military appreciation day on friday | The Boneyard

military appreciation day on friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
got an email from Uconn today.. what exactly does this mean? Do vet's get a discount for tickets? Let me know, I have a few brothers who are vets and would like to let them know. Thanks

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
it means our bball team is playing on a base across the pond and our dumb ass ath dept can't sdack up and put the gme on the big screen at the rent and set up a nice tail gate for the diehard fans that will show up in bad weather to watch a good team get piss poor coached to a 13-10 loss to pitt who is the scum of the earth.

note-thanks to all those vets, u have nothing to do with this rant

Reaction Score
got an email from Uconn today.. what exactly does this mean? Do vet's get a discount for tickets? Let me know, I have a few brothers who are vets and would like to let them know. Thanks

They designate one game a year as Military Appreciation Day. It normally mean that all Military personnel in CT were offered discounted tickets for the game. I also remember seeing something that they were looking for 300? military personnel to help unfurl the large flag that they display on the field before the game. I believe those 300 "volunteers" get free admission.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I don't know why they waited so f'in long,every game should be military appreciation day.

Reaction Score
I'm a US Navy veteran. if you are active duty military or a veteran you also get the opportunity to go on the field at halftime, which is what we did last year. Also, for those of you who actually get in the stadium prior to kickoff - my brother who is an E9 in the Army will be singing the National Anthem.

Reaction Score
The email I got doesn't say "military appreciation day" but says "Fairfield county days" (I live in Brookfield). If it weren't for my brother singing the anthem - and this thread - I'd never know they were doing a military appreciation day.

Reaction Score
Just noticed it's also printed on the face of the season tickets.

Reaction Score
The University is tryin to look all cool and be Pro-Vet. It cant hurt. but the reality is that us Vets dont really like recognition. It makes us feel weird. So, the people that go parading around are either current active duty people, were forced into it by their wives, or whatever.

Reaction Score
The University is tryin to look all cool and be Pro-Vet. It cant hurt. but the reality is that us Vets dont really like recognition. It makes us feel weird. So, the people that go parading around are either current active duty people, were forced into it by their wives, or whatever.

Damned if they do - damned if they don't. Hard not to recognize when they have a ROTC Program.

Reaction Score

some of us like being able to show our appreciation anyway.

thanks to all the vets and active duty men and women!

Reaction Score
Trust me I can say that vets do appreciate being recognized and supported, but they definitely do not like when people patronize them and act like they have an idea of what it's like to go through being deployed. Proud of our soldiers, especially my brothers, but wish the athletic department stepped up to the plate and did something a little more significant for our veterans.

Anyways, good win tonight, my brothers had fun, and never once mentioned it or complained. Our soldiers don't expect anything back from us.. Such heroes.

Reaction Score
I always appreciate the recognition of the Vets at the Rent. What absolutely gals me is Dick "When I was in Vietnam" Blumenthal being in anyway associated with the event. It is a slap in the face of those of us who die actual serve in Vietnam.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
some of us like being able to show our appreciation anyway.

thanks to all the vets and active duty men and women!
Absolutely, thanks to those of you serving our country. You make us proud every day.

Reaction Score
I joined in the 1980's. While there was distance from Vietnam, there were still hard feelings and I think some guilt about the way those veterans were treated. It seemed that during the first gulf war, America tried to do it's best to get it right - and has been on that course ever since.
While I know that military members do not do what they do for the accolades or the spotlight it sure is better than the way the Vietnam vets were treated. And if I have to make a choice I'll take stuff like this anytime. I appreciate it, UConn.

Reaction Score

Sort of like when Mike and Mike was at West Point the other day and the Cadet had the sign made that said "This is Mandatory".

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They were in New London at the Coast Guard Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom