More fuel but getting close to putting on "The End" by the Doors | The Boneyard

More fuel but getting close to putting on "The End" by the Doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...-hope-join-sec-had-wanted-big-ten-invite-most

University of Oklahoma president David Boren told ESPN.com Wednesday he believes it's "50-50" Missouri leaves the Big 12 for the SEC.

"We'll be fine either way," said Boren, reaffirming Oklahoma's position of committing to the Big 12.
Asked about a timetable for adding new members to the Big 12, Boren said it could happen in a "week to 10 days."
"There are three or four good choices out there," he said.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...-hope-join-sec-had-wanted-big-ten-invite-most

University of Oklahoma president David Boren told ESPN.com Wednesday he believes it's "50-50" Missouri leaves the Big 12 for the SEC.

"We'll be fine either way," said Boren, reaffirming Oklahoma's position of committing to the Big 12.
Asked about a timetable for adding new members to the Big 12, Boren said it could happen in a "week to 10 days."
"There are three or four good choices out there," he said.
Your title is keeping people from looking at this thread.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Reading an article the other day, Tier I and II equal revenue sharing takes effect when all 9 Big XII schools sign off on it. Not sure but I don't think Mizzou signed off on it. It'll be interesting if the Big XII strong arms Missouri and gives them an ultimatum. "You're either in or out?"

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Reading an article the other day, Tier I and II equal revenue sharing takes effect when all 9 Big XII schools sign off on it. Not sure but I don't think Mizzou signed off on it. It'll be interesting if the Big XII strong arms Missouri and gives them an ultimatum. "You're either in or out?"
They are out. So the Big XII adds schools and Rick Pitino declares Louisville leaves because of UConn.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It sucks beyond belief that the Big East is going to lose teams to the Big 12. The Big 12 occupies a bunch of emptying plains states and Texas, and doesn't even have Texas to itself. The Big 12 has lost its 3 largest non-Texas markets (Denver, St. Louis, KC) in the last 2 years, plus its #2 Texas school. It is unbelievable that the Big East will lose to this league. A failure of leadership.

Reaction Score
It sucks beyond belief that the Big East is going to lose teams to the Big 12. The Big 12 occupies a bunch of emptying plains states and Texas, and doesn't even have Texas to itself. The Big 12 has lost its 3 largest non-Texas markets (Denver, St. Louis, KC) in the last 2 years, plus its #2 Texas school. It is unbelievable that the Big East will lose to this league. A failure of leadership.

Yes. Purely leadership. Nothing to do with they have Texas and Oklahoma and the Big East doesn't. LOL.

Reaction Score

True, but you sum up nicely why the B12 should grab all the Big East teams and go to 16. A bunch of dust bowl teams getting lots of tv time in the East. Why the merger and 16 teams isn't on their agenda (if it isn't) is beyond me. A B12 East and West has got to be better than what they will end up with because it can offer long term stability.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yes. Purely leadership. Nothing to do with they have Texas and Oklahoma and the Big East doesn't. LOL.

Texas pulls out more than their fair share from the league. They make sure of that. Given that Oklahoma shopped themselves to the Pac 12, Big 10, and SEC and had no takers, we have a sense of their relative value.

No, you are right. The Big East and its members' leadership has been top notch throughout this process.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
True, but you sum up nicely why the B12 should grab all the Big East teams and go to 16. A bunch of dust bowl teams getting lots of tv time in the East. Why the merger and 16 teams isn't on their agenda (if it isn't) is beyond me. A B12 East and West has got to be better than what they will end up with because it can offer long term stability.

You are right. That should be a layup, but the Big East has to at least pretend to cooperate for 2 weeks to pull if off and that is out of the question.

Reaction Score

My assumption would be that Texas doesn't feel like sharing its TV revenue equally (even if only the Top 2 Tiers) with UConn and Rutgers. That's really shocking? The bigger question to me is why they'd want to share it with TCU and Louisville. By the way -- with TCU having lost its magic, is there really anything about their program that should make anyone think they are ever going to have another run like they've had the last few years?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
My assumption would be that Texas doesn't feel like sharing its TV revenue equally (even if only the Top 2 Tiers) with UConn and Rutgers. That's really shocking? The bigger question to me is why they'd want to share it with TCU and Louisville. By the way -- with TCU having lost its magic, is there really anything about their program that should make anyone think they are ever going to have another run like they've had the last few years?

If your theory is right, and Texas is subsidizing everyone, why wasn't the Pac 12 willing to give Texas the same deal they were getting in the Big 12? Could it be that ESPN priced the LHN into their Big 12 bid? Nooooo, businesslawyer believes Texas is subsidizing everyone.

Reaction Score
You are right. That should be a layup, but the Big East has to at least pretend to cooperate for 2 weeks to pull if off and that is out of the question.

Why? If Texas, Oklahoma and Nievas thought they could make more money for their schools by taking all 7 Big East football schools, they don't know whom to call? They can't offer them individually on the condition that at least some number accept, and agree to tie up there TV rights so they can't leave easilly, within a week? What cooperation?

Reaction Score

One thing that might make it work is the 27 months exit notice. If all the FB schools merge with the B12, they might be able to lift that and let all of us go at once. I think it would make a lot of sense for B12 and BE schools to merge and call it a day. It will provide stability for all the schools in both conferences. I can't imagine schools like IOWA ST or KSU would want to go through BEVO and OU flirting with PAC-12 or whatever conference every year.

I know I am so sick of this realignment stuff. I just want it over with as long as UCONN got a future home.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
maybe they add BYU, stay at 9 for now, which results in each school receiving 20 million

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why? If Texas, Oklahoma and Nievas thought they could make more money for their schools by taking all 7 Big East football schools, they don't know whom to call? They can't offer them individually on the condition that at least some number accept, and agree to tie up there TV rights so they can't leave easilly, within a week? What cooperation?

Are you really a lawyer? If the Big East would just bundle the membership, there is a reasonably high probability that the Big 12 would add all of them. Instead, the Big East is letting the Big 12 buy a la carte. The only time I have ever seen piecemeal sales work for the seller is when a company is essentially a conglomerate or one division of a selling business has some kind of contingent liability. Neither of which are applicable here.

Of all the people on this board, I have to explain this to you?

Reaction Score
I think next year BE will play football with current 8 plus TCU since CUSE and PITT are not leaving for another 2 years. It will give us time to look around a little. I think the best strategy for all the BE schools is to stick together and go negotiate with B12 for a merger if Missouri bails. Of course, that will require some trust which we don't have any between any of the schools right now.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think next year BE will play football with current 8 plus TCU since CUSE and PITT are not leaving for another 2 years. It will give us time to look around a little. I think the best strategy for all the BE schools is to stick together and go negotiate with B12 for a merger if Missouri bails. Of course, that will require some trust which we don't have any between any of the schools right now.

It would seem to be common sense, but that ship sailed 3 weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Are you really a lawyer? If the Big East would just bundle the membership, there is a reasonably high probability that the Big 12 would add all of them. Instead, the Big East is letting the Big 12 buy a la carte. The only time I have ever seen piecemeal sales work for the seller is when a company is essentially a conglomerate or one division of a selling business has some kind of contingent liability. Neither of which are applicable here.

Of all the people on this board, I have to explain this to you?

You have assumed that independent entities would turn down an offer in their interest because they have "bundled" themselves. Most of your posts seem to be built on this assumption. Many of us are trying to understand why you think that is a valid assumption. If we had our own commissioner, and were shopping us together, and Texas offers $15M a year for 4 schools or $20M a year to two specific schools, who is going to turn down the $20M because they pinky swore allegiance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom