Mo! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She was indeed quite impressive offensively with her speed and change of pace penetration,but I think the game turned when Geno put her, instead of Nurse on Mitchell. Awesome job at both ends !!
Correct me if I am wrong, was Saniya pesting on Mitchell for long stretch and Mitchell did not score at all before Mo' relayed the guarding on her?

Reaction Score
Sure the others on the team are great, but MoJett gives me goosebumps to watch. Did you see the fans in the background with their mouths open? Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
Not sure I've ever seen a more athletic play in WCBB than the one where she started to drive from the top of the key, realizing she didn't have her defender beat she pulls back and by doing so stands her defender up which allowed her to blow by the defender for an easy layup. You can not teach that and it is a very rare person that can execute that move. We are incredibly lucky to witness such gifts.
They should call that the MO. You have been MO'd. I stood up and had to get closer to the TV to watch the replay and confirm what I thought I saw. Unbelievable play.

Reaction Score
She definitely does carry it, as did Bria quite often, and it's definitely not enforced except on very rare occasions. Of course, Jordan (yes that one) carried it with regularity so Mo is in good company ! :)

For the most part it's part of the modem game now on both men's and women's sides of the sport although oddly enough (considering their hands are much much bigger and the ball is only slightly bigger), the guys are much 'worse,' in that a greater % of them carry the ball pretty egregiously.

Random thought: one of the worst offenders in my memory was Kenny Anderson of GA Tech and then the Nets, IIRC.

Jen carried, Rita carried, Sue carried, D carried, Renee carried, Bria carried. So have all the other premier guards of the last few decades. Biggest change in basketball in my lifetime. I think that pullback move and off-hand layup at about 4:30 in the first half put Mo on the wall, and probably won her the Lieberman. Sometimes it comes down to a single moment (even though she deserves the honors regardless).

Reaction Score
Jen carried, Rita carried, Sue carried, D carried, Renee carried, Bria carried. So have all the other premier guards of the last few decades. Biggest change in basketball in my lifetime. I think that pullback move and off-hand layup at about 4:30 in the first half put Mo on the wall, and probably won her the Lieberman. Sometimes it comes down to a single moment (even though she deserves the honors regardless).
Signature MO-ment for sure!

Reaction Score
Seems like its all in the definition. Earlier in the season a player on an opposing team (don't remember the exact details) was actually called for a carry. Since I have also watched MoJett turn her hands under the ball, and have watched many other players do it, I was interested in why they called the player for the carry. In slo mo, I watched the play a couple times and came to the conclusion that they called it because she had actually moved the ball to the side while her hand was under it. I mean it was a visually identifiable action. If I had to come to any conclusion, it seems that the carry call must be preceeded by an overt change in direction of the ball while the hands are under it (like it's actually being carried). It's the only thing I can figure out. MoJett and others change the direction of the ball, but don't actually "carry" it in another direction.
Does anyone else have any clearer definition of a carry in today's game?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
great Slo-MO!!!
On the last, notice that 3 of the 4 fastest ladies down the floor were wearing white. If Moriah had missed it would have been put back in .... wait a minute, Moriah miss?!!! Not going to happen. Scratch the above.

Reaction Score
One of the things I find surprising about Mo's performance this year relates to the fact that it seemed to have taken her a while to really get going. Her improvement from Year One to Year Two was so dramatic, I think we all assumed she'd start Year Three having made yet another huge leap. If you go to the Huskies game replay site and watch some of the earlier games of the season again, you will inevitably be struck by how different a player she is right now compared to what she was such a short time ago. It's not easy to fully grasp what mental adjustments went into transforming her into THE BOMB that she has since become, but there's obviously no going back now....simply the best and most explosive point guard in WCBB!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
One of the things I find surprising about Mo's performance this year relates to the fact that it seemed to have taken her a while to really get going. Her improvement from Year One to Year Two was so dramatic, I think we all assumed she'd start Year Three having made yet another huge leap. If you go to the Huskies game replay site and watch some of the earlier games of the season again, you will inevitably be struck by how different a player she is right now compared to what she was such a short time ago. It's not easy to fully grasp what mental adjustments went into transforming her into THE BOMB that she has since become, but there's obviously no going back now....simply the best and most explosive point guard in WCBB!
I think everyone underestimates the impact of losing Stef and Bria on how the season started. Stef particularly was crucial to the offensive flow. Go back and watch games from last year and see what happened when Stef was not on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom