Mockumentary | The Boneyard

Mockumentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wasn't going to invest the time to watch it, but woke up around 5am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, and saw that the Requium for the Big East 30 for 30 was on. Big mistake watching that, BIG MISTAKE. Any documentary on the Big East that only mentions the Connecticut program explicitly ONCE as one of the "dog games" that was forced down network's throats as a necessary evil to get the Syracuse/Georgetown/St Johns/etc games is very very suspect. Jimmy spoke maybe a grand total of 2 minutes during the thing, moreso talking about the Big East in general rather than UConn. I wanted to puke. Also, people here have been saying that the show is really just focused on the 1980s glory years, but that's not true - they go through the entire demise of the conference due to greed for football $$$. How a documentary cannot seem to mentioned a 3x National Championship program AT ALL is simply stunning stuff.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
my daughter said the same thing

I thought she was embellishing, evidently not

Reaction Score
The Mockumentary was further evidence of ESPN's war against UConn.

Reaction Score
The Mockumentary was further evidence of ESPN's war against UConn.

When a documentary goes out of its way to mention every conference appearance in the National Championship game, including Seton cking Hall, and doesn't mention the 3x National Champions at all - then yeah, we have a major problem and a Clown Show documentary put together by Clowns.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen it but isn't it supposed to be about the so called glory days of the mid 80s? If so, why would UConn be anything other than an afterthought?

Reaction Score
I haven't seen it but isn't it supposed to be about the so called glory days of the mid 80s? If so, why would UConn be anything other than an afterthought?

The documentary isn't just about the glory years, it spends a fair amount of time talking about the football-related greed and ultimate demise of the conference. It is NOT just about the 1980s, I don't know where people are getting that from.

Reaction Score
Ultimately is was just about how Gavitt built a pseudo empire and Tranghese destroyed it because be failed to reinvent it.

Similar to watching Apple as Tim Cook is lost trying to run that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
how many of the other teams in that documentary are still dancing? I think there's only one.
Point. Set. Match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer