More Fanfare Deserved | The Boneyard

More Fanfare Deserved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I continue to think that there will be noticeably more hype leading up to the USC game Feb. 13. 100 in a row is easier to hype than UConn breaking its own record. And Geno vs. Dawn is a great secondary story line.

Reaction Score
The Streak is great.
But the little black cloud in me keeps thinking back to last year's GS Warriors. They were awesome during the season. But everyone kind of forgot when they didn't win the title.

Before the season, I would have been thrilled with a Final Four appearance (and loss) But now? It would really hurt if that was their first loss. But I guess I wont worry about that unless it happens. Just enjoying this TEAM!

Reaction Score
Watch this photo closely, you will see Saniya was sitting in the air ...

usf-uconn-basketball.jpg

Reaction Score
I dunno, there's such great stuff here about an incredibly inventive and restless coach combined with such old world superstitious silliness. Maybe the only way to prevent the future loss that is coming is to lose one now? Would that make Geno happy?

In short, the “secret” to UConn’s unparalleled success this season may be a coach who, despite winning more championships and consecutive games than anyone else in college basketball history, spends most of his time thinking about preventing the next loss rather than celebrating the next win.

“I just know that something is coming,” Auriemma told Sportscenter Tuesday morning before UConn’s defiant victory over USF. “The more games we win in a row, we’re getting closer to our next loss.”

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I dunno, there's such great stuff here about an incredibly inventive and restless coach combined with such old world superstitious silliness. Maybe the only way to prevent the future loss that is coming is to lose one now? Would that make Geno happy?

In short, the “secret” to UConn’s unparalleled success this season may be a coach who, despite winning more championships and consecutive games than anyone else in college basketball history, spends most of his time thinking about preventing the next loss rather than celebrating the next win.

“I just know that something is coming,” Auriemma told Sportscenter Tuesday morning before UConn’s defiant victory over USF. “The more games we win in a row, we’re getting closer to our next loss.”
It all part of the same thing as being:
Catholic and dealing with guilt, or
Being an immigrant and never feeling quite American enough, or
Being on top, and knowing everyone is waiting for you to fall, or
Being the hunted, and never knowing where and when the hunters will appear.

He was much more content and cocky when he was trying to get to the top, he was the one who was scheming and planning ways to depose those above him.
Now he spends all his time trying to figure out what all the other coaching are planning to surprise him with (just like he used to do.)

And losing will not help, because there is always another game after that he could lose as well.

He is stuck with it. :eek::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99