MLive article on recruit Kysre Gondrezick | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MLive article on recruit Kysre Gondrezick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO this statement indicates a Notre Dame lean

“I’m not basing my choice on a four-year decision,” said Gondrezick, who hopes to pursue a career in communications or journalism. “I’m basing it on a 40-year decision and who’s going to prepare me the best to have a job when I’m done doing basketball."

That statement is commonly used by Notre Dame when they recruit their athletes. Other schools with high academic standards use it or similar phrases.

Reaction Score
We're not going down this road again. If you have facts to state, state them but do not indulge in speculation on a teenager's psychological makeup based on a single sentence - which may or may not be an exact quote - in a newspaper article.

Geno offered Kysre a scholarship so he, evidently, thinks she's a "UConn recruit". He would know better than we would so I hope the young lady is thinking National flag blue and white.
With an avatar like that and while giving a scloding to a poster, you are pretty friggin scary!

Reaction Score
ND has 3 guards in 2015: Patberg, Mabrey and Ogunbowale. And Jackie Young in 2016, a top 2-guard from Indiana. MM loves guards but you would thlnk ND would be saving room for McCoy, Scott, etc. My bet is MSU with her sister.

Reaction Score
IMHO this statement indicates a Notre Dame lean

“I’m not basing my choice on a four-year decision,” said Gondrezick, who hopes to pursue a career in communications or journalism. “I’m basing it on a 40-year decision and who’s going to prepare me the best to have a job when I’m done doing basketball."

Well then, clearly time to dust off the trusty tour of ESPN in Southington and... oh wait a second...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"Kysre is extremely humble and courteous." - Nice attributes in a recruit. Sounds like a great kid.

Skylar wants me to be better than her, so if I don’t end up at Notre Dame, like her, she won’t be disappointed.” - This quote confuses me. Could she be referring to college programs or coaches? Am I reading it wrong? How are other Boneyarders interpreting this quote? To me, Kim Mulkey and Jeff Walz are absolute top tier coaches, but I wouldn't say they were better than Muffet. Geno, of course, is in a league of his own.
I think she's saying Diggins wants what's best for her, for her to be the best she can be. If that means somewhere other than ND, that's ok. She's saying Diggins has her best interest at heart, not whether she goes to ND or not.

Now how true that is, who knows?

Reaction Score
"Kysre is extremely humble and courteous." - Nice attributes in a recruit. Sounds like a great kid.

Skylar wants me to be better than her, so if I don’t end up at Notre Dame, like her, she won’t be disappointed.” - This quote confuses me. Could she be referring to college programs or coaches? Am I reading it wrong? How are other Boneyarders interpreting this quote? To me, Kim Mulkey and Jeff Walz are absolute top tier coaches, but I wouldn't say they were better than Muffet. Geno, of course, is in a league of his own.
Interesting quote. I would be curious to know if Skylar has had second thoughts about going to Notre Dame. Is she feels that had she come to UCONN she could have been a national champion.... and to be honest had Skylar come to UCONN probably a four time national champ.

Who knows, but this quote does make it sound like if you want to be great you should look elsewhere...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Interesting quote. I would be curious to know if Skylar has had second thoughts about going to Notre Dame. Is she feels that had she come to UCONN she could have been a national champion.... and to be honest had Skylar come to UCONN probably a four time national champ.

Who knows, but this quote does make it sound like if you want to be great you should look elsewhere...
I don't think so. See my prior post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger