Mohamed Bamba | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Mohamed Bamba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we are very underrated nationally here. Duke should get Carter. I highly doubt they get him and Bamba. The frontcourt would simply be too crowded. Ditto with UK, who's gonna land at least two bigs, one of whom will likely be Richards.

That could very well leave Bamba to us, so long as the good guys stay on him hard for however long it takes. Of course, Bamba's been incredibly tight lipped, so there's no saying we lead for sure should UK and Duke both go other directions.

And can we please get a mod to change his name to the correct spelling of "Mohamed"?

Reaction Score
I think we are very underrated nationally here. Duke should get Carter. I highly doubt they get him and Bamba. The frontcourt would simply be too crowded. Ditto with UK, who's gonna land at least two bigs, one of whom will likely be Richards.

That could very well leave Bamba to us, so long as the good guys stay on him hard for however long it takes. Of course, Bamba's been incredibly tight lipped, so there's no saying we lead for sure should UK and Duke both go other directions.

And can we please get a mod to change his name to the correct spelling of "Mohamed"?

Done

Reaction Score

I agree with you on Muhammed. :oops:

C

Chief00

You need to get to work Life! Pull out all the stops. Coordinate with Chief on this. . . Ok do something else.

Ha ha - I agree we are legitimately in the running. Far though from the gold standard of "Confirmed". When Chief says that you can go banking.

Reaction Score

The problem is that they have signed 5 star recruits to play behind other 5 star recruits in the past. Why the kids do this, I don't know. If your goal is to get to the NBA as quickly as possible, playing behind someone doesn't seem like the best idea. Maybe they convince each kid that they will be the one to win the starting spot. That would be sleazy but effective.

Reaction Score
The reason 5 star recruits play behind other 5 stars is that they think that the publicity and media hype of Duke and Kentucky trumps PT, and is better for their financial future. Karl-Anthony Towns played 20 min per game and was drafted first and became NBA rookie of year. Duke is now doing an NBA combine?

Reaction Score
Are we underestimating Texas, Harvard, Michigan and cuse here?
Just me guessing here but the only school I'd say people are underestimating is Harvard. Don't think he ends up there or anything, but I feel like he's considering it more than people give him credit for

Reaction Score
Just me guessing here but the only school I'd say people are underestimating is Harvard. Don't think he ends up there or anything, but I feel like he's considering it more than people give him credit for

Agreed. That seems to be the case with Carter too.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Are we underestimating Texas, Harvard, Michigan and cuse here?
No, I think everybody understands we could lose a recruit to one of those schools. Even so, it's much different recruiting against them than it is recruiting vs. Duke or UK.

Reaction Score
Harvard and Tommy are not backing down going after the big catch huh? I like it. Obviously plenty to offer besides basketball, but I respect these kids for going the distance and thinking that may be their landing.

Reaction Score
Hoping Richards does not go to Syracuse. However, if Carter does commit to Duke, I do not think that affects Bamba. They are two different players, and there will be plenty of time there.

Reaction Score
Hoping Richards does not go to Syracuse. However, if Carter does commit to Duke, I do not think that affects Bamba. They are two different players, and there will be plenty of time there.

How do you figure? Giles is likely gone, sure. Bolden and DeLaurier might not be 1 and dones. Carter is a center. They have a few other guys that look more like projects rather than immediate contributors. My biased view is that the path to playing time is clearer with us. I would say there is 0 chance he doesn't start as a freshman with us.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if Richards doesn't end up at Kentucky.

Reaction Score
How do you figure? Giles is likely gone, sure. Bolden and DeLaurier might not be 1 and dones. Carter is a center. They have a few other guys that look more like projects rather than immediate contributors. My biased view is that the path to playing time is clearer with us. I would say there is 0 chance he doesn't start as a freshman with us.
Jeter won't be going pro anytime soon either.

I think Kentucky has proven (with success too) that they can play 2 centers at once and succeed (remember the WCS, Towns, Lyles lineups?). Bamba may value education, but Kentucky is more of a career oriented choice than educational. Still creates a tough decision, I'm sure.

I don't see room at Duke really once Carter commits, but Kentucky will have PT and is a grand stage for talent. KO will have to face his biggest recruiting challenge for Bamba if he buys in the whole way, which I think he will.

Bamba hasn't shown to be affected by same UConn pull that Diallo gets, but Mo and Diallo are good friends, so maybe Diallo could help recruit him if he ends up at UConn.

Reaction Score
Jeter won't be going pro anytime soon either.

I think Kentucky has proven (with success too) that they can play 2 centers at once and succeed (remember the WCS, Towns, Lyles lineups?). Bamba may value education, but Kentucky is more of a career oriented choice than educational. Still creates a tough decision, I'm sure.

I don't see room at Duke really once Carter commits, but Kentucky will have PT and is a grand stage for talent. KO will have to face his biggest recruiting challenge for Bamba if he buys in the whole way, which I think he will.

Bamba hasn't shown to be affected by same UConn pull that Diallo gets, but Mo and Diallo are good friends, so maybe Diallo could help recruit him if he ends up at UConn.

Forgot about Jeter. He's another blue-chipper. I agree, the pt at duke seems to be "spoken for" even though the argument could be made that bamba is more versatile than any of their other bigs.

Would love to land Diallo and have him recruit Mo for us. UK has Adebayo, Gabriel (although he's probably more of a 3), Killeya-Jones, Willis, Humphries and Wynyard. Have to imagine Adebayo is gone after this year and Bamba would get his burn above those other guys, so yeah, UK as usual has a great pitch esp as far as PT is concerned.

Reaction Score

Delaurier and Carter are both 6-8, 6-9 power forwards. Bamba is a 7-0 center. Bolden might still be there, but probably not, and Jeter is not very good.

Reaction Score
Forgot about Jeter. He's another blue-chipper. I agree, the pt at duke seems to be "spoken for" even though the argument could be made that bamba is more versatile than any of their other bigs.

Would love to land Diallo and have him recruit Mo for us. UK has Adebayo, Gabriel (although he's probably more of a 3), Killeya-Jones, Willis, Humphries and Wynyard. Have to imagine Adebayo is gone after this year and Bamba would get his burn above those other guys, so yeah, UK as usual has a great pitch esp as far as PT is concerned.

Richards looks to be UK #1 target for center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom