspect we are in a difficult period where NIL deals will test the character of many programs. Rightly or wrongly high profile programs can now make significant monetary pitches to star players, at least indirectly.

With anything new there are probably some grey areas, regarding what is allowed and what isn't, and with the ability to buy a fast tract to a recruit or star in the portal, temptation will be there, and I am pretty sure some programs will get caught with their hand in the cookie jar so to speak.

No evidence I'm aware of here, but I think it's only a matter of time before we will start seeing sanctions against programs in the future.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
No evidence I'm aware of here, but I think it's only a matter of time before we will start seeing sanctions against programs in the future.
The NCAA has been completely hands off during this NIL free for all though. What even are the rules? How can they enforce them when there don't appear to be any?

Reaction Score
Now I wonder why she left Baylor for LSU. This isn't going to be pretty no matter what WAPO prints.
Not in the same ball park as this story, but I think Kim left because of jealousy of “top” dog at Baylor. The men’s team won the Natty and they were now the monarchy at the school.
I mean the “story” of going back home to Louisiana is a GOOD one I just think it was much more.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not in the same ball park as this story, but I think Kim left because of jealousy of “top” dog at Baylor. The men’s team won the Natty and they were now the monarchy at the school.
I mean the “story” of going back home to Louisiana is a GOOD one I just think it was much more.
So she went to a school where spring football is a bigger deal than either men's or women's hoops? And baseball is a big thing as well. Not sure that makes any sense.

Reaction Score
So she went to a school where spring football is a bigger deal than either men's or women's hoops? And baseball is a big thing as well. Not sure that makes any sense.
Not close to what I was saying. I am talking basketball, a different sport.

Reaction Score
I don't know anything about what this story is about, but regardless of what program it might happen to, I suspect we are in a difficult period where NIL deals will test the character of many programs. Rightly or wrongly high profile programs can now make significant monetary pitches to star players, at least indirectly.

With anything new there are probably some grey areas, regarding what is allowed and what isn't, and with the ability to buy a fast tract to a recruit or star in the portal, temptation will be there, and I am pretty sure some programs will get caught with their hand in the cookie jar so to speak.

I don’t see how there could be sanctions. NIL is so broad I cant imagine what would get one into trouble.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not close to what I was saying. I am talking basketball, a different sport.
But if she got jealous sharing the spotlight at Baylor, she's gonna get even less of the spotlight at LSU. I'm sure everybody was really excited about the Natty, but football is #1, 2 and 3 on the priority list there.

Reaction Score
But if she got jealous sharing the spotlight at Baylor, she's gonna get even less of the spotlight at LSU. I'm sure everybody was really excited about the Natty, but football is #1, 2 and 3 on the priority list there.
Nobody is denying the idea that football is King at most schools, especially in the South. I like football more. My team in football won the natty… this is apples and oranges.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Well, LSU baseball is a huge deal there, too.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
I am really curious what is in the piece. We already know she is a homophobe and can be vindictive to people she doesn't like. This isn't new news.

As to her complaining about not being given enough time to answer the questions... she would never have answered them anyway, as she already acknowledged she wasn't going to sit down for an interview, due to the "hit" piece on Brian Kelly. Here she goes, playing the victim again.

Also... you can be an amazing, supportive mentor to some players... but also a complete raging b***h to other players. Just because one thing is true doesn't negate the other. Look at Teri McKeever from Cal - one of the most successful female head coaches in women's collegiate swimming. She played favorites and was nice and supportive to the swimmers who did well for her... but was emotionally abusive to those who she did not care for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom