Mookie Betts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mookie Betts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Sox have 3 Championships in the last 10 years. 1986 doesn't sting so bad...Still have a hard time watching that ground ball to 1st though.

Reaction Score
Whether we like it or not Mookie will be joining the Sox in New York. He is actually younger than Xander Bogaerts. I hope we are not pushing him too quickly but the Sox are clearly desperate for some offense. I think it's time to trade a starter or two for a good outfielder.

Reaction Score
Whether we like it or not Mookie will be joining the Sox in New York. He is actually younger than Xander Bogaerts. I hope we are not pushing him too quickly but the Sox are clearly desperate for some offense. I think it's time to trade a starter or two for a good outfielder.
I've officially joined your group and given up on this season and I won't change my mind if the Sox sweep the Yankees the next 2 games of the series.

Reaction Score
Looks like he sits tonight so let's see what he's got starting tomorrow. They will be sellers at the trade deadline. If he shows he can hit, I see they moving Gomes. Betts, JBJ, and Nava can't be worse than what has been out there so far this season. Victorino sits on the DL until he's healthy and then lets them move people around when he comes back. He could even be a post 7/31 trade.

Between Bogarts, JBJ, and now Betts, they have three young position players (read: cheap) whom they could build around if they show anything offensively over the last half of this year; and if the organization can acquire some hitters to supplement with the young talent, they could be right back in the thick of it next year.

Reaction Score
How can you throw a 2 strike fast ball to an incompetent breaking ball hitter like Napoli - especially with Drew on deck? An absolute huge and ridiculously stupid mistake by Tanaka and McCann……...

Reaction Score
And he shook off 2 breaking pitches so it was all on Tanaka. Wasting a fastball there would have been ok to set up Napoli for a breaking pitch but Tanaka was going for the K. Napoli got picked up on a dugout mike saying "he's an idiot." He latter apologized but he was right.

Reaction Score
How can you throw a 2 strike fast ball to an incompetent breaking ball hitter like Napoli - especially with Drew on deck? An absolute huge and ridiculously stupid mistake by Tanaka and McCann……...
According to what I read, McCann called for a splitter first and then a breaking ball and Tanaka waived him off both times. Tanaka threw his pitch. Either a bad choice or a bad location. I'm guessing that you'll forgive him. I have.

Reaction Score
No forgiving him…….Napoli can't hit a breaking stuff worth a crap why doesn't he listen…….he and Lester were both real good, of course against 2 crappy hitting teams!!!

By the way there's no apologizing for being an a**wipe……..too late. The fact he's thinks he's good enough to even say "He's stupid" is pretty funny. You're a .250 hitter who strikes out a helluva lot more than you hit HR's act like it. He and Papi (the nice guy:rolleyes:) were having a good laugh at that comment can't stand either of them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Poor Mookie Betts can't even get discussed in his own thread anymore.

Reaction Score
I loved Napoli before that HR, but the "he's an idiot" comment put him in my Mt. Rushmore of Sox hitters.

And I'm not sure NY fans should be talking smack about Napoli's hitting abilities considering he hits a HR every other at bat against you guys.

Reaction Score
I loved Napoli before that HR, but the "he's an idiot" comment put him in my Mt. Rushmore of Sox hitters.

And I'm not sure NY fans should be talking smack about Napoli's hitting abilities considering he hits a HR every other at bat against you guys.

Talking smack? Everyone is having some fun here and the Vike is here to get it back to normal with his BS………..as far as smack only you would disagree he's not a good breaking ball hitter after all he is now on your Mt Rushmore of Six hitters - go figure!!:eek:………..

You want to check to see if it's every other AB by the way? Without looking I'm guessing in years prior to putting on the ugly uniform he has on now he hit a few more against your staff my friend!!…..at least it seemed that way but who cares you need to hit against other teams too and with the career year out of the way he's back to being pretty normal.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
By the way there's no apologizing for being an a**wipe……..too late.

Aren't you basically calling yourself an a**wipe here? Not that I disagree.

Reaction Score
A lot of "baseball people" are in agreement that this type of thing happens all of the time, the Fox mic just happened to pick this up and broadcast it to the public. I don't doubt it. On court and on field mics have picked up NFL and NBA players saying worse for years.

Reaction Score
Talking smack? Everyone is having some fun here and the Vike is here to get it back to normal with his BS………..as far as smack only you would disagree he's not a good breaking ball hitter after all he is now on your Mt Rushmore of Six hitters - go figure!!:eek:………..

You want to check to see if it's every other AB by the way? Without looking I'm guessing in years prior to putting on the ugly uniform he has on now he hit a few more against your staff my friend!!…..at least it seemed that way but who cares you need to hit against other teams too and with the career year out of the way he's back to being pretty normal.
Actually, Napoli has hit the Yankees quite well. Over 57 games (about 1/3 of a season) he is hitting .335 with 15 HRs and an OPS of 1.101. Against the Sox he only hit .288 but had 15 hrs in only 125 AB's. I am sure all those HR's contributed to the Sox interest in obtaining him. I will never forget the home run he hit against Justin Verlander in game three of the AL championship series. Verlander looked like he was unhittable that day and the Tigers were going to go up 2 games to one.

His remark although not the wisest at the time, was accurate and I forgive him.

Reaction Score
Aren't you basically calling yourself an a**wipe here? Not that I disagree.

No a**wipe I didn't and obviously you can't read….it was Napoli who joined you, Viking, Lackey and Papi on the Bakers Mt Rushmore!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom