Moonlight | The Boneyard

Moonlight

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anyone else see this yet? Saw it last night, knowing nothing about it in advance other than that it came very highly recommended by the guy who owns Madison Arts Cinemas.

Definitely a very different and unique movie. Much more patient and subtle than most modern movies. Some great performances and very provocative issues.

If anyone else has seen it, one thing I am curious about is Juan, and why so little is said about his death. Not sure what to make of that, other than perhaps it's just another fact of life.

Reaction Score
Think just a fact of life. Not meant to be a major defining moment, but you still get sense of impact. Enjoyed it quite a bit.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Think just a fact of life. Not meant to be a major defining moment, but you still get sense of impact. Enjoyed it quite a bit.
I was happy to see him win the Critic's Choice Award for Best Supporting Actor, as well as Naomi Harris (the mother) for Best Supporting Actress; and that both have been nominated for Golden Globes.

Was also impressed with Janelle Monae as Teresa; had no idea that she was also an actress but she appeared very natural at it.

Having seen Manchester By The Sea this past weekend, I have been surprised by some thematic similarities that struck me upon reflection, namely the humanity of living a tortured existence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg
Top Bottom