MLive article on recruit Kysre Gondrezick | The Boneyard

MLive article on recruit Kysre Gondrezick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dad was a nice player and his brother Glen played for those high scoring Runnin Rebels teams back in the days for Tark - both also were NBAers………Her dad also had some issues off the court (cocaine) when younger and for those college hoops fans who remember Dirk Minnifield of UK lore they were indicted on a real estate (or something like that) investment racket back in 2009………seems he's turned it around for his daughter's sake.

Her stats both on the court and off the court are beyond impressive that's for sure……..although it would seem to be a huge upset for Geno to pull her away from either ND/Skylar or MSU.

Reaction Score
Wow, I guess I need to spend more time embracing my masculinity.:confused:

Reaction Score
I see she mentions being rather tall. Anyone know approx. height?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what she considers tall. 5'9". Not tall, especially for basketball. Every one of this year's recruits is taller.

Reaction Score
Is it my imagination or does she look a bit like Skylar with that headband? Not sure this quote sounds like a UCONN recruit... “I tell her to get the ball up the floor, and put it in my hands, and then I’ll do the rest.”

45 TO GO

HGN

Reaction Score
Glad to see UConn made her final 6.........But its going to be hard to beat Michigan State and ND out.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what she considers tall. 5'9". Not tall, especially for basketball. Every one of this year's recruits is taller.
5'9" is not tall for a college guard, but it is tall for a high school guard, which would be the people she would be posting up. This years UConn recruits were 3's and 4's, not 2's, so they would be expected to be taller.

Reaction Score
"Kysre is extremely humble and courteous." - Nice attributes in a recruit. Sounds like a great kid.

Skylar wants me to be better than her, so if I don’t end up at Notre Dame, like her, she won’t be disappointed.” - This quote confuses me. Could she be referring to college programs or coaches? Am I reading it wrong? How are other Boneyarders interpreting this quote? To me, Kim Mulkey and Jeff Walz are absolute top tier coaches, but I wouldn't say they were better than Muffet. Geno, of course, is in a league of his own.

Last edited:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I think he's referring to the incoming class, Ekmark, Nurse, etc.
Good point. My bad. But I still believe that few high school guards are over 5'9". Looking at the class of 2015 top 50 at Prospects Nation, only 3 of the 19 guards (PG or G) listed were taller than 5'9". And these are the top college prospects, so I imagine a higher percentage of non-elite high school guards are shorter.

Reaction Score
Is it my imagination or does she look a bit like Skylar with that headband? Not sure this quote sounds like a UCONN recruit... “I tell her to get the ball up the floor, and put it in my hands, and then I’ll do the rest.”

45 TO GO
I am probably going to catch flak for this but there were a lot of things about her and the article that made me think she is not a "UConn recruit".

Reaction Score
I am probably going to catch flak for this but there were a lot of things about her and the article that made me think she is not a "UConn recruit".
No flak required. I'm sure the recruiting process will reveal to Geno whether she is UConn material. I doubt that any conclusions made from an interview of someone just finishing their 10th grade year can be conclusive one way or the other. I think the quote about putting the ball in her hands and she will take care of the rest just shows that she understands her role on the team. The few stats that I could find seemed to show that she is a good rebounder with good assist and steal stats to go with her prolific scoring.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We're not going down this road again. If you have facts to state, state them but do not indulge in speculation on a teenager's psychological makeup based on a single sentence - which may or may not be an exact quote - in a newspaper article.

Geno offered Kysre a scholarship so he, evidently, thinks she's a "UConn recruit". He would know better than we would so I hope the young lady is thinking National flag blue and white.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Dang, she's pretty freakin attractive....and apparently has the game to match. Sign her up!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
We're not going down this road again. If you have facts to state, state them but do not indulge in speculation on a teenager's psychological makeup based on a single sentence - which may or may not be an exact quote - in a newspaper article.

Geno offered Kysre a scholarship so he, evidently, thinks she's a "UConn recruit". He would know better than we would so I hope the young lady is thinking National flag blue and white.

Does she have an offer from UConn? I don't think she does. According to the article she received an offer from Stanford before her freshman year. Since when does Stanford make offers to rising freshman. She may be confusing offers with letters of interest.

Reaction Score
Dang, she's pretty freakin attractive....and apparently has the game to match. Sign her up!
I really don't think the looks a 15 year old kid should be relevant in deciding whether or not to recruit her.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Does she have an offer from UConn? I don't think she does. According to the article she received an offer from Stanford before her freshman year. Since when does Stanford make offers to rising freshman. She may be confusing offers with letters of interest.
In the section under the heading Recruiting: She recently cut her list down to six favorites, and has standing offers from each of these schools: Baylor, Connecticut, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan State, and Notre Dame are the finalists to land Kysre’s signature, with each school bringing something different to the table.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I really don't think the looks a 15 year old kid should be relevant in deciding whether or not to recruit her.

Oh don't be so uptight. I enjoy watching girls play sports and I like looking at pretty women. Put those two together, and I'm even happier. I certainly always liked watching Skylar Diggins on the court.

And don't play the 15 year old card either. It's pretty easy to tell she'll develop into an attractive woman. Some of us aren't sappy old men on here.

Reaction Score
In the section under the heading Recruiting: She recently cut her list down to six favorites, and has standing offers from each of these schools: Baylor, Connecticut, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan State, and Notre Dame are the finalists to land Kysre’s signature, with each school bringing something different to the table.

"Connecticut boasts arguably the most successful coach in Geno Auriemma regardless of sport or gender in all of college sports."

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I did read that part of the article. There may be some interest from UConn but I'm not convinced Geno has extended an offer.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't know. Her older sister just went through the recruiting process and her mom is the high school coach. It seems to me they would understand the difference.

Reaction Score
Probably a conditional offer, as in, if you pass admissions, you get in. Same thing with Anna Wilson (who verbally committed). I know Danielle Robinson had an offer from Stanford, and there were all sort of rumors she was a Stanford lean, but didn't pass admission. Just rumors from the club circuit at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom