david clowson(tenn)
randy clements(baylor)
ralf fridge(former MD coach)
bryan harsin(bsu)
taylor trooper(okst)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One thing I was thinking is that if you (or your avatar) gets its way and DB is promoted, his former boss (Fridge) may be a realistic hire as OC.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
One thing I was thinking is that if you (or your avatar) gets its way and DB is promoted, his former boss (Fridge) may be a realistic hire as OC.

i would cream my pants if that happened

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
BOBBY PETRINO

im not sure we can touch him. if this school wasn't willing to touch leach or rod then i'm not sure...if u remember back then i was this out of control for leach. hell i even did up his wiki page. but it never was to be... u could say tho his son i think is a oc at ark...could be a name to watch.

Reaction Score
im not sure we can touch him. if this school wasn't willing to touch leach or rod then i'm not sure...if u remember back then i was this out of control for leach. hell i even did up his wiki page. but it never was to be... u could say tho his son i think is a oc at ark...could be a name to watch.

Screw the sanctimony. UConn needs to land one of these dudes. I really don't care about the baggage. What I care about is that UConn- a program I was proud of for growing up so fast - is now an embarrassment.

Reaction Score
Harsin is at Texas now but I see he is the "co-offensive coordinator" with Major Applewhite. So perhaps Harsin will be available next year?

Reaction Score
Screw the sanctimony. UConn needs to land one of these dudes. I really don't care about the baggage. What I care about is that UConn- a program I was proud of for growing up so fast - is now an embarrassment.

Agreed-really need some big name recognition. Someone with some fire. Throw the money at Petrino and bring him in

Reaction Score

Suppose you were okay w/ playing LM today as well?

Reaction Score
Here's a name we could look at Sonny Dykes down at La Tech. Great recruiter and great offensive mind. Fairly young too.

Reaction Score
Here's a name we could look at Sonny Dykes down at La Tech. Great recruiter and great offensive mind. Fairly young too.

Good one...He's done a terrific job at La Tech, they are a real fun team to watch...He probably would be considered for an SEC opening though (Arkansas) at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
University of Tulsa

During the 2007 season Malzahn emerged as one of the premier offensive coordinators in the nation, as Tulsa ranked 1st in the nation in total yards per game, ahead of Texas Tech and Hawaiʻi, and with a more balanced attack than both teams. The Golden Hurricane also ranked 3rd in the nation in passing and led their conference in scoring. Tulsa became the first team in NCAA history to have a 5,000-yard passer, a 1,000-yard rusher and three 1,000-yard receivers in a single season.[

Gus Malzahn is another good candidate...

Reaction Score
All those names are great. But if they have any kind of success at Uconn they will be gone in a couple years. Kind of like all the Charlie Strong rumors. Id rather have a coach that will be around for 10-15 years.

Reaction Score
enjoying watching this thread develop and the group's research. Seeing some names that sent me to Google. Maybe next search how about the BY getting the $50K 'consulting fee'. . . .seriously, for the next search, that's the first place to save money. A good AD will know where to go

I would take the football side of Petrino's brain in a heartbeat. Unfortunately it's the other side of his brain that he thinks with that disqualifies him from this job. No question he'll be a head coach again, but not above the Mason-Dixon line and especially by a school whose president is a woman

Reaction Score
I'd like to see how Herm Edwards would fare as a college coach. He'd probably be able to recruit some big time players. And remember you Play to win the game. ;-)

Reaction Score
I'd like to see how Herm Edwards would fare as a college coach. He'd probably be able to recruit some big time players. And remember you Play to win the game. ;-)

oh, good god, that would be a blast!!

Reaction Score
Still liked Whipple.

I would not complain if he came in. He is currently the qb coach for the Cleveland Browns. I am sure he would get out of their in an instant.

Successful previous head coaching experience. Ties to the area.

Reaction Score
Suppose you were okay w/ playing LM today as well?

In the old days, the cops would have told LM & girl to knock it off and don't make 'em have to come back. Today everything is an arrest. Arrest him. Come back in an hour and arrest her. And , for their part stupid childish behavior.

Reaction Score
In the old days, the cops would have told LM & girl to knock it off and don't make 'em have to come back. Today everything is an arrest. Arrest him. Come back in an hour and arrest her. And , for their part stupid childish behavior.

Wow.

Reaction Score
I would not complain if he came in. He is currently the qb coach for the Cleveland Browns. I am sure he would get out of their in an instant.

Successful previous head coaching experience. Ties to the area.

That'd be PP Part II. Let's forget about the old New England & Connecticut retreads. Let's go out and get somebody successful elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom