Montrell Dobbs, Part 2 | The Boneyard

Montrell Dobbs, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3316573/montrell-dobbs

Montrell Dobbs has had a few bumps in the road, but he hasn't given up on his dream to play in college, and quite possibly the NFL. Dobbs lead the Southwestern CT Grizzlies to back-to-back Intercollegiate Club Football Federation Championship appearances. The 2014 Grizzlies completed an undefeated season (7-0), by winning the iCFF Championship. They finished as the top ranked team in the country in the final iCFF Poll. Dobbs will likely be named a two-time iCFF All-American.

Players like Dobbs, who participate in Club Football, still maintain 4 years of eligibility, if they matriculate to a D1 college or university.

Is he worth a look??? I think so. It's certainly a risk, but this is one of the toughest HS players I ever saw. He broke LeSean McKoy's rushing records at Milford Academy. He wanted to go to UConn originally, but could qualify. Based on his highlights, he's still a BEAST!!!

Reaction Score
What's with Ansonia kids not making it? Kenny Tinney was one of the most talented kids I've ever seen, it's a damn shame he never made it.

Reaction Score
What's with Ansonia kids not making it? Kenny Tinney was one of the most talented kids I've ever seen, it's a damn shame he never made it.
It's tough, they're both good kids. KT, IMHO, would have eventually played Sunday's, if he stuck it out. School wasn't a top priority for them at the time. Both, became fathers in high school and they had to make difficult decisions. The decided to man up and take care of their kids. I have great respect for that. KT is doing well. He's working, providing for his family and volunteering as a coach in the Ansonia youth football program. I hope Montrell ends up somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if he matriculated to WCSU. They've resurrected the program there and have had success with second chance kids (Torrey Mack, who was dismissed from UVA, and Octavious McKoy, both from Stratford, come to mind).

Reaction Score
It's tough, they're both good kids. KT, IMHO, would have eventually played Sunday's, if he stuck it out. School wasn't a top priority for them at the time. Both, became fathers in high school and they had to make difficult decisions. The decided to man up and take care of their kids. I have great respect for that. KT is doing well. He's working, providing for his family and volunteering as a coach in the Ansonia youth football program. I hope Montrell ends up somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if he matriculated to WCSU. They've resurrected the program there and have had success with second chance kids (Torrey Mack, who was dismissed from UVA, and Octavious McKoy, both from Stratford, come to mind).

Bob Diaco was Torrey Mack's primary recruiter when he was at Virginia.

Reaction Score

From the highlights he should get quite a few FCS looks at the very least (along with DII and DIII looks)...

Reaction Score
There's an age thing that comes in. I don't know precisely the rule ... but you only have so many years to play after HS.

Plus, we still have the façade of Student-Athlete (despite what UNC tried to do ... or Auburn ... etc). You kinda have to like going to class.

Reaction Score
not sure that is true - we have seen a few examples of guys playing in their late 20s and, besides, there's that whole BYU thing

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I think it's more about eligibility than age. I'm pretty sure you can play at 65 if you haven't used up your eligibility. Not sure about receiving a scholarship though.

Reaction Score
There's an age thing that comes in. I don't know precisely the rule ... but you only have so many years to play after HS.

Does Boise know that rule?

Reaction Score
Don't know how true that is. Look at this guy:

http://www.freep.com/article/20140901/SPORTS08/309010035/

The school that this gentleman is attending is an NAIA School and obviously not subject to NCAA rules.

My understanding is that you have five years from completion of High School or Post grad to complete your college eligibility. Exceptions to this are military service and BYU missions.

Reaction Score
How does this name pop up again on this board so many years later. I suppose it is positive if it doesnt result in him in jail.

Reaction Score

Wasn't there also a lineman from Ansonia a few years back who washed out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom