Mulkey story coming? ** ITS HERE | The Boneyard

Mulkey story coming? ** ITS HERE

Reaction Score
Pat Forde is a top notch reporter, most recently at SI. This sounds big. And most likely is a Sally Jenkins story.

IMG_6830.jpeg

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Watched a little of today’s game and they look sloppy and bored.

Reaction Score

Nah that’s just a columnist trying to get attention. Nothing newsworthy there.

And if the writer is looking for coaches to hate, about any of the many men’s coaches who have openly cheated like Bill Self Kelvin Sampson Bruce Pearl

Or football coaches like hugh freeze or Bobby petrino who have done even worse

But I appreciate the coverage of WCBB

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't like it. I'm not a fan of either Forde or Mulkey but this isn't right. It's not Forde's story; he's heard there's a story coming out and the implication is it's negative. He's chosen to put it out there on X as if it were breaking news and does so while LSU is playing an NCAAT game. How 'bout let the Washington Post break the news if, in fact, there is news.

Reaction Score
I don’t see the problem. He passed along news … which is what reporters do. And he didn’t scoop the story — he only amplified and increased attention /anticipation.

Btw some of the replies speculating on what it could be are quite entertaining.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I don’t see the problem. He passed along news … which is what reporters do. And he didn’t scoop the story — he only amplified and increased attention /anticipation.

Btw some of the replies speculating on what it could be are quite entertaining.
+1. This is pretty standard. If anything, he's generating hype for WaPo. And if anyone deserves a hit piece, it's Kim. She's had so many opportunities to take the high road over the years, and forcefully declined to do so at every chance.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The funny thing is that no matter how bad this hit piece is, Kim isn’t going to care… LSU admins aren’t going to care.. and LSU fans dang sure aren’t going to care. So who is the target audience here? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The funny thing is that no matter how bad this hit piece is, Kim isn’t going to care… LSU admins aren’t going to care.. and LSU fans dang sure aren’t going to care. So who is the target audience here? :rolleyes:
If they win another NC, no one will care much. But if they suffer an embarrassing loss well short of the Final Four with the SEC POY/All-American, some people will start to chirp (and this article won't help).

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Those of us who want truth, justice, and a Star Wars movie worthy of the original trilogy.... (In other words, people who will never be satisfied on this mortal plane. =))

Reaction Score
I’ve got no beef with Kim. She has a job to do and she does it really well. I imagine LSU hired her to put their WBB program back on the map and she has delivered. She didn’t do it by luck. That took grit and smarts and determination.

If I thought she’d been hired to be a mentor to her players, to prepare them for life after basketball, etc., then I could imagine some criticisms. That is, if we take at face value the complaints of a few former players, like Alexis Morris. But I doubt very much she promised those players anything beyond a scholarship and a chance to play on a national contender. I could even praise her for taking on some of the most difficult players. As Kim herself said, “I’m not afraid of personalities.”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm kind of mixed on Mulkey. She has had some very cringing moments in her career, but I'm inclined to believe she's one of the better coaches than the game today. Typically she's pretty respectful about our program.

Reaction Score
From a strictly coaching aspect, obviously Mulkey is a very good coach.

Unfortunately I don’t have much positive to speak on regarding her character as a person.

LSU fans and admins won’t care no matter what it is. Maybe it will turn off some recruits, but that’s it. People will still play for her regardless. (I’ll stay quiet on my opinions on that front.)

Reaction Score

Kim has hired a law firm.

I hope she hasn’t paid them much. These sorts of lawsuits don’t usually succeed in preventing a story, and getting damages is very unlikely. I hope there’s nothing to this story because no one in WBB needs the distraction, not just Kim.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Washington Post brought down Richard Nixon, and they can’t bring down Kim Mulkey?
Bring her down? As long as Kim keeps on winning I don’t see the Post or anyone else bringing her down. She’s good at what she does and LSU (and their fans) will want her to keep doing it. I suppose it could give WCBB some bad publicity.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about her statement over dinner, and I think what she DIDN'T say speaks volumes. She never talked about the questions that were being asked. She never said they were false or misleading. She only whined about the tactics being used to gather the information and tried to discredit the media.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom