Mulkey story coming? ** ITS HERE | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Mulkey story coming? ** ITS HERE

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It would have been timely yesterday. The day before or day of LSU's game may cause insane fluctuations on the betting lines. So, I don't like the Post's "marketing tactics" if it is day before or day of.

Oh yeah, I don't like Mulkey but I'm gonna be pizzed if this turns out to be just an attack on her socio/political beliefs rather than coaching practices.
She's a public figure; like it or not, her life outside of coaching is fair game.

Reaction Score
The story was on the front page of the WaPo this morning. Not the front page of Sports, the front page of the newspaper. I wonder if that would have happened without Kim's tantrums. There was also a column about the LSU team on the front page of Sports.
I wonder if it made the front page because of Kim's defensive reaction to it and threat to sue. She may have unintentionally turned it into a front page story!

Reaction Score
NIL has only been a thing for the last few years. That wouldn't really explain the decades prior to then. We're talking hundreds of families over the course of her career.
A scholarship to an expensive private university and the thought of a professional bball career was money before NIL.

Reaction Score
This story is not very exciting or eye opening. I don’t think anyone would have thought much of it is she didn’t hype it so much. So dramatic.

Reaction Score
A scholarship to an expensive private university and the thought of a professional bball career was money before NIL.
Maybe so, but it also was an opportunity for an education for those who may not have been able to afford it. Still is for a lot of kids.

And depending on when they attended, it didn't include cost of attendance money some programs offer now. Players still may have had to work a part time job to manage everything. Nor were pro opportunities the same then as they are now, which still aren't always great.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So anticlimactic. Nice piece, but man I was yearning for more…

Reaction Score
You look at Hurley’s team there seems to be a lot more of a repoir together, everyone seems to be on the same page. You can tell he’s had a lot of conversations with Geno with how to deal with pressure and distractions.
Couldn't help but laugh a little bit when reading this part of your post. Are you not familiar with Danny's background?

I wouldn't be surprised if Geno goes or has gone to Danny and his dad for advice.

Reaction Score
Couldn't help but laugh a little bit when reading this part of your post. Are you not familiar with Danny's background?

I wouldn't be surprised if Geno goes or has gone to Danny and his dad for advice.

Hahahaha

There was a well reported story from fall 2022 about both teams travel to Oregon and Hurley /Geno having a long chat on the plane and asking Geno for advice.

Hurley Senior is a great coach, but he’s never coached/recruited in college.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom