Monday Night Quarterbacking | The Boneyard

Monday Night Quarterbacking

Reaction Score
I have seen every game this season. If you look at our games vs reasonably good, or very good competition, there is little difference in our wins and our losses. It is so easy to go back and look at a fresh game win or lose and find an answer. We lost a 1 possession game last night to a very good team. There were a dozen different plays made or not made in the game that could have switched the outcome. That is the case in every game because the difference between our reasonably good opponents and us is marginal. We win as many as we lose. We win because we executed better than our opponent, or maybe our shots were falling, or we converted at the free-throw line, or we got a bigger game than expected from someone. We lose for the same reasons. It is easy to hang your hat after a game and point a finger at someone, and claim that is the reason we lost. These are kids playing a man's game, and for my money, they do it well. Personally, I thought that game was played at a very high level by both sides. If it was played again we could just as easily be the one-possession winner. I am thankful for Danny Hurley. He has brought excitement back to the UConn basketball program. He has coached and recruited kids that are fun to watch. Yeah, they frustrate us at times, because they are so good and so competitive, we expect them to win every game. I enjoy watching this team because they will never be the kind of team that didn't show up. They play their asses off every night. We are all disappointed when they lose, but regardless if they get bounced in the first round of the NCAA Tournament or win it all, the effort will be there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin
Top Bottom