Moriah

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Had an excellent game in a losing cause against Chicago`
8-13 (2-4) for 20 points
5 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals...filling up the sheet.

And most impressive...almost don't know how she did it
She and Kayla both played 33 minutes
Moriah was a +10
Kayla was a -2

And it looks like Ms Diggins is back (20 points in a winning effort)
I, for one, am pleased by that.

Reaction Score
The Stars might not become a good team this season, but they've at least got a good foundation, especially now that Moriah is starting to look...Moriah-like. :p One can build something off of a Jefferson-McBride backcourt. Maybe just another piece or two away from being good.

The Wings, as msf22b points out, are a much more formidable team now that Diggins is looking like her old self again. Look for them to make a decent accounting of themselves from this point forward.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Aaaand, bringing the discussion back to Moriah...

UConn's Moriah Jefferson Learning To Accept Losing In WNBA

750x422

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I'm thinking ... since the Sun need another fast guard and the Stars need help in the front court, could a trade get done in which the Sun send Kelsey Bone to the Stars for Danielle Robinson? It wouldn't help until next year (since Robinson is out this year with an injury), but with Moriah and Kayla McBride in their backcourt, the Stars would have Robinson coming off the bench next year, and I don't think that is what she wants or deserves. And it would bring Bone back to her home state.

Bone is a talented player, but she is not fitting in with this coach, this team, or this offense. Jonquel Jones seems like a better long-term bet at center, and I think there is enough capability in the players around her to keep the Sun rolling in the front court.

Reaction Score
Mo is really coming along in her rookie season, she will be a big star in the coming years. I wish the Storm would trade Loyd for Mo. In my opium Both Loyd and McBride are not the team players that Mo is. I would love to see Morgan, Mo and Stewie back together some how some day soon. I can dream can't I.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Mo is really coming along in her rookie season, she will be a big star in the coming years. I wish the Storm would trade Loyd for Mo. In my opium Both Loyd and McBride are not the team players that Mo is. I would love to see Morgan, Mo and Stewie back together some how some day soon. I can dream can't I.

Seattle already has a good point guard. I think you've probably heard of her.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Had an excellent game in a losing cause against Chicago`
8-13 (2-4) for 20 points
5 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals...filling up the sheet.

And most impressive...almost don't know how she did it
She and Kayla both played 33 minutes
Moriah was a +10
Kayla was a -2

And it looks like Ms Diggins is back (20 points in a winning effort)
I, for one, am pleased by that.

I was at the game. Moriah was very impressive. This is the second time I have seen her in person. The first time was against DePaul. She impressed me more this time, actually. Her change of pace was breathtaking - it's an impressive feat to repeatedly blow by Jamierra Faulkner, who is one of the fastest players in the league, and she did it.

One particular play amused me. Chicago was trying to run a handoff between Delle Donne and Vandersloot, probably halfway between the arc and halfcourt. Most defenders would just let it happen. Jefferson decided to try to deny Sloot the handoff. Sloot showed for it but Mo was right on her so EDD held the ball. Sloot cuts back and makes another pass by EDD, but Mo is still too tight. Sloot cuts back again and makes a 3rd pass by EDD. Mo is still on her and finally Sloot throws her hands up mutters something in frustration (I'm guessing a curse word) and EDD just has to freelance something. Chicago still scored so I'm not sure how useful it actually was, but it just goes to show how she never stops.

K-mac is a streaky shooter and she was off last night. It's a shame for the Stars because Delle Donne was off in the 1st half (then very, very good in the 2nd) and if K-mac had hit a couple the Stars could have perhaps built a lead. K-mac is a little miscast with these Stars. I think she is best off the ball, coming off screens or spotting up for shots. This team is starved for talent and many possessions they just need someone to put up a shot. This leads to K-mac forcing up lots of low percentage shots.

Bottom line, K-Mac and Jefferson are a good start but they need a LOT of help. Peters might be a nice piece, Hamby is ok as a bench player. That's about it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm thinking ... since the Sun need another fast guard and the Stars need help in the front court, could a trade get done in which the Sun send Kelsey Bone to the Stars for Danielle Robinson? It wouldn't help until next year (since Robinson is out this year with an injury), but with Moriah and Kayla McBride in their backcourt, the Stars would have Robinson coming off the bench next year, and I don't think that is what she wants or deserves. And it would bring Bone back to her home state.

Bone is a talented player, but she is not fitting in with this coach, this team, or this offense. Jonquel Jones seems like a better long-term bet at center, and I think there is enough capability in the players around her to keep the Sun rolling in the front court.

How about this trade ....... send Robinson to NY for Stokes. The Liberty need a PG...... and sending Stokes to San Antonio would provide them with a defensive anchor and rebounder in the middle. Wouldn't really help so much with their scoring problems though.

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yes, and some kinds of dreams are more realistic than others.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Bottom line, K-Mac and Jefferson are a good start but they need a LOT of help. Peters might be a nice piece, Hamby is ok as a bench player. That's about it.

You need to put some respeck on Mo Currie's name :mad:

I think Currie still has some gas left in the tank.... would love her to be sent to a contending team that could use some veteran punch off the bench.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
You need to put some respeck on Mo Currie's name :mad:

I think Currie still has some gas left in the tank.... would love her to be sent to a contending team that could use some veteran punch off the bench.

I almost mentioned Currie - she was solid last night. But I was thinking more about players that will be a part of their long term rebuilding project.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Love Sue but I am afraid she is at the end of her storied career.

As well as she is playing this year, I think if they get a couple more decent players, they may have a window to make some noise with her, Stewart, and Loyd leading the way.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sue is near the end of her career, but she is still very capable. Still the best PG in the world. MoJeff may be next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom