Mohamed Bamba | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mohamed Bamba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Borges says Bamba is almost a lock to Duke -- wants to play with Frank Jackson.
Yeah well Zach Brown wanted to play with Rique and pretty sure Brown commitment would make it difficult to land another blue chip big in 2017

Reaction Score
Yeah well Zach Brown wanted to play with Rique and pretty sure Brown commitment would make it difficult to land another blue chip big in 2017

Yep and that's okay with me. As someone said in another thread, lock up Diallo and Ashton-Langford then call it a day.

Reaction Score
Just noticed on Scout that our logo is listed first next to this kid. Does that mean the guys at scout think we lead for him? I have no problem with KO recruiting over Brown if that is the case.

Reaction Score
Just noticed on Scout that our logo is listed first next to this kid. Does that mean the guys at scout think we lead for him? I have no problem with KO recruiting over Brown if that is the case.

They're alphabetical within the same "interest level." So, not sure what makes the difference between "low" and "medium" interest, but we are the first letter school in "medium."

Reaction Score
I agree it's probably not a coincidence he grouped Hami with all the UConn accounts but it's dumb to never count out Calipari. A UK offer would scare the out of me.
Does it still come with the gym bag of cash?

Reaction Score
This kid is duke or kentucky bound, I don't want to get my hopes up on this one.

Totally willing to be wrong tho.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Enough of the bean poles, go get a solid big man. Talented will say that!!

Seriously? Who cares if he's a beanpole? We're looking for talented players, not "players who look good". If you only care about appearances, a new Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue is coming out in 10 months.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Seriously? Who cares if he's a beanpole? We're looking for talented players, not "players who look good". If you only care about appearances, a new Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue is coming out in 10 months.
Yes seriously, don't get me wrong, he's talented and would love to take him. Having said that, you or anyone else can't deny we haven't had a true post man in a while who can rebound, block shots and actually score. Okafor may be the most recent big guy that even comes to mind and checks all of those boxes.

Reaction Score
Yes seriously, don't get me wrong, he's talented and would love to take him. Having said that, you or anyone else can't deny we haven't had a true post man in a while who can rebound, block shots and actually score. Okafor may be the most recent big guy that even comes to mind and checks all of those boxes.

This should be interesting

Reaction Score
This should be interesting

If I remember correctly, there was this one guy named Thabeet or something?

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, there was this one guy named Thabeet or something?
Thabeet, that's your come back? I seem to recall a Pitt forward named Blair who tossed him like a rag doll, again bean pole. Emeka was the real deal..

Reaction Score
Thabeet, that's your come back? I seem to recall a Pitt forward named Blair who tossed him like a rag doll, again bean pole. Emeka was the real deal..
You seem to recall one bad play so that negates everything else he did? Good one.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
You seem to recall one bad play so that negates everything else he did? Good one.
Yeah, more than one play, don't act like T was the real deal. His NBA career says it all. Emeka was the real deal...next...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Thabeet was the national defensive player of the year and absolutely dominant on that end of the court. Not to mention, went to the Final Four. Blair's cheap shot body slam doesn't erase that.

Reaction Score
so we haven't had a "true post man" since that time we had the national player of the year...wonder why can't we just get a few more of those guys?

Reaction Score
Yeah, more than one play, don't act like T was the real deal. His NBA career says it all. Emeka was the real deal...next...
His NBA career says everything about his UCONN career? That seems like the exact opposite of actual reality.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Thabeet was the national defensive player of the year and absolutely dominant on that end of the court. Not to mention, went to the Final Four. Blair's cheap shot body slam doesn't erase that.
Please, yes he blocked shots, good defensive, not disputing that but you and anyone else can't honestly say he was a go to guy for any offense, so yes Okafor has been pretty much the complete package C/PF we have had in a while. Have there been some nice parts, yes, but nothing like Emeka.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
His NBA career says everything about his UCONN career? That seems like the exact opposite of actual reality.
Um, actually no, his short lived NBA career says a lot.. Don't act like Thabeet put the fear in anyone offensively ...that's the opposite of reality.

Reaction Score
Um, actually no, his short lived NBA career says a lot.. Don't act like Thabeet put the fear in anyone offensively ...that's the opposite of reality.
Sweet goalpost moving.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
so we haven't had a "true post man" since that time we had the national player of the year...wonder why can't we just get a few more of those guys?
Don't know ask our coach, that's not his type of 4 or 5 man, not knocking him, love coach, Boone, Emeka, King, Jake,etc, were more Calhoun style players..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom