More roster moves | The Boneyard

More roster moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Dez ~

Linebacker Jerome Williams and defensive back Chris Lopes intend to transfer after the spring semester. Though they are on scholarship they are not considered a part of the team anymore and are not on the roster. Linebacker Matt Edwards and tight end Corey Manning are graduating in May and will not be back next season. Both would have been redshirt seniors.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Does losing those two transfers increase our recruiting size cap for this year?

Reaction Score
Per Dez ~

Linebacker Jerome Williams and defensive back Chris Lopes intend to transfer after the spring semester. Though they are on scholarship they are not considered a part of the team anymore and are not on the roster. Linebacker Matt Edwards and tight end Corey Manning are graduating in May and will not be back next season. Both would have been redshirt seniors.
Disappointed to hear about Jerome Williams. Looks like Ryan Donahue becomes that much more of a valuable addition. Not that surprised about the other 3. A little disappointed about Manning. We do not have much depth at TE. Does this mean we may be seeing a few extra recruits on signing day. It is always nice to get a surprise or two.

Reaction Score

What it probably does is assures us the 25 spots will be available for this class.

Reaction Score

Yes and no. The two limits are 25 entering in one class, and no more than 85 on the roster at any time. So it helps with the 85, but you still have the 25 limit (although those who entered this spring don't count towards that).

Reaction Score
Yes and no. The two limits are 25 entering in one class, and no more than 85 on the roster at any time. So it helps with the 85, but you still have the 25 limit (although those who entered this spring don't count towards that).

And as for the transfers coming in...I would imagine they do not count against the 25, but do against the 85...yes? That is how we could end up with such a huge class arriving for next season.

Reaction Score
And as for the transfers coming in...I would imagine they do not count against the 25, but do against the 85...yes? That is how we could end up with such a huge class arriving for next season.

If they're here this spring, I know they don't count towards the 25 with the recruiting class being announced this week. I don't know whether McNeil would count or not when he shows up in the fall as an upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
If they're here this spring, I know they don't count towards the 25 with the recruiting class being announced this week. I don't know whether McNeil would count or not when he shows up in the fall as an upperclassmen.

Thanks...one other question for you, regarding the early, non-transfer, enrollees. As I understand it, they count towards the 2011 class. Does that mean that we could only accept as many this spring as we had slots left over from last fall? It's a nice strategy to utilize if you have the opportunity numbers-wise and players eligible to enroll.

Reaction Score
Thanks...one other question for you, regarding the early, non-transfer, enrollees. As I understand it, they count towards the 2011 class. Does that mean that we could only accept as many this spring as we had slots left over from last fall? It's a nice strategy to utilize if you have the opportunity numbers-wise and players eligible to enroll.

If you had 25 enter in the fall, and none of them left at the end of the semester, you could not bring in a freshman in the spring. I don't think transfers count towards the 25, however, just the 85 (but I'm not sure of that).,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom