Morgan Tuck | The Boneyard

Morgan Tuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe that we lost last year because we did not have a true power forward. with the arrival of Ms. Tuck I think we have filled that void. I am not posting this to degrade anyone. I am just referring to her size build and ability. She reminds me of a combo of Cash and Jones. The size to go up against bigger players and get the rebound and the efficiency of motion to score quickly. She can create her own shot in traffic with a quick dribble move. She will impress everyone this year. I have not seen her in person but have watched videos on youtube and have read some articles about her.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO Morgan has been way under rated in this recruiting class. By the end of the season Morgan will be the critical player coming off the bench or who knows she might be starting in place of Kelly.

Breanna will be a star but it will be Morgan that will be doing all the dirty work on the boards getting key rebounds and scoring in close. What's also great is Morgan has a three point shot that should also open up the middle for other players to score.

Presuming no injuries, Morgan will be an All American by her junior year if not earlier.

Reaction Score
There is no doubt Tuck will help solidify an already unbeatable rotation.
But our small, 4 guard lineup was the reason we were the best in the country defensively !
GO UCONN

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We have a bunch of players who could be AAs. We have 3 players this year on the all BE team. We may have more before the season is over. This may be the first time in UConn WCBB history that we dont have bench warmers. Every kid on the roster can play and will get play time. As far as Tuck she is just one of many stars on this team and theyre all great ball players. Its hard for me when I look at the roster to find a player who couldnt start. Tuck will be an AA at some point. Right now I would like to see her on the BE team at seasons end.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
IMHO Morgan has been way under rated in this recruiting class. By the end of the season Morgan will be the critical player coming off the bench or who knows she might be starting in place of Kelly.

Breanna will be a star but it will be Morgan that will be doing all the dirty work on the boards getting key rebounds and scoring in close. What's also great is Morgan has a three point shot that should also open up the middle for other players to score.

Presuming no injuries, Morgan will be an All American by her junior year if not earlier.
Morgan is terrific and going to be terrific for UCONN for 4 years. But she'd be starting in place of KML were she to be in the starting lineup, and I think it's unlikely she will start over the kid who's #1/2 in her class and a year ahead. Not trying to dampen enthusiasm for what Morgan brings to the table, but I don't see her starting till her junior year (sophomore year i see starters of Moriah, Bria, KML, Bree and Stef).

As for under rated, Blue Star had her at 9, HG at 6, ASGR at 4 and Peach State at 4. that puts her "rating" averaged about at 5-6'ish. I think she was far far better than the 15 HG had her at for a long while, but it's hard to say she's been under rated. She's also been one of the top performers on every US National team she's been on. I think she's gotten her due praise.

As a side note on Morgan, any one recall the McD AA game? Not only did Morgan score about 18 points, but the reason Breanna was held scoreless in the first half was because Morgan guarded her the entire time.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Juxtaposed in this morning's Boneyard fare is an accomplished Big East coach who thinks Faris is one of the top five players in the conference and a UConn fan who thinks she may not start by the end of the year. I'd give the nod to the coach here, with a concession that we are going to be loaded.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Juxtaposed in this morning's Boneyard fare is an accomplished Big East coach who thinks Faris is one of the top five players in the conference and a UConn fan who thinks she may not start by the end of the year. I'd give the nod to the coach here, with a concession that we are going to be loaded.
Yes - I think Kelly just brings too much to the table for her not to start. She sets the tone on defense and she is a great complimentary player on offense - she may be our best entry passer into the post, and while not a scoring machine she has her moments.

Reaction Score
Kelly Faris starts every game she is healthy ! This year is going to be a little different than previous years because we have so much more talent to work with. Not just regular talent, but top 5 talent everywhere. Just think in terms of minutes. Every player that is not in Geno's doghouse will see substantial minutes.

Like a previous poster said... Kelly just brings so much versatility, knowledge, experience, and leadership that she just has to start !
GO UCONN

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Nice to see folks jumping on the bandwagon.
Now we can anticipate the pleasure of seeing this gifted young woman (and all the others) perform

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I can't wait for two things....the first game, of course, and for the folks that are dissing Kelly Faris and what she brings to the table as a SENIOR by suggesting that a freshman will start over her to STOP - or just to keep it to themselves...

Morgan Tuck, you are going to be awesome, if not already and I cannot wait to see you play. Learn as much as you can from Kelly - you on'y get her for one year!!!

Reaction Score
Im EXTREMELY excited to see this years UCONN team! I have always had a dislike for UCONN being a Big Orange fanatic but this is one year where Im really excited to see what UCONN will bring to the table...my friends and i are HUGE WCBB fans and I talk their heads off about Tenn every year but this year its been diff....they even asked me did i need to go to the hospital I was talking about UCONN's team so much! lol But with regards to the post......im more excited than ANYTHING to see Ms Tuck play some basketball....I havent been this excited to see a player play since Candance's days, I really think this is the year UCONN gets number 8! :confused: Very happy and excited for yall! Pleaseeeeeee beat Baylor! lol

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Im EXTREMELY excited to see this years UCONN team! I have always had a dislike for UCONN being a Big Orange fanatic but this is one year where Im really excited to see what UCONN will bring to the table...my friends and i are HUGE WCBB fans and I talk their heads off about Tenn every year but this year its been diff....they even asked me did i need to go to the hospital I was talking about UCONN's team so much! lol But with regards to the post......im more excited than ANYTHING to see Ms Tuck play some basketball....I havent been this excited to see a player play since Candance's days, I really think this is the year UCONN gets number 8! :confused: Very happy and excited for yall! Pleaseeeeeee beat Baylor! lol
I'm sorry, but you simply cannot be a Tennesee fan. It's just not computing for me lol. ;)

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Phew! First those baffling points of emphasis, then the conflicting complaints about Dolson and fouls, now a Tennessee fan is going gaga over UConn? I feel like I entered the Twilight Zone when I came onto the Boneyard today.

I know, I know, some folks probably feel like they enter the Twilight Zone every time they come on the Boneyard.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I have continually been praising Morgan Tuck for years. I have seen many of her games here in Chicago and she is the real deal. I am expecting great things from her....

I think this bench for UCONN could be one of the best ever......

The second 5 could be a top 10 team and to play against each other everyday in practice is only gonna make them better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom