more names | Page 3 | The Boneyard

more names

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
BL, I think the 'Wow' was for this part of his post:

Today everything is an arrest. Arrest him. Come back in an hour and arrest her.

pj

Reaction Score
Re Jim Tressel:

[The NCAA] imposed a five-year show-cause penalty on Tressel, which means any NCAA member that wants to hire him would have to "show cause" for why it shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, and could face severe penalties if he commits any further violations during that time. The order stands until December 19, 2016; given past precedent, it will likely have the effect of blackballing Tressel from the coaching ranks until the 2017 season. If Tressel ever coaches again during this period, he will be suspended for the first five games of the regular season, plus any conference championship game or bowl game.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Re Jim Tressel:

thanks pj

that doesn't scare me, get him warde!!! could u imagine him and DB on the sideline together. drool

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Anyone suggesting Petrino is nuts.

He's toxic. And it has nothing to do with him banging an intern or having an affair.

He's toxic because the was screwing a lower level employee who he set up a plum job in the athletic dept and broke a ton of state laws on hiring personnel, sexual harrassment and lied to the AD and BoT over it.

The lessons from Miami, OSU and PSU (and everywhere not named UNC) is that it isn't breaking a rule or two here or there. It's that lower and mid-level athletic department personnel are making decisions and covering up screw ups that cost AD's, university presidents and trusetees their jobs and opens up the universities to multi-million dollar lawsuits.

Even down here in SEC country, people are saying it's at least 5 years before Petrino can get a foot in the door anywhere.

And, after the way he bailed on the Falcons, it's gonna be a lifetime before he sees another NFL job.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I have a feeling that TDH would blow a gasket if this tidbit came out:

While working as Dick MacPherson's OC at Syracuse, coach Mac called the booth with a profanity laced tirade asking Tressel if he had any passes in his playbook. Tressel responded: "I have plenty of pass plays and if they ever stop our running game I will start calling some!".

Reaction Score
jeff brohm(lville)
david clowson(tenn)
randy clements(baylor)
ralf fridge(former MD coach)
bryan harsin(bsu)
taylor trooper(okst)

how about;
Willie Taggart (W. Kentucky)
Rick Stockstill (Middle Tennessee)
Tim Beckman (Toledo)

Reaction Score
Anyone suggesting Petrino is nuts.

He's toxic. And it has nothing to do with him banging an intern or having an affair.

He's toxic because the was screwing a lower level employee who he set up a plum job in the athletic dept and broke a ton of state laws on hiring personnel, sexual harrassment and lied to the AD and BoT over it.

The lessons from Miami, OSU and PSU (and everywhere not named UNC) is that it isn't breaking a rule or two here or there. It's that lower and mid-level athletic department personnel are making decisions and covering up screw ups that cost AD's, university presidents and trusetees their jobs and opens up the universities to multi-million dollar lawsuits.

Even down here in SEC country, people are saying it's at least 5 years before Petrino can get a foot in the door anywhere.

And, after the way he bailed on the Falcons, it's gonna be a lifetime before he sees another NFL job.

While we all get sanctimonious about other people's affairs, this post is dead on. It's not the affair -- it's the fact that he used the state payroll to satisfy his personal desires. And that is not a small matter.

Petrino will have a hard time getting hired because his mistakes will cause the AD who hires him to get fired. Whether he wins football games or not.

Reaction Score
I've already stated that the moment Petrino is a coach here is the moment I cancel my season tickets and pledge. That simple.

That man has poisioned every institution with which he's been involved.

Reaction Score
Re Jim Tressel:

The NCAA] imposed a five-year show-cause penalty on Tressel, which means any NCAA member that wants to hire him would have to "show cause" for why it shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, and could face severe penalties if he commits any further violations during that time. The order stands until December 19, 2016; given past precedent, it will likely have the effect of blackballing Tressel from the coaching ranks until the 2017 season. If Tressel ever coaches again during this period, he will be suspended for the first five games of the regular season, plus any conference championship game or bowl game.

thanks pj

that **** doesn't scare me, get him warde!!! could u imagine him and DB on the sideline together. drool

Dude... are you texting from Hallbrooke or CT Valley Hospital? With the scrutiny the MBB program is under, you want to flip Emmert the bird and hire Tressel?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The NCAA] imposed a five-year show-cause penalty on Tressel, which means any NCAA member that wants to hire him would have to "show cause" for why it shouldn't be sanctioned for hiring him, and could face severe penalties if he commits any further violations during that time. The order stands until December 19, 2016; given past precedent, it will likely have the effect of blackballing Tressel from the coaching ranks until the 2017 season. If Tressel ever coaches again during this period, he will be suspended for the first five games of the regular season, plus any conference championship game or bowl game.

Dude... are you texting from Hallbrooke or CT Valley Hospital? With the scrutiny the MBB program is under, you want to flip Emmert the bird and hire Tressel?

we already flipped him the bird. we won a ship and then got ad the next year and got around his bs sanctions. this school is about it when it comes to bball, time to be about it in fball.

Reaction Score
First, lets agree that in the end, money talks. We can get almost anyone if we can pay. But we're a state school, with limitations. BC can spend whatever they want. If we're competing for the same guy--we lose.
What in heavens name are you talking about? We have an athletic budget of around $64 million per year and BC is close to that, too. We really don't have any more limits in hiring than they do. Maybe fewer.

Reaction Score
While we all get sanctimonious about other people's affairs, this post is dead on. It's not the affair -- it's the fact that he used the state payroll to satisfy his personal desires. And that is not a small matter.

Petrino will have a hard time getting hired because his mistakes will cause the AD who hires him to get fired. Whether he wins football games or not.
for the most part I agree with your sentiment. But, the guy builds winning programs so someone will give him a chance at some point. Just a matter of when.
As for Tressel, I would take a chance on him. That's the type of risk I'd be willing to take.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm being biased, but Greg Roman would be an excellent choice. He's the current offensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers and held the same position under Jim Harbaugh at Stanford. Relatively young guy who wants to be a head coach badly. He interviewed for the Penn State job last year and was apparently a finalist. I can just about guarantee that someone is going to give him a HC job after this season and I think he would be a great fit.

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/roman_greg00.html

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
You thought the APR penalty was a raw deal? Wait till UConn hires Tressell or Petrino.

Besides that, both of those two are known LIARS. They lied to their ADs, they lied to the media, they lied to the public, and at least in Tressell's case they lied to the NCAA. I don't want liars of that caliber anywhere near UConn. I want UConn to win but not at those costs.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm being biased, but Greg Roman would be an excellent choice. He's the current offensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers and held the same position under Jim Harbaugh at Stanford. Relatively young guy who wants to be a head coach badly. He interviewed for the Penn State job last year and was apparently a finalist. I can just about guarantee that someone is going to give him a HC job after this season and I think he would be a great fit.

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/roman_greg00.html

This is not bad, but someone that hot who was a finalist ar PSU likely wouldn't stay here long if he had any success. You'd need to start working on the next guy almost immediately.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Tressel? If it could work. Petrino? Definitely. Bring in a couple 11-2 or 10-3 seasons and they could lie to us all they want (heck, tell us we're on a course to the NC and time is the only variable). As the old song says "If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right". ;)

Reaction Score
Warde Manuel and OSU AD Gene Smith are VERY good friends. I'm sure Warde knows ALL about Jim Tressel.....that is definitely an interesting name though!

Reaction Score
This is not bad, but someone that hot who was a finalist ar PSU likely wouldn't stay here long if he had any success. You'd need to start working on the next guy almost immediately.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
I don't think that should be the mentality, though. We need to hire a guy who will give us immediate success and worry about him leaving when that time comes. Should we really settle for a lesser candidate if there's a better chance he might stay longer?

Reaction Score
UL Monroe guy has them playing offense. His career was going good until the head coach at Army gig. They know how to play offense. If it's really his OC making things happen then look at that guy to join the staff in some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom