Mo'ne in the NBA Celebrity all-Star game | The Boneyard

Mo'ne in the NBA Celebrity all-Star game

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She's the starting point guard. She just abused abused Kevin Hart with a beautiful crossover dribble and spin move to score a basket. She had the bench standing and cheering for her.

The game is on ESPN.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Tina Charles is also playing in this game. The other two WNBA players are Shoni Shimmel and Skylar Diggins.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What age is this Davis girl ?
She's 13.

The coach of the East team is miked. He was just screaming, "For the love of Christmas, get the ball to Tina!"

Tina is having no problem pushing the guys on the floor around, lol.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Oh ok... this may be a dumb question... but is she any good at basketball ?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What age is this Davis girl ?

Freshman. Playing varsity at a very good academic but suspect basketball program. The only recent D1 prospect to come out of that program is Katie Rutan (Maryland '14 shooter - Xavier transfer) Davis has some very good AAU programs available to her including Philly Belles so she is poised to make a leap. She is good for a Freshmen a lot of poise, control, good court vision, adequate shooter. Tends to dominate the ball a little too much probably has more confidence in herself than she does her teammates- justifiable.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Oh ok... this may be a dumb question... but is she any good at basketball ?
She will definitely play D1 basketball. Needs to make a leap to play top tier D1. Needs to make an exponential leap to be a UCONN prospect IMO. But she has time.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
What the heck has Shonni Schimmel been doing in the off season? She looks blown up like a balloon. At first I thought it was the uniform but they showed a close-up and her face looks very puffy. Too many Holiday treats?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What the heck has Shonni Schimmel been doing in the off season? She looks blown up like a balloon. At first I thought it was the uniform but they showed a close-up and her face looks very puffy. Too many Holiday treats?
Blue, I thought the same thing and posted it before deleting it. I did not recognize Shoni.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Blue, I thought the same thing and posted it before deleting it. I did not recognize Shoni.

If I thought she might read this I wouldn't post it, but it seems obvious she has gotten bigger. I was shocked.

Reaction Score

She looks awful

Reaction Score
Freshman. Playing varsity at a very good academic but suspect basketball program. The only recent D1 prospect to come out of that program is Katie Rutan (Maryland '14 shooter - Xavier transfer) Davis has some very good AAU programs available to her including Philly Belles so she is poised to make a leap. She is good for a Freshmen a lot of poise, control, good court vision, adequate shooter. Tends to dominate the ball a little too much probably has more confidence in herself than she does her teammates- justifiable.

She is not a Freshman; she is in eighth grade (class of 2019)

Reaction Score
I like how the commentators keep talking about how many shots Shoni has jacked up. As I type this, she is 7-16 (3-9 from 3) and has 19pts. You'd think she'd let the people who don't play basketball year round, have a chance to shoot a bit more.

Reaction Score
She's the starting point guard. She just abused abused Kevin Hart with a beautiful crossover dribble and spin move to score a basket. She had the bench standing and cheering for her.

The game is on ESPN.

In all fairness, Mo'ne is probably taller than 5'0" Kevin Hart.... and the game is totally staged. Heck, Hart was an NBA Celebrity All Star Game MVP... Staged....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She is not a Freshman; she is in eighth grade (class of 2019)
You are correct roster list her as Class of 2019. Not sure if her HS is PIAA or not. If it is She is only allowed to play 4 years of Varsity basketball so basketball wise she is about to complete her Freshman year.

Reaction Score
You are correct roster list her as Class of 2019. Not sure if her HS is PIAA or not. If it is She is only allowed to play 4 years of Varsity basketball so basketball wise she is about to complete her Freshman year.
You can play more than 4 years of varsity basketball.

Reaction Score
I like how the commentators keep talking about how many shots Shoni has jacked up. As I type this, she is 7-16 (3-9 from 3) and has 19pts. You'd think she'd let the people who don't play basketball year round, have a chance to shoot a bit more.

I'm happy she was aggressive with the ball because most times when WNBA players play in this type of game they rarely get to attempt a shot or show off their skills. Just look at Tina tonight showing off her lovely hook shot :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
In all fairness, Mo'ne is probably taller than 5'0" Kevin Hart.... and the game is totally staged. Heck, Hart was an NBA Celebrity All Star Game MVP... Staged....

Do you mean the sequence in that highlight play was staged? How in the world do you stage that?!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kevin Hart is also in the game which reminded me of this video. It's a little racy -cursing but very funny.

For anyone that hasn't seen this video - Kevin Hart did a comedy show up at UConn and after the show, he and some of his fellow comedians played the UConn women's team in a pick-up game. The guys are really funny but, yes, Coco is right - the language may be offensive to some. But it does illustrate that whatever words come out of Geno's mouth, the team is pretty familiar with them already.

Reaction Score

She needs to muscle up and thin down if she wants to get more minutes this season. Also should be working on her defense.

I'm available to work with ya, Shoni! Tweet me. We can work something out. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog