More Good News for Rutgers | The Boneyard

More Good News for Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
These incidents don't even make me blink an eye anymore. We recruited a,kid who sold child or something along those lines. You recruit 85 kids onto a roster with turnover every year and some are bound to be less than ideal,citizens.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yet another reason this conference realignment stuff sucks. I can't even enjoy a thread like this. All I can think when I read this is "yeah but they are in the B1G and we are in the AARP or whatever it's called".

Sigh.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
H
Yet another reason this conference realignment stuff sucks. I can't even enjoy a thread like this. All I can think when I read this is "yeah but they are in the B1G and we are in the AARP or whatever it's called".

Sigh.
Hey, watch it! Some of us are or could be in the AARP, and we resent the comparison.

Reaction Score
I stopped watching the NFL about 10 years ago because so many players got arrested day in and day out and turned to the college game instead. Now I think the college game is worse with regards to the number of arrests. It's just sad.

Reaction Score
I stopped watching the NFL about 10 years ago because so many players got arrested day in and day out and turned to the college game instead. Now I think the college game is worse with regards to the number of arrests. It's just sad.

I agree with the first part of your statement, but the number of teams/players in college make the second (college game being worse) all but a sure thing. 125+ teams with 85+ players each, vs 32 teams with 53+ players. The numbers suggest it couldn't really be any other way.
Add to that the fact that the kids are younger, less mature, and often from less than ideal home situations, and it's almost a win that it doesn't happen more often.

I realize that's a cynical approach, but i'm not really sure the game or the people have changed so much, but the number of 24 hour news outlets has gone up about a billion percent, so we hear about it so much more now.

I still think ,depending on your viewing angle, the college game is has a much smaller problem.

Reaction Score
I agree with the first part of your statement, but the number of teams/players in college make the second (college game being worse) all but a sure thing. 125+ teams with 85+ players each, vs 32 teams with 53+ players. The numbers suggest it couldn't really be any other way.
Add to that the fact that the kids are younger, less mature, and often from less than ideal home situations, and it's almost a win that it doesn't happen more often.

I realize that's a cynical approach, but i'm not really sure the game or the people have changed so much, but the number of 24 hour news outlets has gone up about a billion percent, so we hear about it so much more now.

I still think ,depending on your viewing angle, the college game is has a much smaller problem.
I'm sick and tired of the "growing up in a bad situation" excuse. Not attacking you personally. I'm not so please don't take it that way. I had one heck of a time in college and was an athlete. I never ever got in trouble with the law. It's not that hard to obey they laws of the land. Let's remember these kids get a fre education and the pro players get millions upon millions of dollars to play a sport. I'd give ,y left leg to do that and make the money they do. To stay out of trouble is not that hard of a thing to ask. Just my too cents.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
H

Hey, watch it! Some of us are or could be in the AARP, and we resent the comparison.
I've been a card carrying AARP member for a while. If only the AAC were as strong as AARP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom