Moe Petrus? | The Boneyard

Moe Petrus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The forgotten man in all this. Is he invited to a combine or anything. Would have thought Moe would be a top center this year.

Reaction Score
Moe is a top center. NFL scouts will watch the film, and see technically sound, athletic center who plays to the whistle. I fully expect Mo to be drafted.

Reaction Score
Moe lived down the hall from me as a freshman, wasn't he like 21 or 22 when he enrolled? would that scare away nfl teams because he's like 26 coming out of school? Just curious

Reaction Score
Moe is a top center. NFL scouts will watch the film, and see technically sound, athletic center who plays to the whistle. I fully expect Mo to be drafted.

I do too. Seems to be a mid to late round gem type. May get overlooked by some due to the conference he played in and his age. I believe he's 25 or somewhere close, older than the average graduating senior. But he has started for 3 seasons and been the QB of OL for the last 3 seasons, an OL that had played very well the previous 2 years. If my Raiders don't bring back Satele, I wouldn't mind them taking Petrus in the later rounds. Could be a solid starting NFL center and he will definitely be missed next year. I think of the graduating seniors, Petrus' absence will be felt the most. Center is not an easy position to fill IMO.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
he will have a chance to prove himself more when the UConn has it's pro day. We shouldn't forget his week at the East West Shine game. I think the pro scouting departments know a lot about Moe.
My hope is he gets drafted late but free agency won't be bad either. he can also play in Canada as he was drafted their last year.

Reaction Score
Age wouldn't scare off teams as shown by the eagles drafting Watkins out of Baylor who was 26 and was drafted in the first round. But he would be a pretty good get in the later rounds.

Reaction Score
Moe lived down the hall from me as a freshman, wasn't he like 21 or 22 when he enrolled? would that scare away nfl teams because he's like 26 coming out of school? Just curious
They draft all those BYU guys, and 99% have done their missions.

Reaction Score
Moe had a poor senior game, don't know which one he played in, but the general consensus was that he didn't play well at all, he needs to show well during pro day to have any shot at getting drafted, may end up getting a shot as a FA.

Reaction Score
I have seen him listed as the #10 center.

His is a bit undersized by NFL standards. However, there have been some very good players at his size Mark Stepnowski comes to mind. His ability to play two positions will be a plus. He also had a very productive college career.

Pro day will be very important for him. He really needs to over 30 reps at 225 to prove his strength. This will reassure teams that he can handle 350 DTs. His quickness drills will be more important than the 40. But a fast 40 will get him noticed. Anything under 5.0 would be very good.

Reaction Score
My Cowboys are looking at C as well .. either in the draft or FA... not sure... Moe's a lunchpale type... would love it if he somehow ended up in Big D

Reaction Score
Some BYU football players are not even Mormons, and the % that actually completed missions is much lower than the inflated estimate. Dividing by 3 gets closer to a more accurate figure.

Reaction Score
The Eagles used their first rounder on that 27 year old guard from Baylor. I'm sure a team will use a later pick on Moe.

Reaction Score
You get an NFL pension after four years. Seven years is a long career.

Reaction Score
Moe is best suited for a zone blocking scheme that places an emphasis on athleticism over sheer power (which is the deal system, IMO), like the Texans and Redskins run. Moe could play either guard or center in the system. The Texans have a solid group of O Lineman, but the Skins could use some interior help.

Reaction Score
Moe is best suited for a zone blocking scheme that places an emphasis on athleticism over sheer power (which is the deal system, IMO), like the Texans and Redskins run. Moe could play either guard or center in the system. The Texans have a solid group of O Lineman, but the Skins could use some interior help.

Raiders are switching to the ZBS this year. And they need a center or Guard depending if Wiesnewski switches to center. Carlisle could be gone opening either one or both Guard spots. Definitely a solid OL prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom