Mo'Ne's Family Trying to Protect Amateur Status | The Boneyard

Mo'Ne's Family Trying to Protect Amateur Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm being overly emotional, but there ought to be some kind of exception here. This probably isn't someone who's going to earn a ton of money as a pro later.

Reaction Score
I thought you could be a pro in one sport, and remain an amateur in an other. There are mens baseball players who play minor league baseball, and return to play another sport in college. Is Davis a basketball player ?

Reaction Score
John Glass said:
I thought you could be a pro in one sport, and remain an amateur in an other. There are mens baseball players who play minor league baseball, and return to play another sport in college. Is Davis a basketball player ?

You must have missed the thread where there was much discussion about her wanting to play for Geno.

Reaction Score
You must have missed the thread where there was much discussion about her wanting to play for Geno.

didn't read the thread, but I saw it mentioned

The key will be if Davis accepts endorsements, can they be considered just baseball income. The NCAA is an unpredictable organization.

Reaction Score
To the powers that be, Just let Mo'ne Davis be a kid, please! You don't think these talking suits deciding what a 13 year old athlete is worth on the open market aren't figuring their share of the gold at the end of the rainbow! $500,000; $100,000; $5,000; $25,000 what's 20% or 25%??????
This is like when a school bus crashes and kids are killed and maimed and 200 lawyers are on site in an hour talking to parents to start lawsuits!
This crap takes the joy out of watching these kids play! Agents standing outside the Stadium waiting to sign the 13 year old future greatest player of all time!

Reaction Score
To the powers that be, Just let Mo'ne Davis be a kid, please! You don't think these talking suits deciding what a 13 year old athlete is worth on the open market aren't figuring their share of the gold at the end of the rainbow! $500,000; $100,000; $5,000; $25,000 what's 20% or 25%??????
This is like when a school bus crashes and kids are killed and maimed and 200 lawyers are on site in an hour talking to parents to start lawsuits!
This crap takes the joy out of watching these kids play! Agents standing outside the Stadium waiting to sign the 13 year old future greatest player of all time!

RSH: times ten on that good note. Good post. Sick to death of the ambulance chasers etc. I've noticed previously that I like the way you think. Just said to my wife, while reading to her some of the article that WBB put up for us (thank you for that), "Gawdamighty what a world we've come to live in."

Reaction Score

JOHN: haven't see much of you on here. In responses to your query, I know that in the Ivy League, you have to be very, very careful. An All-Ivy basketball player as a freshman (with potential to be one of the League's all-time greats), was prevented from playing college basketball ever again after his first season, because in the spring he got involved in some fashion with a pro baseball team. Frankly, I forget what the circumstances were (I do know that he eventually became an MLB pitcher), but I feel almost positive that he did NOT receive any money from that MLB team while in college.

Reaction Score
the only example I can think of is Russell Wilson, he played 3 seasons of minor league baseball, and continued to play college football at NC State and Wisconsin. I am sure there are plenty of other examples

Reaction Score
Chris Weinke played pro baseball for Toronto Blue Jays minor league teams for 6 years then enrolled at FSU to play football. He won the Heisman Trophy as well.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Those issues related to baseball are a very specific waver that was worked out years ago in the NCAA. They do not apply universally. Don't count on the NCAA doing anything sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom