Montel Harris(BCU RB) | The Boneyard

Montel Harris(BCU RB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Was let go by BCU today due to running for to many yards over his career. They hate it what kids actually play good football up there.

I wonder why he actually got kicked off the team. Team rules was reported. If its nothing bad I hope Phillips is on his cell already, just love kicking them while there down. He could potentially play right away becuase he would be going on year 5 i think, he rs at 1 point so grad school maybe?!?! I guess we will find out soon enough. New England is UConn country!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
he got hurt last year i think otherwise he would be on top the acc also record wise. he can play right away. his rift with spaz is over his hair or something stupid, its not what bc made it seem like in the press. saw a tweet that hes following a coach to temple possibly. wish we gave him a call.

Reaction Score
My guess is the main problem is that Harris probably wanted to play his last year someplace else. That's where good ol' Gene Di takes over and stabs him in the back (sound familiar?) before he leaves.

Reaction Score
The venom being spewed towards Spaz and GDF on the BC boards over this issue is epic. I know they are only message boards, but if they are even remotely representative of just a small fraction of the fanbase, BC has a real problem with its athletic department. I've always maintained that the entire leadership of that institution was insular and petty and this is just one more suggestion that that is in fact the case.

Reaction Score
they were probably worried that if they won more than 3 games this year they might have to give Spaz a raise. very shrewd business move by the clowns at BC. very shrewd

Reaction Score
One of my buddies is the nice and reasonable BC fan. This is is ugly. From what he is hearing, Harris has said he wanted to leave months ago and play his final year elsewhere ala Wilson/DOB. Flipper and Spaz are reluctant to admit he wanted to leave that forsaken sh!thole, so they are smearing him on the way out the door. The fans (all 12 of them) and more importantly, the players are none too happy about this.

But I will say this again......Leahy, Flipper, and Spaz are running a great program and a class outfit. Anyone calling for their jobs is simply out of touch. They are doing a great job and must never, ever be replaced.

Reaction Score
I have no idea if they are in fact doing this to Harris. None. But, if they are, there must be a very special place in hell for them. That's beyond the pale.

Reaction Score
I have no idea if they are in fact doing this to Harris. None. But, if they are, there must be a very special place in hell for them. That's beyond the pale.

I don't know if they are either. And, there is probably more to the story than that. But, this is what the paying fanbase is accepting as gospel. Not good.

Reaction Score
This idea that players leave and play thier final year "someplace else" is somewhat troubling to me. I can see it in limited situations, but it is becoming all too common I think. I also get that UCONN is going to be the beneficiary of it soon. But all that being said, if it is within the rules as they exist, and that is why Harris is getting kicked out, then the BC crowd is really getting petty, even more than I'd expect from Gene Defillipo.

Reaction Score
This idea that players leave and play thier final year "someplace else" is somewhat troubling to me. I can see it in limited situations, but it is becoming all too common I think. I also get that UCONN is going to be the beneficiary of it soon. But all that being said, if it is within the rules as they exist, and that is why Dobbs is getting kicked out, then the BC crowd is really getting petty, even more than I'd expect from Gene Defillipo.

I love the rule. Why not reward kids who graduate early? The kids are constantly on the short end of the stick when it comes to where they want to attend college while coaches can leave for their dream jobs without even flying back with their team.

pj

Reaction Score
Yes, if someone graduates and can attend grad school, why not? It's a reward for academic success to let grad students play NCAA football.
Can't imagine BC dismissing and badmouthing a player for the sin of graduating. I think there probably is more to the story. But if that's what it is, BC should be ostracized. I think the ACC must think they took the wrong New England school.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm not worried about our RBs this year, but if it would tweak BC to have him on our roster... WELCOME TO HUSKYVILLE, MONTEL!!

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about our RBs this year, but if it would tweak BC to have him on our roster... WELCOME TO HUSKYVILLE, MONTEL!!

I'm not worried about our TBs either. But Harris, if he's back to full health, is an outstanding back and I'd take him in an instant (assuming this isn't in fact about something he did that would make you want to back off.)

On a related note, I have no issue with being allowed to walk away after you graduate. If the whole point of this exercise is to graduate as many athletes as possible, there is nothing wrong with letting students who graduate early pick where they want to finish their career.

Reaction Score
Off topic a bit, but I do have concerns regarding RB. McCombs did a fine job last season, but he has virtually no ability to gain tough yards and I have no idea what we have with MD, MH or the new kid Williams. We have nothing close to a Brown or a Todman and I think Frey gives any of our backs a heck of a run for their money.

Reaction Score
... so you're saying our current guys would have some serious competition from two NFL backs and might even get pushed by a guy who's an undrafted free agent with the Falcons...

I think that's pretty good.

Reaction Score
Off topic a bit, but I do have concerns regarding RB. McCombs did a fine job last season, but he has virtually no ability to gain tough yards and I have no idea what we have with MD, MH or the new kid Williams. We have nothing close to a Brown or a Todman and I think Frey gives any of our backs a heck of a run for their money.

If your standard for what should be at TB is a Brown or a Todman, than 98% of programs go into the season worried every year. If your standard for what should make you worried is a more reasonable "do we know that we at least have above average TB play compared to our peers," we shouldn't be worried.

Reaction Score
If your standard for what should be at TB is a Brown or a Todman, than 98% of programs go into the season worried every year. If your standard for what should make you worried is a more reasonable "do we know that we at least have above average TB play compared to our peers," we shouldn't be worried.
It always strikes me funny that the biggest knock on McCoombs is tha the isn't Todman or Donald Brown...I'm not that worried about the tailback position...

pj

Reaction Score
When they were freshmen, Todman and Brown weren't Todman and Brown.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
WEEI spent a moment on Harris this morning. The word was that he could most likely graduate this year and he could possibly go to "grad school" at Temple, where there are a couple of former BC coaches and he could play immediately.

Reaction Score
WEEI spent a moment on Harris this morning. The word was that he could most likely graduate this year and he could possibly go to "grad school" at Temple, where there are a couple of former BC coaches and he could play immediately.

Did Meterparel find a way to put a positive spin on this for BC football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom