Mohamed Bamba Top 4 | The Boneyard

Mohamed Bamba Top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Announced his final 4 schools, not UConn. Was pretty much a given he wasn't coming here but not it's official

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Dione time?

And I don't mean it's time to belt out My Heart Will Go On.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wanted him more than anyone in this class, even though I knew it would never happen. Good luck too him.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
That's the way the cookie crumbles....

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If he goes to UK I hope he stinks the place up. Sorry but if he isn't coming to Storrs I have no reason to care about what he does elsewhere

Reaction Score

Before I was just pissed that Diallo committed to UK, didn't blame him as he had to do what was best for him and family. Was just upset with the outcome.

Now, I'm actually pissed at him. He was recruiting Bamba to UK before committing to UK himself?! How long did Diallo know he was going to UK while Leading the UConn staff and players on?

Quade was really confident about getting Hamidou and Bamba ever since he committed to UK. Seems like these 3 knew they wanted to play with each other at UK for a while. Nothing wrong with that, but for Hamidou to know he was only going to UK and to have possibly been recruiting Bamba to UK during or before his official visit to UConn, that's messed up. He simply did KO wrong.

Hope we face them in tourney next year, and would love to see Mamadou slam a dunk in his face.

Reaction Score

Before I was just pissed that Diallo committed to UK, didn't blame him as he had to do what was best for him and family. Was just upset with the outcome.

Now, I'm actually pissed at him. He was recruiting Bamba to UK before committing to UK himself?! How long did Diallo know he was going to UK while Leading the UConn staff and players on?

Quade was really confident about getting Hamidou and Bamba ever since he committed to UK. Seems like these 3 knew they wanted to play with each other at UK for a while. Nothing wrong with that, but for Hamidou to know he was only going to UK and to have possibly been recruiting Bamba to UK during or before his official visit to UConn, that's messed up. He simply did KO wrong.

Hope we face them in tourney next year, and would love to see Mamadou slam a dunk in his face.

What I hope is that Shai Alexander ends up getting more minutes and starting.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
"Recruiting" other elite players to your elite team is the new d*** measuring contest for top recruits in CBB now. Guys all want to be like Lebron and the Big 3.

Also HD recruiting one of our top targets while being our other top target before even committing, that's just low. But yea he's a high school kid so we aren't allowed to think that here.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Diallo always came across as a d*ck, especially when asked about and talking about UConn, but I thought that was just an act and he would eventually commit to UConn. Now it's clear that he's actually just a d*ck.
Woah woah woah, when people said this exact same thing several times throughout the 99 page circus that was his thread they got destroyed for it, how can you make such snap judgements based on a video? I mean he is twitter followers with Oz and the UConn Compliance office ffs.

Reaction Score
I remember a while back there was a tweet by him saying he was going to Kentucky....then he said a friend had posted that on his twitter as a joke.....This might have been what he wanted all along....I believe he was stringing us along.....Hate Him

Reaction Score
We do not need Mo Bamba, we need less bamba. UConn's basketball program was built on work ethic, not hype.

In the immortal words of Ritchie Valens: “Do you prefer the window or aisle seat?”

…wait, sorry, wrong quote…

“Para bailar La Bamba, se necesita un poco de gracia…”—Ritchie Valens, La Bamba

My high-school Spanish is a bit rusty, but I think those lyrics roughly translate to: “One needs a little grace to dance, Mr. Bamba.”

H

huskymagic

Diabolical should be declared person non grata within 5 miles of the UCONN campus. Make it public so that he and Calimari are aware and then tell him you don't play us we play you.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Diabolical should be declared person non grata within 5 miles of the UCONN campus. Make it public so that he and Calimari are aware and then tell him you don't play us we play you.
Truth is he is just not that important after all.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can't say I didn't say so but I did - I never trusted this Ham
His distorted and retracted tweets and messages were troubling
This was the plan for a long time
I don't blame KO one bit - he trusted a spoiled rotten "kid"
I hope no bodily harm to any of these UK minions but may their 2017-2018 be filled with disappointment and may the NCAA find something on the Squid this summer and forces him to resign and he is replaced by Dom Perno or Bob Diaco

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can't say I didn't say so but I did - I never trusted this Ham
His distorted and retracted tweets and messages were troubling
This was the plan for a long time
I don't blame KO one bit - he trusted a spoiled rotten "kid"
I hope no bodily harm to any of these UK minions but may their 2017-2018 be filled with disappointment and may the NCAA find something on the Squid this summer and forces him to resign and he is replaced by Dom Perno or Bob Diaco

Reaction Score
I guess what upsets me is that he could've recruited all his elite pals to come play at UConn. They would've all been together and helped write a new chapter for our program.
So not only did he have no intention of playing here..he's helping Calipari recruit....REALLY!?

Reaction Score
Next year Coach Cal after lose in 2nd round of NCAA tourney to UConn........"We have a roster full of kids like Diallo, Bamba & Green"

Reaction Score
Next year Coach Cal after lose in 2nd round of NCAA tourney to UConn..."We have a roster full of kids like Diallo, Bamba & Green"

As well as:

".....they're just freshman remember. We win of they don't make freshmen mistakes. You hope they grow up early but some do some don't. Good news is we will have a practice on ESPN with over 100 NBA scouts at it in October next year with 6 new freshmen..."

Reaction Score
Unlike Duke, where it seems easy to loathe the individual kids who acted like whiney punks, I've never really loathed any individual kids on Kentucky, but rather the coach.

Not anymore.

I'm going to assume KO will learn from this recruitment. A kid can bat his eyes at you for many months, but if he isn't willing to commit, then you must let him know you are more than willing to move on for the sake of the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom