Mohamed Bamba | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Mohamed Bamba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I'm saying their impact was about 2 baskets a game different. That's what the numbers say. Your inability to recognize Thabeet was the national defensive player of the year and 2nd team all america is mystifying.
There's no inability to recognize that, all I'm saying is Emeka had all the tools of a typical C/PF and HT didn't. Again, I like HT, BUT I'm willing to bet there were more designed plays to Emeka than Thabeet, end of story.. Look, all I'm saying is it would be nice to have that type of player year in and out instead of projects that we hope can help us against the Kansas/Kentucky etc. type of PF/C s of the world. I'm as big a fan as any of you and aren't against you, it's my opinion and all of you have yours, bottom line is I just think Emeka was a better all around player, period.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Does anyone else find it hilarious that this guy keeps acting like if you're not as good as Emeka Okafor, the best overall player in the history of the program, that means you're not good? No one is even disputing that Okafor is better, but he just keeps bringing it up.
Look dude, your argument was that HT was just as good or if not better than Emeka. I dispute that and say the opposite, period. Agree or not but what I AM SAYING and listen closely, for the last time, UCONN has not had a player with Emeka's all around ability in a longggggggg time, nice players have come and gone but nobody with the overall tools Emeka had at his position. love to do this all night , and I could but have to go... Thanks for the insight, it was SUPER FUN..

Reaction Score
Mohammad bamba could be a top 5 pick in the draft come '18 , if he wants to come here I suggest you kiss the ground he walks on.

Reaction Score
Look dude, your argument was that HT was just as good or if not better than Emeka. I dispute that and say the opposite, period. Agree or not but what I AM SAYING and listen closely, for the last time, UCONN has not had a player with Emeka's all around ability in a longggggggg time, nice players have come and gone but nobody with the overall tools Emeka had at his position. love to do this all night , and I could but have to go... Thanks for the insight, it was SUPER FUN..
You're right, bud. The staff is really asleep at the wheel not getting Emeka frickin Okafors.

Oh wait there's this new thing called Zach Brown

Reaction Score
At no point was my argument that HT was as good or better than Emeka. At no point in this thread has anyone made that argument. You're a delusional idiot.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Mohammad bamba could be a top 5 pick in the draft come '18 , if he wants to come here I suggest you kiss the ground he walks on.
Bean Pole, but he has magic beans so yes I'll take him.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
At no point was my argument that HT was as good or better than Emeka. At no point in this thread has anyone made that argument. You're a delusional idiot.
You're an idiot, read all your posts, you're defending him like he's a god, walked on water, I never said I didn't like HT or he wasn't valuable . My point has always been, We haven't had a true big man with all around skills as Emeka. Go smoke some more Hasheem...

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
You're right, bud. The staff is really asleep at the wheel not getting Emeka frickin Okafors.

Oh wait there's this new thing called Zach Brown
Who said they were asleep, fool, go start a new thread.

Reaction Score
There's no inability to recognize that, all I'm saying is Emeka had all the tools of a typical C/PF and HT didn't. Again, I like HT, BUT I'm willing to bet there were more designed plays to Emeka than Thabeet, end of story.. Look, all I'm saying is it would be nice to have that type of player year in and out instead of projects that we hope can help us against the Kansas/Kentucky etc. type of PF/C s of the world. I'm as big a fan as any of you and aren't against you, it's my opinion and all of you have yours, bottom line is I just think Emeka was a better all around player, period.
Ya it would be nice to have a center as good as the best center in the history of our program every year. It would also be nice if kemba, ray, rip, and donyell suited up with him. Grow up peter pan

Reaction Score
Who said they were asleep, fool, go start a new thread.
Incorporating a BY meme in to my sarcasm.

Guess that all went way over your head. What a shock [that was sarcasm too].

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Ya it would be nice to have a center as good as the best center in the history of our program every year. It would also be nice if kemba, ray, rip, and donyell suited up with him. Grow up peter pan

You're a fool dude, I'm saying it would be nice to land players like that who have a decent all around game and have a frame that doesn't resemble a stick with a head, arms, legs and feet that blown over when another big man runs by or through them, fool.

Reaction Score
You're an idiot, read all your posts, you're defending him like he's a god, walked on water, I never said I didn't like HT or he wasn't valuable . My point has always been, We haven't had a true big man with all around skills as Emeka. Go smoke some more Hasheem...
You didn't really provide a great argument when someone countered with Hasheem Thabeet, though. All you said was that you remembered him being flipped over Blair's back, as if that negated everything that Hasheem did at the college level. People actually tried to have a reasonable discussion with you and you were overly defensive and dismissive right off the bat.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
You didn't really provide a great argument when someone countered with Hasheem Thabeet, though. All you said was that you remembered him being flipped over Blair's back, as if that negated everything that Hasheem did at the college level. People actually tried to have a reasonable discussion with you and you were overly defensive and dismissive right off the bat.
What ever, read every single post, don't come late to the party and go all Dr Phil. I have said and simply say, Emeka was an overall better talent, period. Also said would be nice to have more a typical PF/C type players with more of an overall game. I'm not here to debate or put down anyone, this is an opinion based board, like it, love it,hate it, who cares.. Don't read or reply but I'm all in for UCONN and this board for some reason likes to nit pick on anyone who disagrees with anyone"she opinion than their own.

Reaction Score
Yeah, not over my head, keep reading your dear Abby letters pal.
And keep gracing us with more original compelling thoughts like "gawrsh guys I sure wish we could get more Emeka Okafors" (yes I have been reading your posts with a Goofy voice)

*eagerly awaits irrelevant childish retort and name-calling*

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
And keep gracing us with more original compelling thoughts like "gawrsh guys I sure wish we could get more Emeka Okafors" (yes I have been reading your posts with a Goofy voice)

*eagerly awaits irrelevant childish retort and name-calling*
Again, nice thoughts guy. Love all the opinions, but on another note, you should apply for a job at Disney.

Reaction Score
Again, nice thoughts guy. Love all the opinions, but on another note, you should apply for a job at Disney.
Nah man, and you should heed your own advice, as you're the one entertaining all of us; and you don't even realize you're doing it.

That is a true gift.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Nah man, you're the one entertaining all of us; and you don't even realize you're doing it.

That is a true gift. You should heed your own advice.
Yes, ok, I'll hire you, make sure you wear your Sunday best to the interview

Reaction Score
Please all garbage put backs etc, his offensive game and post moves couldn't hold a candle to Emeka, again which is why he had a longer NBA career and would still be playing if not for an injury. Teams still wanted Emeka if he came back, didn't see anyone knocking down doors for HT to come back, nice try though...

Wrong here he eventually had a nice little one handed flip off the backboard facing up and it was far from just put backs although some were with authority. He turned out to be outstanding for the Huskies and capable of throwing 20 in on any given night, something we haven't had in a while.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Wrong here he eventually had a nice little one handed flip off the backboard facing up and it was far from just put backs although some were with authority. He turned out to be outstanding for the Huskies and capable of throwing 20 in on any given night, something we haven't had in a while.
Wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99